JLU News leaked

muppethost

According to one of the latest Mattel Q&A sessions they plan on rectifying the Grodd situation and since its now Target exclusive i don't think it'll be too much of an issue finding these guys.

Evilstar seriously how old are you? I'm wondering why i'm even responding to this nonsense after reading the bull$hit red tornado thread you started a while back. For someone whos' supposedly 40 why the f-ck does it matter what other people think of you and this girl you speak of who cares what she thinks and then your going to give her hell cause you didnt' buy a figure? and you didnt find it later whos f-cking fault was that but your own. Do you ever take responsibility for you actions.

I collect and i go in there and buy stuff when i feel like it. My wife doesn't care the only time she mentions to me not to buy something is when my mortgage is due but its the price you pay for having a house and a family.

I dont' know your a complete moron. Was this the same girl that worked at ToysRuS you were you returned your Red Tornado? Seriously grow up. If the female can't accept your hobby oh well.

JJ is right you've got anger issues but you've also got Insecurity issues.

Then the day after Christmas, I went to Target with a girl. I saw the Grodd set discounted to about thirteen and change. I would've bought it, but I wanted to play it cool and not let this chick know I was into buying toys. And I thought I'd snag it if it got discounted more. I went back when I was by myself but it was gone. I was so pi$$ed.

Have we learned a lesson? Acting cool in front of "chicks" keeps you from action figures. Cool = whack. If you had just been yourself then you would be the proud owner of a Grodd.

Yeah. Right, Dude. Whatever.

All I 'd get is an effing scene right there in the store as she'd lay into me for buying toys at my age and for all the money I drop on them. Hey! I'm totally a hardcore collector. I buy A LOT of figs!

But this is coming from a girl who's HOOKED on QVC and owns about SIX pairs of shoes! Dude! WTF!!!! And she has the balz to give me sh*t over how I spend my own money!!!! She's just all worried I might make her look bad in front of her snobby a$$ friends! But I don't care. She cost me the Grodd so I gave her holy Hell for it later! Trust me, Bro!

It aint easy, Dude, balancing the hobby with a full life!

dude seriousl angermanagement.....you seem to have a lot issues and stuff......no one questioned ur "toyhood" and on top of that if you didnt care about "telling her off" later you should have just bought the damn figs.

and you have soooooo many toys, and you think her having six pairs of shoes is to much, thats completley weird....i think six pairs of sheos for a girl is very little.......shoot I alone have about 50+ pairs of jordans and dunks and other types of shoes.

And the whole balancing a hobby and full life line is pretty out of hand, if you are only refering to having a girl.....not even a girlfriend.....eventually it would have come out that u buy "toys" so you might have just been honest and up front. Ive had 3 gf's in my life and all of them have always been understand about my hobby and accepted me for it, and at times they have joined in the hobby. My current GF is into Mightmare before christmas, heros, and tinker bell stuff. Now we share the hobby and have fun doing it.

Why is it anytime somebody stands up for themselves it aint that they got the balz to stand up for the hobby and do what's right. It's always that they got "anger management issues!" That's just total psychobabble BS like ADD. It don't exists. People get pi$$ed and sometimes they have every right to get totally pi$$ed!

It's prolly alot easier to buy a sh*tload of figs when your a certain age, but Dude. I'm at the age when you go up to the counter to pay for a bunch of figs that your just going to get weird looks from the kid at the register and everybody else on line. I have to make it a point to tell someone that they're for my nephews or something. Dude, when you're a grown up man paying for a Zatanna, that MILF with the kids in front of you ain't looking at you like you got a chance with her. She seeing you and going "LOSER!"

I remember when the C3 Batcaves came out, I bought three at ToysRUs. When I was on line, some nosy beotch asked me something like if I was buying them all for my kids. I fr*ggin panicked! I didn't know if I should lie and say they were Christmas presents or if I should be totally straight up and say they were for me. So I just looked straight ahead and said nothing. I was so embarassed I could effing die!!! Right there!! I felt like throwing up. I didn't go back to that TRU for at least a year.

Anyways, we all have our hang-ups but honestly, dude! When you hit a certain age, you got to be in the closet about these things. Maybe when I finally sell my invesment figs and I make a ton of green, then I can pi$$ all over any a-hole who ever laughed at me, but till then I gots to play it cool, Bro.

Hopefully, before every proud mother out there jumps all over me again, they'll stand back and see where I'm coming from and relate a little. Dude, I'm only sayng what we're ALL living!!!

Peace, Dude!

If you're embarassed of buying toys, there's plenty of online places you can shop at.

And with all due respect, the whole "investment figures" thing is ridiculous, you have to be realistic, there's very little chance of, as you put it, "making a ton of green" selling figures.

Just my $.02

If you're embarassed of buying toys, there's plenty of online places you can shop at.

And with all due respect, the whole "investment figures" thing is ridiculous, you have to be realistic, there's very little chance of, as you put it, "making a ton of green" selling figures.

