It DOES Exist...

Numfar

I saw one of these at my local Target waaay back when the line first switched over from Superman Returns.

God those were horrible figures. Not as bad as the movie though.

WHAT was so bad about "Superman Returns"??

Special effects were great, Spacey was awesome as Luthor, story was no worse than any comic movie story (and better than some...X-3 comes to mind...and Daredevil...and Ghostrider...).

I realize that purists will always have complaints, but I frankly don't get it. Then again, I never "got" the Christopher Reeve "Superman" movies in the 1980's. IMO, those are incredibly over-rated.

The only thing about "Superman Returns" that I didn't like was the very girlie haircut on Lois's son...it just looked weird...

#US1#

never reall cared for them so never kept a look out

I saw one of these at my local Target waaay back when the line first switched over from Superman Returns.

Special effects were great, Spacey was awesome as Luthor, story was no worse than any comic movie story (and better than some...X-3 comes to mind...and Daredevil...and Ghostrider...).

I realize that purists will always have complaints, but I frankly don't get it. Then again, I never "got" the Christopher Reeve "Superman" movies in the 1980's. IMO, those are incredibly over-rated.

The only thing about "Superman Returns" that I didn't like was the very girlie haircut on Lois's son...it just looked weird...

#US1#

I thought it cheezy. There is this huge buildup to the Kryptonite island scene, and then Superman just flies the whole kryptonite island into space like it was nothing. Also, kryptonite is supposed to emit low level radiation, so people living on it could look foreward to cancer and birth defects. Brilliant Luthor.

Just to keep things accurate, the Metallo figure is 6 inches tall and does fit in with the DCSH and DCUC figures. The other figures from the line are 5 inches tall. I am not sure about Mongul though, he may be 6 inches tall as well. I know Metallo is 6 inches tall because I have him in my display with the DCSH figures.

#US1#

I thought it cheezy. There is this huge buildup to the Kryptonite island scene, and then Superman just flies the whole kryptonite island into space like it was nothing. Also, kryptonite is supposed to emit low level radiation, so people living on it could look foreward to cancer and birth defects. Brilliant Luthor.

The MOVIE was awful, sorry about the MOVIE BASHING bit but the STORY at the beginning was decent when he was away for FIVE YEARS... it was GREAT toward the MIDDLE when he saved the plane and saved the city... but SPACEY was the worst LEX LUTHER ever, the Krytonite island was INSANELY stupid and the fact that he had a son by LOIS LANE?? OKAAAY. i couldn't believe that the director of the X-MEN movie flopped this MOVIE and had CYCLOP'S ACTOR played a small roll in X3, was killed off and jumped on the crap of a movie to play LOIS'S HEART THROB lover. what made this worst is that not only did SUPERMAN RETURNS sucked pinto beans but the X-men 3 SUCKED as bad!!!

The best part i liked is that it was dedicated to CHRISTOPHER REEVE at the ending CREDITS...

Never saw Mongul...looked for him and wanted to buy him, but never saw him.

I still see Metallo every now and then.

I didn't like the Superman Returns movie either. It should have been called "Super-Deadbeat-Dad."

For those of you who want to bash the movie, feel free to do so. Just not here. Go to someplace like imdb.com or joblo.com and go nuts. It seems no one can mention Superman in a thread without it.

Otherwise, the figure went for 112.50. Quite impressive.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=170191075030

First I just want to throw in that anyone wishing to discuss the movie can go start your own thread - seriously - we're just trying to talk about the toys here.

The metallo figure is all right - it really depends on what else you have to put him with. I have my "The Batman" figures with my SR figures as well as a few other 5-inch guys. I wouldn't put him in with any other lines, though that's just my opinion.

These figures were created to reflect what a movie version of them might look like. Kind of like several figures in the 5-inch Spider-Man 3 line - kraven, the lizard, etc.

Yeah, Mongul is a 5 inch figure. I saw him a few times and passed. Metallo, on the other hand is a 6 inch fig, and I 've got him displayed with the DCSH/DC Classics, and he fits in fine.

Starman

Mattel should have made more figures from the game. There were a lot of cool creatures what would have made great figures.