Nemesis BAF.. a little underwhelming so far?

pastwatch2001

Not my type of BAF. The skinny legs kinda kills it. If he looked as massive as the first illustration then I'd make a go of it. This sculpt gives him more of an "anime" look and has that "Unlimited" quirck to him which is reminiscent of the third illustration. I will definitely pass . . . but I'll pick up Black Bolt variant from that wave though.

I am COMPLETELY passing up on this wave. As an X-Men collector, not even the BAF is appealing to me. AOA, no thanks. The Hasbrotoyshop exclusive winner is also another one I'll be passing on. I'm not complaining though because I'm saving money. Hopefully wave 5 has some more characters I like, I already know I'm getting Spiral for sure.

This is possibly the best BAF since the Blob or Annihilus. (Yeah, I liked Annihilus!!!)

The Brood Queen looks good but i never cared for those creatures and the Sandman BAF is a rip-off!!!

My only pet peeves are that i have to buy ANOTHER Punisher and ANOTHER Beast to finish him, but this is actually a decent wave, and it offers 3 brand new figures as well as a good villain as the BAF.

This is one time i cant really rag on Hasbro and looks like they are truly trying to improve. Hopefully the hip-hoints wont be the pain-in-the-neck top-of-the-crotch attached kind. Aside from that, he looks just like the comics and can't wait to add him to my collection.

Now when are these figures dropping?

Hes decent but i think he could be alot better.. This wave is very debatable for me, i think when i see them in person is when i ll have a better idea of if i ll get them or not. The wave overall is still iffy to me too.

Not my type of BAF. The skinny legs kinda kills it. If he looked as massive as the first illustration then I'd make a go of it. This sculpt gives him more of an "anime" look and has that "Unlimited" quirck to him which is reminiscent of the third illustration. I will definitely pass . . . but I'll pick up Black Bolt variant from that wave though.

Joe Mad! designed Holocaust... so thats why he looks so "anime" but yeah the fact that he'll have his FA look is OK with me! I'm amped!!! He was/is one of my favorite figures from the 90's run

i think its a pretty good representation of the crystal armor. the only thing that bothers me is the gun.... could use a little more glowiness or something.... the red circles on his gun look a little weird

i'm just happy we're getting a holocaust at all.... one of my favorite characters, so im happy with the one we're getting. much better than the generation x one, which just had a tube as a gun.

It looks okay maybe it'll be better in person, is nemesis still alive?

no holocaust is dead, unfortunately @grumpy@

hyperion (an evil one) killed him in exiles by cracking open his armor and breathing his energy in as hyperion has energy absorption powers. my hope is that 1) an alternate reality (even the 616) version pops up or 2) he is eventually expelled from hyperion and they duke it out on hyperion's deserted world, which is where the exiles dumped him off.

Hey, I saw a picture of him with his lid down somewhere. Does anyone have that picture?

Really? I'd like to see that. The one up in the first post is the only shot of him I've ever seen.

Well since you obviously pulled the above image from Wizard, I would say you were looking in all the wrong places ;)

http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mod...600&start=0

As for the figure itself, I think at least from the initial images we have seen, it is pretty dead on to the character it is based on, and the fact it's made with translucent plastic makes it pretty cool. Also though he orginated in the AOA Universe he later crossed over to the regular MU.

I dunno'...If you ask me, he looks pretty much like the pics you provided.

yeah, i agree. he looks JUST like that 3rd picture. I'm pretty excited for this line. I WANT that new Beast (so i can complete my Astonishing line up) and i'm always excited to get new characters (Tigra, Nova and Black Bolt)...and i think even the Punisher and Daredevil look cool.

I'm okay with a line having 3 figures that have been done already because, as someone said earlier, this will always be the case. But this BAF is one of the few that i feel i really want, so i'lll def buy the whole line.

Hey, I saw a picture of him with his lid down somewhere. Does anyone have that picture?

Really? I'd like to see that. The one up in the first post is the only shot of him I've ever seen.

Well since you obviously pulled the above image from Wizard, I would say you were looking in all the wrong places ;)

http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mod...600&start=0

As for the figure itself, I think at least from the initial images we have seen, it is pretty dead on to the character it is based on, and the fact it's made with translucent plastic makes it pretty cool. Also though he orginated in the AOA Universe he later crossed over to the regular MU.

When are you guys going to learn MN has all the pics you could possibly ever need? ;)

Well, upon seeing these images of Nemesis, I have to admit, he is spot on with the third illustration. It's just unfortunate that the the 3rd one is the least intimidating out of all of them and has disproportionate upper and lower halves of his body. Still a maybe in my book but he did gain up a notch because he is indeed comic accurate with one interpretation.

No way, Nemesis(Holocaust) is my most wanted BAF in a long time, one of the best looking/written dudes from AoA IMO and the figure looks great, yeah i'll have to get a modern Punisher to get him him but i'll deal with it, least Tigra's there and Nova and Black Bolt for new characters.