New Wolverine & The X-Men Animated Series Trailer Online

JayC

The show was originally suppose to be a Wolverine solo so at least they put the X-Men in it. I agree its not the best name but it is what it is.

Cyc is off to moarn so that at least puts an explaination on where Wolverine takes charge and becomes more of the focus.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not that it matters either way - but Wolverine has not been the 'official' leader of X-Men in the comics. He's more of a loner who happens to belong to a team. Even in X-Force they are doing Cyclops' 'dirty work'. Whenever Cyclops left to 'mourn' the death of Jean (whcih i think only happened 3 times. i think), STorm took over. Storm, Havok and Rogue have all been leaders at one point...but not Wolverine.

but it doesn't matter. This cartoon obviously isn't comic accurate. and it doesn't matter. It looks really cool. I am one of the few who liked X-Men Evolution (mostly the later episodes), but this cartoon looks like it has appeal for kids (heance it being called 'wolverine an the x-men') and for us fanboys (having what sounded like Foo Fighters in the trailer, and having 2 characters die right in the trailer). I think it looks awesome. I'm pretty excited.

Does anyone know when it starts?

I think it looks pretty decent. Any word on when this is going to debut and on what channel?

I just hope Hasblow doesn't work these figures into regular ML waves like they have with those POS movie figures. Separate continuity should equal separate toy line. But at least these are pretty close to the current comic costumes in most cases if they do slip a few in, not that I'd be any happier about having to buy them to get a 616 BAF.

That looks amazing! Can't wait. I don't know how some of you can compare this to xmen evolution,this looks 1000000 times better.Evolution was bleh compared too this. I feel it looks more like the original xmen.

Anybody else notice that the voice talent for beast,cyclops & wolverine is the same as the original xmen.

as an xmen reader from th 80s this looks kool, except the whole woverine leading thing...

all i can picture is him in his old brown beat up leather jacket smoking a ciggerate trying not to piss off xavier/cyclops/storm (whoever is leading at the time) when he kills people

uncanny issue 245's cover is permantly burned into my head.

so as the leader of the xmen in a leadership role in a kids cartoon, i think we are all gonna have to pretend a little that the comic stories don't exsist to enjoy this.

how ever i think there is alot of enjoying to do if u make that step. the orginally xmen cartoon was watchable, and this looks even better

Where's the trailer? When I follow the links all I get is a pic and info about it:

http://www.cyber-animation.com/wolverine/wolverine.htm

to clearify, not only has Wolverine never taken comand, he has constantly passed on the taking leadership roles starting all the way back to Giant-Size X-men, when he bailed on Alpha flight.

and I hate how cyclops is depicted, he better make a turn around quick.

you mean like the time that jean grey first died in the comics and the time after that and the time after. it exactly how cyclops is supposed to react.

oh and wolverine has taken leadership position before.

Actually that showdown between Wolverine and Cyclops was swiped from AXM... Emma and Cyclops arn't half naked in bed, but you get the gist?

Wolverine has lead the X-Men more times than I can count, it may not have been "official" but yeah he's did a lion's share of the work tons of times!

"Siege Perilous" He was crucified, and hunted by the Reavers

"Mutant Massacre" He defended the morlocks after his showdown with Sabretooth

"X-Tinction Agenda" He was the one who stayed on task and brought everyone back together

"Brood Saga" He absorbed the Broodling, to save the remanding team

"Days of Futures Past" He freed Kitty in hopes to use her to get to Rachel

All of which have been when everyone else was freaking out, Wolvie had his S--T together and got everyone else back on task

Oh, yeah... The show looks great, anythings better than that horrible 90's crap

It looks really good I have to admit.

Even though Jean will not be in this series, I like how she is at least honored in the sense that an explanation is given as to why she is not an active member in the show.

I would have been very upset if this series pretended like Jean didn't exisit.

I guess the writers did this to introduce Emma to the fix.

I'd be extremely surprised if they didn't do a Phoenix Saga of some sort. They could work it in if they really wanted to.

Anyway, looks like a great series. I'm not too fond of the idea of Wolverine being the leader though. He's got great survival and fighting skills, but definitely doesn't have very good leadership skills.

Storm's in the cartoon, she could've been leader if you ask me and maybe have Wolverine be a close second.

It's kind of funny. A few years ago, I was complaining to a friend of mine about Wolverine's over-exposure and said "Wow, it's not even 'The X-Men' anymore, it's 'Wolverine and the X-Men'" Careful what you wish for I guess lol @smilepunch@

Actually that showdown between Wolverine and Cyclops was swiped from AXM... Emma and Cyclops arn't half naked in bed, but you get the gist?

Wolverine has lead the X-Men more times than I can count, it may not have been "official" but yeah he's did a lion's share of the work tons of times!

"X-Tinction Agenda" He was the one who stayed on task and brought everyone back together

All of which have been when everyone else was freaking out, Wolvie had his S--T together and got everyone else back on task

what you interperate as leadership, I interperate as saving the day. alot of those situations wolverine is the only man standing, so hes only leading himself.

what you interperate as leadership, I interperate as saving the day. alot of those situations wolverine is the only man standing, so hes only leading himself.

yeah, that' exactly how i feel. He may have 'taken control' of the situation, but he was never the leader of the entire X-Men. He COULD be the leader, but he doesn't want to be. But he does have his sh*t together, hence him always being able to save the day.

I don't care if Stan Lee himself was leading the xmen this time around, IT'S A NEW XMEN CARTOON! Also it looks like it's gonna be pretty AWESOME, be happy and enjoy. :P I hope the have cool theme song like the 90's show that'll get you siked to watch the show. :D

I know I'm poking a stick at the hornets nest now :mellow: .

Now that i think of it, this is all Marvel's plan to blend this in while Wolverine the Movie comes out. When you think about it, This animated Wolverine is a lot like the one from the movie.

During "Fall of the Mutants" Wolverine was referred to as the team leader.

i think this looks great!! i'm just glad we finally have another x-men show to watch!!

That looks amazing! Can't wait. I don't know how some of you can compare this to xmen evolution,this looks 1000000 times better.Evolution was bleh compared too this. I feel it looks more like the original xmen.

Anybody else notice that the voice talent for beast,cyclops & wolverine is the same as the original xmen.

and i do think that all three are not voiced by the same people that did the original or evolution!!

yeah, that' exactly how i feel. He may have 'taken control' of the situation, but he was never the leader of the entire X-Men. He COULD be the leader, but he doesn't want to be. But he does have his sh*t together, hence him always being able to save the day.

Saving the day and possessing leadership qualities are two different things. He doesn't want the title because he doesn't trust himself (loss of loved ones and all that?) But how many times has he been the one to give a character the pep talk that decides the outcome? That's leadership in a nutshell...Example; Jordan may have been the most active component with the Bulls, Phil was the leader, yet they both lead the team.

He has a tendency to bring out the best in whomever he's written with. Kitty wouldn't be nearly as interesting without him, Rogue or Jubes... but maybe I'm just delusional? Now he's on his little jaunt with Peter and Kurt, here's hoping they both get a little more interesting too?!

i think this looks great!! i'm just glad we finally have another x-men show to watch!!

and i do think that all three are not voiced by the same people that did the original or evolution!!

I'm pretty sure it is the same people.Listen to the voices in the trailer.If its not the same people its a good match.