JLU News leaked

muppethost

The new issue of ToyFare (due in comic stores on Wed., Feb. 13) will contain new info on JLU, but the news has already leaked to the web (thanks to actionfigureinsider.com)

JLU will now be Target exclusive starting this summer.

A new 6-pack called Attack From Apokolips will feature Darkseid, Mr. Miracle, a redeco'd Superman, and 3 new figures--Mantis, Lashina and Forager (apparently there will be pics in Toyfare of these 3 figures).

13 new characters will come out this fall including the Question! The JLU fall line-up will be shown at NYCC in April and SDCC in July.

In addition to the 13 new characters, there will be fan-requested re-paints/re-decos of existing characters.

2009 will feature characters that weren't in the JLU show including some characters from other Bruce Timm animated DC shows.

Can't wait for Wednesday to see this issue of ToyFare! Way to go, Mattel! Thanks for keeping JLU alive and healthy!

The new issue of ToyFare (due in comic stores on Wed., Feb. 13) will contain new info on JLU, but the news has already leaked to the web (thanks to actionfigureinsider.com)

A new 6-pack called Attack From Apokolips will feature Darkseid, Mr. Miracle, a redeco'd Superman, and 3 new figures--Mantis, Lashina and Forager (apparently there will be pics in Toyfare of these 3 figures).

13 new characters will come out this fall including the Question! The JLU fall line-up will be shown at NYCC in April and SDCC in July.

In addition to the 13 new characters, there will be fan-requested re-paints/re-decos of existing characters.

2009 will feature characters that weren't in the JLU show including some characters from other Bruce Timm animated DC shows.

Can't wait for Wednesday to see this issue of ToyFare! Way to go, Mattel! Thanks for keeping JLU alive and healthy!

AWESOME NEWS! Hope it all turns out to be true! Can't wait to find out who the new figures will be! Yeah! The line is not dead!

Anybody else feel like too little too late?

Dang! Mattel practically BEGGED us to stick around for this line! They said they'd fix the distribution problems and they said there'd be no more of the yons of SUPES-Bats-and WW that've been clogging the pegs for about TWO EFFING YEARS! Dude! I was totally hardcore for this line but it just made us work TOO EFFING HARD! My JLU collection is made up of about a ton of Supeses, Batses, and WW's! Anytime they effing dribbled out one or two NEW figs to us, they were TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE to find!

I STILL AINT got a Parasite, or a Volcana or a Grodd. Never saw a Hawkman or a Mr. Miracle. Dude, I know hunting is part of this hobby but Jesus! I got an effing life here! I work! I can't take off work anymore cuz somebody posts that they saw a Blue Devil over in Scranton and then when I get there theres nothing but a peg of crappy a$$ Batmen!!! Dude! This TOTALLY p*$$es me off! Totally.

Now this line is going on...even though we won't see non-JLU characters til 2009 (Thanks, Mattel! Like I might still be alive then!) and I've already stopped collecting it. Now I missed so many characters I've got to spend about 1000 bucks to catch up. I'm TOTALLY screwed here!

Honestly! I totally feel like crying.

This just sux!

Dang! Mattel practically BEGGED us to stick around for this line! They said they'd fix the distribution problems and they said there'd be no more of the yons of SUPES-Bats-and WW that've been clogging the pegs for about TWO EFFING YEARS! Dude! I was totally hardcore for this line but it just made us work TOO EFFING HARD! My JLU collection is made up of about a ton of Supeses, Batses, and WW's! Anytime they effing dribbled out one or two NEW figs to us, they were TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE to find!

I STILL AINT got a Parasite, or a Volcana or a Grodd. Never saw a Hawkman or a Mr. Miracle. Dude, I know hunting is part of this hobby but Jesus! I got an effing life here! I work! I can't take off work anymore cuz somebody posts that they saw a Blue Devil over in Scranton and then when I get there theres nothing but a peg of crappy a$$ Batmen!!! Dude! This TOTALLY p*$$es me off! Totally.

Now this line is going on...even though we won't see non-JLU characters til 2009 (Thanks, Mattel! Like I might still be alive then!) and I've already stopped collecting it. Now I missed so many characters I've got to spend about 1000 bucks to catch up. I'm TOTALLY screwed here!

This just sux!

I hear you man but this has been one of those lines i just refused to give up on. To date i have EVERY JLU figure released (with the exception of Barda and Deadshot), It has been a tough road gettting the figures and at times very expensive to get that one or tow figures you need... but all in all I have been really happy with the line. And if you work with other collectors, it is not as impossible as it seems.

And right now I am so happy i never gave up on the line... there is still a lot to come from this line. it makes me happy to still be in the game!

if true great news....jlu is one of my favorite lines. Keep them coming. ive never had a problem getting any of the figures.

Not the most exciting news I've ever heard, but Toy Fair is this weekend so im sure we will hear something there.

Not the most exciting news I've ever heard, but Toy Fair is this weekend so im sure we will hear something there.

Hmmm...I'm guessing Mattel aint showing squat at TF for JLU. This "leak" was prolly to keep some buzz going and so we didn't write them off when they didn't show crap at ToyFare. I ain't holding my breath, Bro.

Hmmm...I'm guessing Mattel aint showing squat at TF for JLU. This "leak" was prolly to keep some buzz going and so we didn't write them off when they didn't show crap at ToyFare. I ain't holding my breath, Bro.

I don't think they will be showing anything at the NY Toy Fair because thats stuff they show the other retailers and since this is Target exclusive they mentioned they won't show anything till the NY Comic Con.

