Hulk Legends

CinemaOdyssey

I'm sorry but all Hulk figures are big, still doesn't make a good defense for the $5 price hike.

Exactly. I'm really surprised that anyone here would be okay with the price increase simply because the figures are "big." Gosh, if that's Hasbro's reasoning, maybe we should also get a $5 price cut on the smaller figures. We're certainly lowered our standards if we're justifying $5 more for the same non-BAF Hulk-sized figures we've always gotten for the regular price.

I'm just hoping that the Target info is incorrect, or will be adjusted later on, and this is much ado about nothing.

True. I love the Bi-BEAST I got. It is Heavy but still. @ the Least Hasbro can give them all SUPERPOSEABILITY to try to

justify in some way the hike. Not all have the articulation to pose like in the comics.

Oh yeah!.. they took the comics away & the Bio-Card on the back of the Pakages!

Look @ the She Hulk!?! Again the gave her the weird single elbow & Knee joint & not the doubble hing like she should have. @grumpy@

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey you guys wanted more focus on collectors in the Hasbro toy lines, now deal with collector prices. I say if you can't afford it, get a new hobby. I will be more then happy to look at some of the stuff you want to sell once you decide to leave this hobby behind.

A $5.00 price hike seems like a lot but if the majority of the figures are larger scale and we have a BAF Foom of 22 to 25 in. I will probably buy them. If Foom turns out to be no bigger than Onslaught I'll have to pass on these series.

I can't help but think that this $5.00 price increase will be a tool for Hasbro to see what kind of a realistic price increase they can put on the rest of the ML figures based on the response to these two Hulk lines.

15?

Whoa! Hasbro keeps putting these up and makes me have less of a chance to get back into Marvel Figures!

:(

Hey you guys wanted more focus on collectors in the Hasbro toy lines, now deal with collector prices.

Yeah and it's pretty obvious that most of us have no problem paying collector prices. As long as it's not for a sub par figure that has to be at least repainted or worse case scenario... heavily customized to fit in with an established collection. Personally I have a hard time justifying paying $10.00 for a figure I don't want just to get a BAF part and as much as I want Foom. It's not enough to pay $5.00 more for repeat charecters..just to get the parts.

FACT: ML Face-Off Series - two packaged figures with great articulation, wonderful paint apps and detailed sculpt and texture, display stands and reading material.

($15 retail)

Coming Soon: HML Hulk Wave - one packaged figure with limited articulation, basic mediocre sculpt with ugly elbow and knee joints, minimal paint apps and a limb for BAF part. ($15 retail - priceless!! )

What pills are you on, and can I have some?

I bought ML Face Offs. The Hulk figure was the worst articulated figure I've ever seen. (I actually drew blood when I pinched my finger in one of what sadly passes for the POA.)

Both shields from the Cap sets (masked and unmasked) were totally useless. The elastic was way lose on both. On one, the point where the elastic was anchored to the shield wasn't even glued in!

Daredevil's ab joint is loose to the point he can't stand erect.

The Punisher's leg joints are so loose he can hardly stand at all.

I bought the Ironman/Mandarin set, and Iron Man's head fell off when I removed it from the package.

Now I may be a slow learner, but I decided to forgo the Wolverine set.

...you wanna believe your little "ToyBiz was the bestest company ever!" fairy tales, knock yourself out. The rest of us will stay here in the real world.

The Hulk may have had limited articulation, but at least he looked really good as did his articulation. The single joints hasbro uses look terrible. I love my face off guys though I did have a quality controll isuue here and there. I still think any one of them, except maybe mandarin, is better than any one of the hasbro figures I've seen so far.

A $5.00 price hike seems like a lot but if the majority of the figures are larger scale and we have a BAF Foom of 22 to 25 in.

Again, all Hulk figures are big and there has never been an increase in price BECAUSE of that fact. Also, where have you seen that the size of Foom will be 22 to 25 inches? I for one would like to see that info.

Hey you guys wanted more focus on collectors in the Hasbro toy lines, now deal with collector prices. I say if you can't afford it, get a new hobby. I will be more then happy to look at some of the stuff you want to sell once you decide to leave this hobby behind.

No offense, but that point is really off the mark. I'm sure we'd all pay collector prices for a collector's item, like an exclusive or short-run figure. But $15 for the same product we've always been getting is silly.

There's no need to be so conceited about people concerned with the price. From the tone of your reply, it sounds like you're loaded...if so, bully for you. But as for everyone else, our wallets can feel a 50% markup. In fact, even if I were rich, I'd still be against this increase on principle.

