Hasbro hiring for Associate Brand Manager - Marvel

Jeff

right.... but I'm not about to go out and get a BA in marketing so I can work for Hasbro.

i don't think many of us would meet these requirements:

Bachelors Degree in Marketing or Related field; MBA a plus.

Demonstrated history of strong project management skills and attention to detail.

One to three years experience in Consumer Product Marketing required. Experience in the Toy/Juvenile product marketing a strongly preferred.

Superb oral communication skills.

Demonstrated experience in sales forecasting and implementation, promotion development and execution.

This is a job opening for a Jesse Falcon or Derryl Depriest--someone with the right credentials.

Its highly doubtful any active posters here have that kind of resume'.

I posted it more as a joke, though I'm not sure why you are so quick to assume that everyone here who posts and lurks is just some uneducated bum. As one of the most well known toy websites on the net, seems like a logical place for people in the industry to lurk or hang out.

This is a job opening for a Jesse Falcon or Derryl Depriest--someone with the right credentials.

I posted it more as a joke, though I'm not sure why you are so quick to assume that everyone here who posts and lurks is just some uneducated bum. As one of the most well known toy websites on the net, seems like a logical place for people in the industry to lurk or hang out.

I never said anyone was uneducated. I did say that the credentials for that posted job are VERY specialized and its highly doubtful any active posters here have such credentials. People from the industry seldom 'hang out" on forums like this simply because they get treated pretty badly once their occupation comes out.

But what if you are a know-it-all super fan who always knows exactly what SHOULD be done. Isn't that qualification enough? :)

But what if you are a know-it-all super fan who always knows exactly what SHOULD be done. Isn't that qualification enough? :)

If that was all it took, the world would be a LOT geekier than it already is.....

If that was all it took, the world would be a LOT geekier than it already is.....

##1# if only

Perhaps that this job is available is a sign that Hasbro realizes they've completely screwed up almost everything Marvel related since they got the license and need outside help.

Or, the person previously in the position left the company or was promoted. That's all it means.

If it meant they thought they screwed up the Marvel line, the listing would have gone like this (and there would be more than one listing):

"We screwed up. Our Marvel line is a mess that no one wants to buy. Retailers aren't ordering in the quantities they were when Toy Biz was producing the line. We are currently looking for anyone with any knowledge of the Marvel universe of characters who thinks they can do better than us, a multi-million dollar toy company that has been around for over 40 years. Help us fanboy, you're our only hope."

Stop hating, it makes the internet a less fun place.

Perhaps that this job is available is a sign that Hasbro realizes they've completely screwed up almost everything Marvel related since they got the license and need outside help.

Or, the person previously in the position left the company or was promoted. That's all it means.

If it meant they thought they screwed up the Marvel line, the listing would have gone like this (and there would be more than one listing):

"We screwed up. Our Marvel line is a mess that no one wants to buy. Retailers aren't ordering in the quantities they were when Toy Biz was producing the line. We are currently looking for anyone with any knowledge of the Marvel universe of characters who thinks they can do better than us, a multi-million dollar toy company that has been around for over 40 years. Help us fanboy, you're our only hope."

Stop hating, it makes the internet a less fun place.

isn't the hate the best part of the internet? :huh: LOL :P