I am 1 out of 500 people...

Cataclizm1

realistically it not that rare. there are alot of those on ebay

There are..? There are three up on E-Bay right now and only two in completed listings. I've been eyeing these every few days to see if 500 is right (although the one cat on this site said he has found 2.)

I've tried:

Marvel Girl Package/Backwards/500 Variant.

Oh, and grats Cataclizm1!

Edit: Small edit. Apparently double variant also picks up a few. So that puts around 5 (maybe 6) of them up currently.

not interested in this at all. its a PACKAGING variant. if i do find it, i'll be happy to ship it to any of you guys for cost plus shipping, or maybe a trade of some sort.

i've found the normal variant at regular retail, its the exact same figure.

has anybody noticed the 1 out 0f 500 sticker is not on there anymore

has anybody noticed the 1 out 0f 500 sticker is not on there anymore

Hmm, mine doesn't have the 1 of 500 sticker, and I got mine off ebay for way less than I thought I could get it for.

realistically it not that rare. there are alot of those on ebay

HASBRO's marketing team said only 500 were going to be made. That would make this pretty friggin' rare, unless they changed their minds, and made more than 500.

Now, as to the actual "value" of it...personally, I wouldn't pay one dime over retail for it. I can't stand the character, and I think it's a bad figure...in addition to being a silly way to make a "variant".

But my personal opinions don't change the fact that it's (supposedly) 1/500 pieces, so it IS rare.

#US1#

i am one out of 500 people...

that doesnt give a crap. im not really into the whole "variant" game, unless its something significant, like stealth/golden iron men, and spider-woman 2. besides, the way the packaging is, someone could have opened it, reversed the bubble, and glued it back together. yes, they would have had to have been concentrated as hell, but it's still do able. im not sure a brick and mortar store would do that, but some ebayers will stoop really low.

Awsome find man!!!! And forget all the nay sayers, Look for my next post to see what I found too!!!!

Yo thats what Im thinking too . I have already seen at least 5 to 10 Reverse Variants on Ebay. So it kinda makes one suspicious of Hasbro saying its only 500 out there. The odds of that many people finding the same item of which only 500 were made are very very slim. For anyone who collects Ruthless Aggression figures, how often have you ran across an 1 of 500 Figure. It is rare moment indeed, most of those guys dont even hit the store shelves. It took me a year to actually run across one at a TRU, it was so random. Also if you check Ebay they're more variants of Marvel Girl than the original..... WTF. Not only that but all of you die hards who do runs regularly know that in some cities the latest wave of ML has yet to even appear! My Target still has Beast and Banshee warming up those pegs. Target of all stores is the worst when it comes to collecting they never have anything and if they do its priced always a buck higher than Walmart. To make a long story short, I believe some genius in the Hasbro marketing department concocted the 500 limited variants to boost sales. Not hating on the find just curious as to just how limited these figures really are. Some food for thought guys...... if this is truly a limited set with only 500 made . Why are the packages not numbered? :unsure:

i myself have been watching these on ebay over the past week and i have seen quite a few of these, 23 to be exact. ones i am currently watching and ones that have currently ended. i did not check today or yesterday to see if there are any more up or not, but there have been way too many for a figure that has a low production number like 500.

I wonder if anyone reading these posts bought this figure for over a thousand when it first started popping up on ebay. Some of those auctions were ludicrous in the amount that they were going for.