Just my $.02

Re: online places...Sorry, Bro. Don't trust them. I know everyone has their favorite sites and all, but I know all about ID theft. You want to cover your a$$? Don't throw your social and cc #'s around the internet!

Re: Investment figs...Dude, don't get me wrong. I ain't crazy. I know my figs aren't going to let me buy Microsoft, but I know I got me LOTS of choice items that are going to let me score BIG BANK in the future sometime. I might be wrong. I aint God. But I think Im right on this one Dude.

Why is it anytime somebody stands up for themselves it aint that they got the balz to stand up for the hobby and do what's right. It's always that they got "anger management issues!" That's just total psychobabble BS like ADD. It don't exists. People get pi$$ed and sometimes they have every right to get totally pi$$ed!

It's prolly alot easier to buy a sh*tload of figs when your a certain age, but Dude. I'm at the age when you go up to the counter to pay for a bunch of figs that your just going to get weird looks from the kid at the register and everybody else on line. I have to make it a point to tell someone that they're for my nephews or something. Dude, when you're a grown up man paying for a Zatanna, that MILF with the kids in front of you ain't looking at you like you got a chance with her. She seeing you and going "LOSER!"

I remember when the C3 Batcaves came out, I bought three at ToysRUs. When I was on line, some nosy beotch asked me something like if I was buying them all for my kids. I fr*ggin panicked! I didn't know if I should lie and say they were Christmas presents or if I should be totally straight up and say they were for me. So I just looked straight ahead and said nothing. I was so embarassed I could effing die!!! Right there!! I felt like throwing up. I didn't go back to that TRU for at least a year.

Anyways, we all have our hang-ups but honestly, dude! When you hit a certain age, you got to be in the closet about these things. Maybe when I finally sell my invesment figs and I make a ton of green, then I can pi$$ all over any a-hole who ever laughed at me, but till then I gots to play it cool, Bro.

Hopefully, before every proud mother out there jumps all over me again, they'll stand back and see where I'm coming from and relate a little. Dude, I'm only sayng what we're ALL living!!!

Peace, Dude!

If you're so embarrassed by your hobby, maybe you should collect something else. I don't care what the people in line next to me think, I'm proud of my collections and that's all that matters. I can understand that it's not exactly common for a middle aged man to be buying action figures for himself, but you don't have to be so aggressive about defending yourself. Although I disagree with your methods, you're a fellow toy collector and I have to respect you for that, if nothing else.

According to one of the latest Mattel Q&A sessions they plan on rectifying the Grodd situation and since its now Target exclusive i don't think it'll be too much of an issue finding these guys.

wow! that's more good news to me. i was unable to snag one of them Grodd packs. thanks!!

Ok I'm 41 and I do not give a flying f--k what people think of me when I buy toys

My ex girlfreind bought toys also and never put me down

So far the only thing that made me cringe was a cashier possibly in her 50's asking me if I was going to play with my toys when I got home I was pissed and didn't feel like fighting so I told her "if I feel like it I will"

On another note here

I'm watching this thread so please keep it adult in here if something happens either pm the person or contact one of us

i stil dont know how he considers the things he does as standing up for himself. who the hell at others in the store think or say, you'll prob never see them agian in your life. ive been aske dby cashiers if im bbuying them for my kids...i go no they are for me.

Got the The latest Toyfare. Not only does it state that they will make characters form other Bruce Timm shows in JLU, they specifivally mention Batman Beyond and The Zeta project. The news that really got me excited was that they said they're looking into civilian charcters for 09. Could we finally have a Lois, Jimmy, dare I dream Harvey Bullock. Not tom mention Clark, Diana, Bruce, and all the other Secret ID.

I have been lucky enough to get everything, but I have to say it was a lot of work. Now, last year Mattel said they were going ot have big things in store for JLU, but so far from what they have announced in Toyfare, I don't consider 2008 is going to be a benchmark year for JLU. THey kept touting that the fans would be happy, but this is typical Mattel, dragging out information and not releasing the goods until the Fall of this year? Come on...I realize they have other lines, but JLU has been so neglected that I think it has probably turned off a lot of folks. Unfortunately, I am a sucker and continue the good fight. I have a completely sealed collection of all the JLU figures repaints and all...and trust me, it wasn't easy to come by. I think when it is too much work, it no longer holds its value of fun for some.

I am happy that this will be a target exclusive, since I have like 7 in my area and near work. Now if they distribution will get better. Target is bad about stocking product in general.

I don't really care what Mattel does as long as they make another Green Lantern Corps pack with Hal Jordan, Guy Gardner, and Saalak and a Charlton/Fawcett comics pack that includes Captain Marvel, The Question, and Captain Atom. I know neither of these will ever happen, but I can hope.

I gave up on JLU because of distribution problems and lack of finances last year. Sounds good, but I doubt my Target will be getting anything because they can't sell their damn Superman/Batman/WW packs.

For Fan Requested Repaints... Three Words: Batzarro Deco Batman :D