WAVE 3 COMIC PAKS----

DOCHOLIDAY56

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOW dang it, Doc, if I didn't just call Owosso Walmart not even 5 minutes ago asking about comic packs. Of course the lady says "No, we haven't gotten any new ones in yet". She didn't even look. I suppose this is all assuming you got it from that Walmart. But if you did...Walmart employees :angry: :angry: (not all are like this, we have some good ones on this board...just want to make that clear)

NOW dang it, Doc, if I didn't just call Owosso Walmart not even 5 minutes ago asking about comic packs. Of course the lady says "No, we haven't gotten any new ones in yet". She didn't even look. I suppose this is all assuming you got it from that Walmart. But if you did...Walmart employees :angry: :angry: (not all are like this, we have some good ones on this board...just want to make that clear)

DUDE THEY HAD

CG PAK X2

SNAKE EYES X2

LEFT

DOC

Wave 3 comic-packs have landed in Phx, AZ also, and I picked up all 4 packs this morning!! God, there is nothing quite like the wonderous beauty of new Joes on the pegs, is there? :-)

Although I have yet to open any of the packs, I'm admiring the Ace/WW pack right now. BTW, unfortunately those 'googly-eyes' that Ace sported in the advanced pics are the same that he has in the pack. I thought maybe they'd correct that, but alas, they are still there. So, I picked out the best of the lot and, well, there ya go.

Happy Hunting, folks!

BTW, I opened WW and Ace this morning and wanted to post a few thoughts.

Wild Weasel is incredible! Even though in my mind I realize he's mostly made up of re-used Snow Job parts, they just look right on WW. I love the crimson coloring, spot-on cool helmet design, leg maps, side-holsters with knife and removeable side-arm respectively, and removeable face-plate. My one complaint about the face plate is that it doesn't flip up, but must instead be fully removed in order to look in WW's eyes. That's okay though, because it easily fits in his hand, and he can carry it around like an Amex card if need be.

Ace isn't quite as awesome as WW, but still well worth it. The flight vest works well given the overall sculpt, and the helmet fits nicely over a lip-flange (if that's the correct nomenclature) that once seated in place, is very secure and won't fall off. He doesn't come with a side-arm though, so it's essentially a fist-fight if he ever crash lands in enemy territory.

Of course this is just one of the four packs I picked up today, but I have high hopes that the others will be just as great!

Man. Where I live, I have yet to even see WAVE 2 of the comic packs. I had to buy them off ebay. I'll probably end up having to get these off ebay as well. Really though, I really want the Crimson Guard/Scarface (Cobra Officer) right now to help build up my army of Cobra.

Wave 3 comic-packs have landed in Phx, AZ also, and I picked up all 4 packs this morning!! God, there is nothing quite like the wonderous beauty of new Joes on the pegs, is there? :-)!

I assume you got these in Apache Junction? I'm in Gilbert, so on the hunt as well.

Man. Where I live, I have yet to even see WAVE 2 of the comic packs. I had to buy them off ebay. I'll probably end up having to get these off ebay as well. Really though, I really want the Crimson Guard/Scarface (Cobra Officer) right now to help build up my army of Cobra.

No reason to do something crazy like that (unless you're getting a really good deal.) I've been watching E-Bay, but with prices and shipping most hit $20 or more per 2-pack. It still early in the year and these things are just dropping - give it some time.

I still need comic packs Wave 2/3 as well as IG Destro and Snowjob, but I have found everything else in store thus far and hope to keep it that way.

You live in Apache Junction, right?

I didn't get these in A.J., but yes, that's where I'm based out of. Honestly, I doubt A.J. (proper) even has these yet. I checked last night after the announcement went out, and none of the three WM's I checked had anything but Wave 1 of the comic-packs.

Ok, now let's see some good pictures!

Maybe I'll head out tonight and try my luck. I'm not in a hurry to scoop these up, since I'm sure they'll be plentiful by the end of the month.

If anybody is looking for Wave 2 still, let me know. I can grab some up if you're willing to trade me army builders (CGs, Cobra Troopers, Air Troopers).

I hit 2 WM's and the first nothing but empty pegs. Second one, found all of the packs. From the pic's, I didn't care for WW, but in hand, definately looks better. CG is the same color as the single card, but the removable helmet has the mask bigger than the single CG. Scarface is the same as the Cobra Air Trooper, except the Cobra Logo's are a darker red, web gear is a tad brighter, nothing major, and he has hair. But the packs are cool, comics are, ehhh.

Got all 3 packs today. I wish they would have put the Rattler insignia on Wild Weasle seeing as how I'm sure I've seen that Cobra symbol with bat wings on his helmet in the comics and they DID put the Skystriker symbol on Ace's arm. Also wish they would of thrown in a gun for Ace.

The Crimson Twins are amazing. I didn't realize until I got them that they have the Extensive Enterprises symbol as belt buckles. Nice touch Hasbro. I also like the guns they come with. Much improved over those crappy guns the originals came with.

The Crimson Guard is cool put I wish they would of gave him a proper gun. The gun he comes with just doesn't make much sense. This is the first 25th Siegie I've been able to find so it's cool top finally have one (and with a removable helmet to boot). Not much to say about the Scarface figure other than it's nice to see a Blueshirt with hair.

The comic that comes with the Siegie/Scarface pack interestingly shows Dr. Mindbender's origin! Until now this was something just mentioned on his filecard.

Walmart usually sucks for me but today it rocked. Walked in and under a facing of Hawk & scarlet comic packs were the Crimson Twins, New Snake eyes & Storm Shadow, Crimson Guard and Cobra Officer, and Ace & wild weasel. I was bummed today and when i saw these i felt that wonder and excitement of my childhood. I almost danced. I bought 2 of each so i can get Doc. I left 2 of each more on pegs. if anyone wants them they are in Walmart on Elliot in phoenix.

These have renewed my faith in hasbro. The fred Figure is awesome. Ace makes me so happy, best version since V1. The Twins are BEST EVER!

nice pick up

yeah i found them too, however i still need the Destro/breaker pack.

All i have seen is what i got today and series 1.

This is first Joes i have seen since i got single Crimson guard a few weeks ago.