Did Scar Face survive?

RocknRoll1982

So in the new comic pack we get Scar Face and issue 33.5 which has Scar Face. How did he survive issue 19. Is he still out there? or is this some other dude with similar scars?

Im not gonna complain because he behind Destro and CC he is next in line as my all time favorite Cobra character.

So in the new comic pack we get Scar Face and issue 33.5 which has Scar Face. How did he survive issue 19. Is he still out there? or is this some other dude with similar scars?

Im not gonna complain because he behind Destro and CC he is next in line as my all time favorite Cobra character.

nbo, he got married and died as an old man of natural causes.......and AIDS

It looks like a continuity error. For all we knew, Scarface was never mentioned again after the destruction of PIT I, and died handcuffed to the prison bars when the base exploded. The issue itself was supposed to advertise both Scarface and Siegies, which put it in a nebulous timeframe, as Scarface died in #19, ad the Siegies weren't introduced until #29.

Other than the mention of Dr. Venom being dead (which I've seen on the boards, I haven't read the book yet) the book could easily be set earlier in the timeline. Personally, I'm going to say the mention of Dr. Venom being dead is assumption of the narrator (or whoever said it), based on the events of Issue #12, where Venom, Kwinn, and Snake-Eyes were in a bunker that was bombed by Baroness and Scarface. Venom was thought dead for 3 issues.

Since we're not likely to get much continuity between these issues, I really dont want to deal with a Scarface Reborn, or a copycat... so I'll just stick it in earlier. 13.5 seems a nice fit.

The nice thing about some of the comics that are coming out with the 2-packs is that they can take place in just about any time - so it could very well be a story from before he died.

Because, yes, I think he's dead. Though it's a comic book - dead never means dead.

nbo, he got married and died as an old man of natural causes.......and AIDS

Seriously man.. not funny. AIDS is not a joking matter. (and no.. I don't have it but I know several people that do. It is nothing to joke about)

Sorry.. i don't get offened by much but that one pissed me off.

On the back of the front cover it also gives a brief explanation of events leading to that comic and it talks about Dr. Mindbender creating Serpentor despite the fact that in that very issue we see just then Mindender's own origin. So basically it makes no sense.

In the comicbook world you can do anything. I perfer to think he survived the explosion and escaped. This was his chance to live a normal life. He knew returning back to Cobra was not in his best interest. So he could still be out there married and selling used cars at some small car lot. Please feel free to add to this story maybe we could do a section called: The Misadventures of Scarface former Cobra Officer

Hmmm....I've always wondered as well.

However if you look at the first panel of the last page, in the lower right-hand corner, we see a figure running out of the HQ. It's small, but it's there. I've always wondered who it was? I suppose it could be Doc and Flagg, but it's clearly a single figure.