Not to mention, we're also all well aware that the line can't support itself on collectors alone. If parents start balking at buying these for kids, then the line ends up like Diamond Select--available in specialty shops, online, and nowhere else. And that's pretty annoying.

As others have said, if the $15 is true, then I hope the BAF piece is figure-sized. I don't know where this 22-25" Foom thing came from, but I highly doubt it. If it does take more than 8 figures to complete, it'll probably be because of his tail and wings, not because he's bigger than a Sentinel.

A $5.00 price hike seems like a lot but if the majority of the figures are larger scale and we have a BAF Foom of 22 to 25 in. I will probably buy them.

Again, all Hulk figures are big and there has never been an increase in price BECAUSE of that fact. Also, where have you seen that the size of Foom will be 22 to 25 inches? I for one would like to see that info.

You guys are misreading his post. He said if the figures were larger and Foom was 22-25" he'd probably buy them

FACT: ML Face-Off Series - two packaged figures with great articulation, wonderful paint apps and detailed sculpt and texture, display stands and reading material.

($15 retail)

Coming Soon: HML Hulk Wave - one packaged figure with limited articulation, basic mediocre sculpt with ugly elbow and knee joints, minimal paint apps and a limb for BAF part. ($15 retail - priceless!! )

What pills are you on, and can I have some?

I bought ML Face Offs. The Hulk figure was the worst articulated figure I've ever seen. (I actually drew blood when I pinched my finger in one of what sadly passes for the POA.)

Both shields from the Cap sets (masked and unmasked) were totally useless. The elastic was way lose on both. On one, the point where the elastic was anchored to the shield wasn't even glued in!

Daredevil's ab joint is loose to the point he can't stand erect.

The Punisher's leg joints are so loose he can hardly stand at all.

I bought the Ironman/Mandarin set, and Iron Man's head fell off when I removed it from the package.

Now I may be a slow learner, but I decided to forgo the Wolverine set.

...you wanna believe your little "ToyBiz was the bestest company ever!" fairy tales, knock yourself out. The rest of us will stay here in the real world.

I am not a ToyBiz fan nor a Hasbro fan. I am however, a Marvel Legend collector. And I notice what a drop in features and specs mean. I also know what a price hike is or an attempt to increase profit margin would look like. So don't be an ignorant bastiche and blast an objective opinion.

marvel legends was for collectors when toy biz made them. excellent sculpts, excellent paint aps, excellent articulation, and up until the last 2 waves of TBML excellent BAF's.....with hasbro its crap. all the way around. looks like childrens toys. they upped the price, gave us less articulation, and horrific paint jobs.

I'm cool with $15 per as long as it's for figures I want, that are well executed. A lot of these figures seem to be the size of current BAFs anyway, so I'm cool with paying $15 for a well done Wendigo. I'm "lucky" in a sense that I don't care if I add FOOM to my collection, so I don't have to feel obligated to buy several different versions of the Hulk I'm lukewarm on. For me, a $15 price tag just pushes me off the fence on any characters I'm undecided on (ex: another She-Hulk or another Planet Hulk). I'll make a judgement call on Valkrye and Samson once I see the final version of each, but $15 won't scare me off if they look good. The bottom line is Hasbro will really have to step it up for future offerings if they expect to see $15 per.

A $5.00 price hike seems like a lot but if the majority of the figures are larger scale and we have a BAF Foom of 22 to 25 in. I will probably buy them.

You guys are misreading his post. He said if the figures were larger and Foom was 22-25" he'd probably buy them

I misread that as you stated, and concede to the "if" where Foom is concerned, but not about the normal figures themselves being larger. Both of the original Hulk Classics waves had above average sized figs that were the majority of the line(minus Creel and Fixit) yet still managed to keep the same price point as the normal Legends figures. By the reasoning of bigger figures = higher prices, every single larger character within every Legends line should've had a price hike to cover the cost of the extra plastic needed then.

guy i'm just thinkinh are we sure that there is a increase. no offense to the new guy but how do we know he is right?

No, it's just a rumor right now, but it's fun to discuss regardless. @smilepunch@

Does anyone know how far apart ML Hulk series I & II will be released? I would hate to have series I come out in June and have to wait until Aug or Sept to get series II. It would also be possible for kids to forget about the line if the wait is too long between each series release. I would hope that series II would come out no later than a month from series I, or that they both get released together. With Hasbro's past line releases, it could take 6 months between the release of series I and II.