Wave 6 In Hand Pics

Batman27

Fresh form the joecustoms website, here we have in hand pics of Wave 6. Couldn't find info on how he got them. For the most part I think they all look good and I'm continuing to love this line. Cobra commanders helmet is removeable, even though Beachheads head is underneath. Enjoy

http://www.joecustoms.com/forums/viewtopic...75763174#p65682

Too bad about Rock and Roll. Those Duke arms are just terrible, and that MG3 looks way too big.

The highlight is definitely Torpedo. Cobra Commander is also very nicely done but I would have preferred them to not go with a removable helmet, if that's all we're going to get to see.

That Cobra Commander's hips actually don't look as bas as they first seemed. I like the removable helmet. Isn't his backpack on upside down or have I been putting on my 87 figure wrong all these years? I like the removable oxygen tanks on Torpedo's backpack.

Rock 'n Roll? Now that's a name I haven't heard since 1982.

man.. tha Cobra Commander sucks. I just can't get over those legs sticking out of the crotch piece like that. This is the Hasbro of a few years ago letting this go to production instead of fixing it. Big dissappointment.

I'll get two Torpedos and Rock n Roll... and skip CC

Most of the time I agree with you Clam but...

That Rock and Roll is the one that sucks! Terrible arms and the sculpt looks incredibly amateur. The worst part is the Duke arms with the hands coming off.

The Cobra Commander in the hand, is not perfect but the sculpt at least looks great in comparison to original. Keeping true to what the original armored CC looked like.

Just my opinion...

#US1#

One other thing that really sticks out to me are Rock and Roll's bandoliers. Instead of linked machinegun ammo, which they should be, they look like the kind of bandoliers that a hunter (or Flint, for example) would use for his shotgun shells. Little details like that bother me - every time I look at it I'm going to picture Rock and Roll individually loading each round into that big machinegun of his...

Too bad about Rock and Roll. Those Duke arms are just terrible, and that MG3 looks way too big.

Totally agree, why are they still using those horrible forearms? RnR's head sculpt looks great though! Torpedo looks great too and I think they did a good job on CC even though it's Beach Head's head.

Isn't his backpack on upside down or have I been putting on my 87 figure wrong all these years?

(lol) Me too man!! I used to pretend it was a compact jet-pack. I guess put it on wrong as well. Thought I was the only one...

One other thing that really sticks out to me are Rock and Roll's bandoliers. Instead of linked machinegun ammo, which they should be, they look like the kind of bandoliers that a hunter (or Flint, for example) would use for his shotgun shells. Little details like that bother me - every time I look at it I'm going to picture Rock and Roll individually loading each round into that big machinegun of his...

Well looking at him too, the bandoleers have "Firefly Syndrome" where they are bunched up around the neck.

Earlier pics showed a detachable belt of ammo for his MG. Problem was, that belt was bigger than the ones on the figure. Isn't the point of carrying ammo belts like that for USE in the weapon? Why not just have two ammo belts that can be either used in the gun or snapped closed around the torso?

Well looking at him too, the bandoleers have "Firefly Syndrome" where they are bunched up around the neck.

Earlier pics showed a detachable belt of ammo for his MG. Problem was, that belt was bigger than the ones on the figure. Isn't the point of carrying ammo belts like that for USE in the weapon? Why not just have two ammo belts that can be either used in the gun or snapped closed around the torso?

That would have been a great idea, and easy to do, you would think...

Rock N' Roll: The Duke arms do really look out of place here. Not a bad look...but this figure doesn't knock my socks off.

Torpedo: This figure as well as Snow Job are both true improvements over their original RAH counterparts. This is another gem.

COBRA Commander: All right! If I can get the blue Snake Eyes and swap his head with this guy's, then I can have an easy LBC Shockwave DEF style and this guy would still look pretty cool(then again, perhaps using Serpentor's bald head could be a better idea).

At least these figures look better than how I initially saw them.

Thus far I think maybe a few collectors have seen these in the mid-West (as there's already an eBay auction from a guy who has them "in hand"), but I have yet to see any en masse reports of these showing up on the pegs.

Any reports that these are rolling in?

I like them all. I agree that the weak point if CC's hips, but otherwise his figure does look good. Torpedo looks fantastic. Rock and Roll looks pretty cool, too. Definitely looking forward to these.

And vehicles! Let's get cracking, Hasbro.