If you woke up in a Toy Store in the 1980s...

Riker

What Gi Joe item would you take if you only had the chance to pick one?!?

@loll@

Tough!?

I think I would get a mint in the box... TERRORDROME!!! ;)

terrordrome.jpg

Disclaimer: It does not matter what year... this TRU has every item from 1982-1989! :)

That is a tough one! Hmmm....

I'm guessing the Flagg's going to be the popular choice. I know that's what I'd buy!

If I had the chance I'd buy an HQ, Terrordrome, and Viper Gliders, JUMPs with Silver Grand Slams and Night Force figures and vehicles galore!

That is a tough one! Hmmm....

Yea I knew it would be tough for most people! However, the TerrorDrome is my absolute favorite Joe item as I have fond memories of going to my cousins house with my other siblings and spending hours playing together!

I agree DPrime, the FLAGG will be a popular choice!

This scenerio sort of happened to me in 1987.

My dad waited till x-mas eve to go x-mas shopping.

We got in the car and drove to Toy R' us.

He said we had choice between the Cobra TERRORDOME which was $99.99

at the time or grab $100 worth of Joes!

We pushed a cart down the aisle and filled that sucker with Joes and vehicles. I remembering buying the Tomahawk, Thundermachine, Battleplatform and the Brazilian 5pack just to name a few items, it was a great x-mas.

But if they had had the USS FLAGG instock I would've deffinitely bought it

over anything else.

but first i'd siphon the gas out of all the cars in the parking lot and sell it to everyone in the future and make a REAL killing

LOL good idea. I'd probably walk out of the TRU and buy some stocks! Then I could have a life sized Terrordrome built!

if I woke up in a TRU in the 80s, I'd promptly leave it, and go to Children's Palace, which was a better toystore.

or, I'd try to find work as a migrant worker (since my documentation, not to mention my MONEY would be out-of-date), because in the 80s, an adult in a toystore, with no kids was just weird.

unless I also de-aged (but retained my current knowledge), because that would just be fun!

until they realized I didn't have any parents around, and forced me to live in a foster home.

yeah, I think too much about these adult fantasies of childhood, but hey, that's the reality of it.

Defiant. All the way.

In a similar story to many others, as a kid I went into a TRU in FL and saw three Defiants on the shelves. I lived in a very small town, with only a TG&Y and K-Mart. Big vehicles/playsets were never something I could see in person. Until this day. When my parents and I came across it, my dad and I took it to the price scanner - $49.99 on clearance. I almost died. I had $20, Dad agreed to loan me $30. We had it on one of those BIG shopping carts...until Mom came around the corner.

"you have no place to put something that big, put it back." no amount of protestation from myself or my father would budge her decision. I'm pretty sure that was the day my soul died officially.

Flagg for me. I had the TD & had no interest then, or now, in the Defiant.

Children's Palace was the place for me too, Alvatron. Are you a Midwesterner?

I actually lucked out a few times when I was a kid (partially through hand me downs) to get some pretty cool vehicles like the Killer whale and Battle platform (brother grew out of it :) ) the Phanton x-19 and the Night Raven. but I think I am going to break with the trend here and say I would have taken the Toss and Cross Bridge layer. always wanted that tank for some reason, thought it was really cool.

http://www.gijoepit.com/cgi-bin/pagecall.c...p;usevin=165398

hope that link works, I could never find it around here growning up.

oh, and I agree on the Childrens Palace thing, In PA, toys r us wasnt here till they bought out childrens palace.

The entire aisle.

Okay, just ONE thing from the aisle: Defiant Space Shuttle Complex.

Now how did I forget about that? Yeah, I'd take the Defiant, but if it was only one, the Flagg would still edge it out.

Sorry guys I changed the topic title to make it appealing to everyone even those who didn't grow up around TRU...

For some reason I didn't put "Toy Store" at first but I thought about it! :P

This is also a tough one, but I did actually own nearly every large playset (minus the Defiant) and I can't say I would necessarily go for the larger items.

If there's something I kick myself over these days, is why I never did any troop building then. Just imagine, multiples of various Cobra Vipers, BATS and Siegies. I'd go crazy over that. And besides, I imagine there wouldn't be as many scalpers back in those times. :P

for me the flagg

This reminds me of the TRU shopping sprees you can enter to win.I never won any of those.Fo me it would be a tough choice.I would get the Terrordrome.Accually I had it when I was a kid.Great playset the only problem was it took up a lot of room.We ended up carage selling it.