just realized HML complaint

deadpooliscool

Comics being dropped from the line was mainly due to costs, even ToyBiz was bound to do it if they had continued with the line(plus a lot of times the choices for the comics that cam with the figure was either lame/stupid), the peg holes though, dunno, sure the FF wave have peg holes but they aren't the old standard ML size, just dunno about that decision on Hasbro's part.

honestly even though i do miss those comics inside the package, i never actually opened them to read it or anything, i just took'em off the package and put it aside somewhere, but i really do miss them being in the package.

Hellion, how could you never read those comics?! There are some real classic, awesome books included.

I don't want to go on a Hasbro rant, but while I do like many of the ML products they have released thus far (aside from the movie release characters) I do miss all that Toy Biz gave me for a price frange of $6.00 - $8.00 With Hasbro figures starting at 10 bucks a pop, I need more than a BAF piece.

I recently purchased a Black Knight and Hydra Soldier, and at least a background carded diorama would be nice to go with them. As far as the peg holes go, I don't know why? GI Joe and Star Wars gets them but Hasbro wont do it for the MLs. Hopefully they can improve this in the future.

the comics were dropped because hasbro would have had to pay extra for them, driving the cost up even more. toybiz probably got them free because they are a subsidary of marvel. for me, it isnt a great loss, mainly because they rarely featured the best stories.

I really want to see the peg holes come back, my She Hulk figure still won't stand on it's own.

Really? That's odd, I have both versions and they stand perfectly, even WITH 2 kids jumping around and shaking the toys around.

the comics were dropped because hasbro would have had to pay extra for them, driving the cost up even more. toybiz probably got them free because they are a subsidary of marvel. for me, it isnt a great loss, mainly because they rarely featured the best stories.

I really wonder if Hasbro would've had to pay a lot for the comics. It seems to me it either could've been part of the license, or that Marvel would have allowed the comics' inclusion in order to promote its product. I don't think that's why they were dropped. This is especially true considering that we all seem to have read that ToyBiz would've dropped the comics anyway.

In the end, I believe the comics were a casualty of increasing oil prices. If it becomes more expensive to produce plastic action figures, then accessories, comics, BAF parts and other "extras" get cut down to compensate.

Personally, I think it was an awful decision. We're constantly told that MLs are for kids, not just collectors. But including comics was a great way to introduce kids to characters they hadn't seen before (nothing makes a kid want to play with a toy more than seeing him "in action"--be it in the comics or on TV). And it also probably got a lot of kids into Marvel comics, which is basically the point of MLs, isn't it?

hasbro sees that there are a lot of collecters that have everything from toybiz ML 1, so why not boost up the sale price cause we'll keep collecting regardless if theres a comic or not. well, this isnt 100 percent accurate but at least I get an extra "post" point.