Hulk Legends

CinemaOdyssey

First off, while this is my first official post, I have been frequenting this site over the last year or so. I'm happy to be on board! Now to the interesting stuff... I manage a toy department at Target and in investigating the numbers I came across:

Hulk Legends Build a Figure

The DPCI number for it is 087 06 2037, so it can be looked up to see if any Targets nationwide have it in the future.

Now for the bad news...listed price is a whopping $14.99! The only thing for me that justifies that price point is a large-scale Fin Fang Foom building piece.

Anyways, thought y'all would like to know.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you look up the price of iron man figures, or future hml waves?

I haven't been able to locate the Iron Man numbers yet. Target has about 2,000+ slots to fit them into, so I'll have to do a little more research. However, I also saw:

Marvel Legends 2-pack figure: DPCI 087 06 2007

Marvel Super Hero Theme 4PK (which is probably Super Hero Squad): DPCI 087 06 2020

Spiderman Venom Saga Villains: 087 06 1898

Spiderman Animated Action Figures: 087 06 1900

Spiderman Classic Action Fig: 087 06 1899

Spiderman Premium Series Fig: 087 06 1911

Spiderman Wallcrawler: 087 06 2045

Now, Target can be tricky with some of these. They listed the Ghost Rider figures with DPCI numbers and all...then decided not to order them in-store. Instead, they put them on the website. Hopefully that is not the case with Iron Man (which I have a suspicion that Wal-Mart will be the big carrier of this line) and Hulk.

well, hasbro said they would be 15 bucks since most of the figures qould be face off hulk sized, so unless all future legends are that big, i think its just temporary.

Yow! This is the first I had heard of $15 for the Hulk waves. Sure, I guess I can understand the price hike with a supposed gigantic BAF and filled with huge brick type characters (for the most part...) - but that means Foom will cost around what? $150 - $175? I forget exactly how many figures are in the combined waves.

Welcome, and the 14.99 price tag is understandable because the Hulk is a massive figure and they're going to come with a probably large BAF peice. The 7.99 price point is a thing of the past. 9.99 and 10.99 is the norm now. Even in the comic shops(the ones I go to) their figure prices are 14.99 and 19.99 so if you want cool figures you have to pay.

I don't care if they were 19.99 I'd get them all because the Hulk rules. The Hulk's massive so he needs more plastic which translates to more money for the fig. You can't buy the same price tires for a Ford Aspire that you buy for a Ford F-350 it's bigger so it's tires need more rubber. ;) More money, more money

well, hasbro said they would be 15 bucks since most of the figures qould be face off hulk sized, so unless all future legends are that big, i think its just temporary.

Yow! This is the first I had heard of $15 for the Hulk waves. Sure, I guess I can understand the price hike with a supposed gigantic BAF and filled with huge brick type characters (for the most part...) - but that means Foom will cost around what? $150 - $175? I forget exactly how many figures are in the combined waves.

well, theres four in each wave, so thats eight combined, which comes out to 119.82 + shpping an handling, tax and what have you. no doubt will there be bitching about the price hike, but they are still technically cheaper than the face off sets.

well, theres four in each wave, so thats eight combined, which comes out to 119.82 + shpping an handling, tax and what have you. no doubt will there be bitching about the price hike, but they are still technically cheaper than the face off sets.

Ed McGuiness Hulk, Valkyrie, Absorbing Man, FA She-Hulk, Wendigo, Red King, Son of the Hulk, Planet Hulk.. Hulk, Hulk: The End, Doc Samson.

Seen pictures of all 10. Are some of these no longer part of the two Hulk waves?

And yes, they are cheaper than face-off packs. I understand figures are now in the $9.99 - $10.99, but I still didn't realize they were $15 a pop.

Ed McGuiness Hulk, Valkyrie, Absorbing Man, FA She-Hulk, Wendigo, Red King, Son of the Hulk, Planet Hulk.. Hulk, Hulk: The End, Doc Samson.

Seen pictures of all 10. Are some of these no longer part of the two Hulk waves?

And yes, they are cheaper than face-off packs. I understand figures are now in the $9.99 - $10.99, but I still didn't realize they were $15 a pop.

Don't forget Bi-Beast.

face-off packs had 2 figures so the price was understandable

Don't forget Bi-Beast.

Ok, so at least 11. I would hope Foom would be big if we're looking at $165 + tax + shipping + ...

face-off packs had 2 figures so the price was understandable

What they are trying to get at is most of these figures are BIG. REAL BIG. Like the Face-Off Hulk, Juggernaut, Abomination, and a few other big. Plus each coming with a large piece of a gigantic BAF. That is why many are justifying the $15 price-tag.

I'm sorry but all Hulk figures are big, still doesn't make a good defense for the $5 price hike.

Exactly. I'm really surprised that anyone here would be okay with the price increase simply because the figures are "big." Gosh, if that's Hasbro's reasoning, maybe we should also get a $5 price cut on the smaller figures. We're certainly lowered our standards if we're justifying $5 more for the same non-BAF Hulk-sized figures we've always gotten for the regular price.

I'm just hoping that the Target info is incorrect, or will be adjusted later on, and this is much ado about nothing.

FACT: ML Face-Off Series - two packaged figures with great articulation, wonderful paint apps and detailed sculpt and texture, display stands and reading material.

($15 retail)

Coming Soon: HML Hulk Wave - one packaged figure with limited articulation, basic mediocre sculpt with ugly elbow and knee joints, minimal paint apps and a limb for BAF part. ($15 retail - priceless!! )

FACT: ML Face-Off Series - two packaged figures with great articulation, wonderful paint apps and detailed sculpt and texture, display stands and reading material.

($15 retail)

Coming Soon: HML Hulk Wave - one packaged figure with limited articulation, basic mediocre sculpt with ugly elbow and knee joints, minimal paint apps and a limb for BAF part. ($15 retail - priceless!! )

@jump# @purpbananna# @yipee@ So true!

pffff all who agree for Hasbro to change name to Hasblow, say AYOOO! lol.

these better be the best damn MLs Hasbro makes if they're going to be 15 bones a piece....i mean seriously. lets see some friggin ballin paint jobs+paint wash this time, rookies!

and then some! @peace@

If this is true I might be throwing in the towel on these waves. I was looking forward to a few of these figures, especially Doc Samson and Valkyrie, but I am sick of Hulk figures. I was anticipating eating the 3 or so in these waves to get Foom, but at 15$ a pop for McGuinness, The End, and WWHulk I think I may have to resign myself to not having Foom in my collection.

As if I needed yet another reason to hate Hasbro having the brand.