What A Display

slim19722

Nice pic!!! I'd love to see it like that at all retail stores!

Nice pic!!! I'd love to see it like that at all retail stores!

It's like a time warp. Wow, so cool. That's a sight I've dreamed of for years.

I'm planning a big toy run for Nov. 23rd, and here's to hoping I see that setup echoed at the various Wally's and Targets I hit along the way.

Walked into TRU today to see what I could see. The army figures aisle had been redone and I searched up and down for the Joes... no pegs in the aisle!

I was about to leave when I spotted all the wave 1 two-packs on an endcap rack... 4 Pegs for 2-packs, and 4 (empty) pegs for single packs. LAME. However, they did have a bin-tag for the upcoming 3-packs. $14.99.

im sure that walamrt wont be geting figs anytime soon, until a big portion of those are gone.

Wow that is amazing! I hope my Walmart follows suit.

I looked for the thread but couldn't find it. Any idea where this Utopian Walmart is?

In the center of a retirement community would be my guess. Not even at Toys R Us have I seen so many 25th anniversary figures on the shelf at once

Hi RedKat!!! WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! :D

I agree the walmarts in my area have been sold out for a month now!

That store must exist in a parallel universe where Walmart has actually granted GI Joe the peg space that (based on rapid sales) it truly deserves!!

Please pardon this slight digression; but it surprises me to no end that most WM's are still very much hedging their bets where the stocking of Joes is concerned. As we all know by now the average is about 4 pegs per WM- nearly always empty, sans a peg warmer or three. If the pegs are always empty, doesn't it make sense to stock enough product to meet demand? I mean, please pardon me for thinking outside the box here, but it stands to reason that if a product is in demand (unlike the Spiderman movie and Wrestling figures, which although plentiful in supply, tend to gather dust at most stores I frequent) you stock at least enough to meet demand if not a little more.

The WM pictured at the top of this Thread is a very good step forward in ensuring there is enough stock to meet demand, and I applaud this store for doing this!

That makes me want to get up and drive to Colorado Springs!

Thanks for sharing.

I wish this was in Colorado, but the original poster is in Austin, TX, taken this past Saturday.

Lol, I was about to say, where the hell in CO is this, because up in Denver its tumbleweeds and one or two Shipwrecks. Although we are at least caught up here in CO, if you can find them that is.

Which is better then Castle Rock, weve had absolutly nothing at walmart for about 4 weeks, total empty pegs for joes. But in their defence, it is probally the worst toy department ever, half the isles are always empty. I see the stock come in on the pallets but they take them to the back and then, poof, all gone. At least until somthing goes clearance, then they unload the stockrooms, 9 months after the stuff should have hit...lol. So im guessing around next sept I should see wave 2 and 3 joes at my walmart.

Thanks for sharing.

I wish this was in Colorado, but the original poster is in Austin, TX, taken this past Saturday.

Lol, I was about to say, where the hell in CO is this, because up in Denver its tumbleweeds and one or two Shipwrecks. Although we are at least caught up here in CO, if you can find them that is.

Which is better then Castle Rock, weve had absolutly nothing at walmart for about 4 weeks, total empty pegs for joes. But in their defence, it is probally the worst toy department ever, half the isles are always empty. I see the stock come in on the pallets but they take them to the back and then, poof, all gone. At least until somthing goes clearance, then they unload the stockrooms, 9 months after the stuff should have hit...lol. So im guessing around next sept I should see wave 2 and 3 joes at my walmart.

Haha, Tumbleweeds and Shipwrecks.

I'm picturing an old abandoned desert town with tumbleweeds and faded MOC and loose Shipwrecks blowing down the street.

Thanks for sharing.

Come on down to the Springs, I have bought all of waves 1-5 singles here and waves 1-3 comic packs. Target has been the place for singles(although they did get wave 3 comic packs) and WM for comic packs.

Haha, Tumbleweeds and Shipwrecks.

I'm picturing an old abandoned desert town with tumbleweeds and faded MOC and loose Shipwrecks blowing down the street.

Yeah, with a mixed in Buzzer or hooded CC every now and then

Why, oh why won't Canadian stores stock toys like this?

There are stores up there? All I saw were Tim Horton's ;)

Thanks for sharing.

Come on down to the Springs, I have bought all of waves 1-5 singles here and waves 1-3 comic packs. Target has been the place for singles(although they did get wave 3 comic packs) and WM for comic packs.

Man you find an extra Noks pack throw me a line. My parents live in the springs, I just cant find that pack up here anywhere. And I did grab the wave 3's last week down there.

On a side note I did wander into 6 jet troopers today, it was like jettroopers heven, so that was cool. Seems wave four hit in force around here this week. Except at my local walmart, they did get a single rag head CC, must have been a return...lol.