They have pics of the New Gods in TOYFARE magazine. And this should be in stores tomorrow. Another website action figure insider elaborated on the news.

At least according to the Mattel invite sent out by Mattel, here is what we can expect to see at Toy Fair which starts this weekend.

Batman: The Dark Knight (Movie Line)

Speed Racer (Movie Line)

Kung Fu Panda (Movie Line)

DC Universe Classics (Comic Book Based Line)

DC Super Friends (pre-school figure line)

The Batman (Animated Cartoon Line)

JLU (Cartoon Based Line)

CARS (Movie Line)

Naruto (Anime Cartoon Line)

So you can rest easy and sit back and enjoy all the coverage right here for free ;)

cool beans

This just sux!

Went through this already with the MOTU stuff so most of here are use to this kind of stuff from Mattel.

Yep, been there done that with Mattel. Ive yet to see a Grodd or Hawkman, but its all good. Ive gotten to the point where I try to just take it in stride. If I dont get a fig, then I just dont get them. Unless its a fav character of mine i'll live. MOTU was a true lesson in patience, that just tranfered to JLU. Someday Mattel might get this right and actually get the figs out there.

Bring 'em on! The New Gods pics look awesome, can't wait to see what the rest of the figures are.

I'm also one of those people who never had a problem finding them, even when Blue Devil was super-rare, I saw a few of them.

I'd like to see figures of Giganta, Killer Frost, a good Clayface, Mongul, etc, too many to mention.

Yep, been there done that with Mattel. Ive yet to see a Grodd or Hawkman...

Dang! I TOTALLY effed myself hard on Grodd.

I saw the Grodd boxed set at a Target. But they wanted about twenty five bucks for it and I only wanted the Grodd so I said eff it, Dude. Twenty five for ONE fig? Not in my lifetime! I figured I'd wait until it got discounted.

Then the day after Christmas, I went to Target with a girl. I saw the Grodd set discounted to about thirteen and change. I would've bought it, but I wanted to play it cool and not let this chick know I was into buying toys. And I thought I'd snag it if it got discounted more. I went back when I was by myself but it was gone. I was so pi$$ed.

I read online that the Grodd set actually got down to 4.95!!!! But I never saw that in person for myself so I don't know if that's totally true. Hell, I never saw the set again.

I'm so effing pi$$ed. This has TOTALLY become the biggest g*d d*mn regret of my life. You have no effing idea!!!!

:(

the grodd pack was 20 bucks....for 6 figs thats a great price.....just like buying 2 3packs....i found 3 of them and paid $5 each for them

Then the day after Christmas, I went to Target with a girl. I saw the Grodd set discounted to about thirteen and change. I would've bought it, but I wanted to play it cool and not let this chick know I was into buying toys. And I thought I'd snag it if it got discounted more. I went back when I was by myself but it was gone. I was so pi$$ed.

Have we learned a lesson? Acting cool in front of "chicks" keeps you from action figures. Cool = whack. If you had just been yourself then you would be the proud owner of a Grodd. And not mention if you only want one or two figures from a boxset sell or trade the rest off. One man's doubles is another man's treasure.

Have we learned a lesson? Acting cool in front of "chicks" keeps you from action figures. Cool = whack. If you had just been yourself then you would be the proud owner of a Grodd.

Yeah. Right, Dude. Whatever.

All I 'd get is an effing scene right there in the store as she'd lay into me for buying toys at my age and for all the money I drop on them. Hey! I'm totally a hardcore collector. I buy A LOT of figs!

But this is coming from a girl who's HOOKED on QVC and owns about SIX pairs of shoes! Dude! WTF!!!! And she has the balz to give me sh*t over how I spend my own money!!!! She's just all worried I might make her look bad in front of her snobby a$$ friends! But I don't care. She cost me the Grodd so I gave her holy Hell for it later! Trust me, Bro!

It aint easy, Dude, balancing the hobby with a full life!

Have we learned a lesson? Acting cool in front of "chicks" keeps you from action figures. Cool = whack. If you had just been yourself then you would be the proud owner of a Grodd.

Yeah. Right, Dude. Whatever.

All I 'd get is an effing scene right there in the store as she'd lay into me for buying toys at my age and for all the money I drop on them. Hey! I'm totally a hardcore collector. I buy A LOT of figs!

But this is coming from a girl who's HOOKED on QVC and owns about SIX pairs of shoes! Dude! WTF!!!! And she has the balz to give me sh*t over how I spend my own money!!!! She's just all worried I might make her look bad in front of her snobby a$$ friends! But I don't care. She cost me the Grodd so I gave her holy Hell for it later! Trust me, Bro!

It aint easy, Dude, balancing the hobby with a full life!

dude seriousl angermanagement.....you seem to have a lot issues and stuff......no one questioned ur "toyhood" and on top of that if you didnt care about "telling her off" later you should have just bought the damn figs.

and you have soooooo many toys, and you think her having six pairs of shoes is to much, thats completley weird....i think six pairs of sheos for a girl is very little.......shoot I alone have about 50+ pairs of jordans and dunks and other types of shoes.

And the whole balancing a hobby and full life line is pretty out of hand, if you are only refering to having a girl.....not even a girlfriend.....eventually it would have come out that u buy "toys" so you might have just been honest and up front. Ive had 3 gf's in my life and all of them have always been understand about my hobby and accepted me for it, and at times they have joined in the hobby. My current GF is into Mightmare before christmas, heros, and tinker bell stuff. Now we share the hobby and have fun doing it.