Bowen Busts

evenflow

I have really just recently started buying statues and busts and have to say Bowen really is great. I bought the latest 2 Spider-Man busts, Scarlet Spider, Carnage, and Beta Ray Bill and have them displayed and they look great. I pretty much am thinking of just having a Spider-Man and Cosmic focus so went ahead and bought the Diamond Select Zombie Spider-Man just to add to the Spider-Man focus. I knew it wouldnt fit in perfectly with the Bowen stuff but figures i could get away with it since it is a zombie and an odd item. So i finally opened it up and have to say i do not like it at all. The style, the paint, the feel of the material. It just doesnt do it. This is my only experience with the diamond select busts but i can say will be my last.

bowen is hands down one of the best companies that make statues and bust....the only ones I can think of that put out a better quality item is sideshow and their comiquettes

i dont think that marvel would let them do both......I have the very first bowen statue, which is of superman, the same one that was on seinfelds shelf in the tv show. came out in like 92 ,93 i think

i did too but when the adam hughes statues came out i had to get them.

yeah theyve gone up in value too....the black cat just came out not to long agoe so prices are still resonably priced.....I love the fact some of them come with the control art too.

Yes I am starting to like that idea as well too JJ diamond has done things like this a few times as well I think though the only one I can really remember is the new avengers statue series :) based off the finch #1 cover :S I must say I think I would buy more statues & such were they to have some great art to go /display along beside them :) It really is a great idea!

You have said you can find the odd cheap statue and bust at sdcc right JJ ?.. I think I'd like to pick up something nice when I am there too but I duno what ...

well depends what you like and if its an art peice you like....I love adam hughes thats y i get all his sideshow stuff.

I don't think bowen would be able to do it but I'd love to see some real classic cover statues or key type statues yknow ...

like say

FF #49 "build a statue" base or something LOL

Or even a hulk #181 cover statue :D

Either one would cost a couple arms & legs though :S

oh DC recently had a good JLA joint figure cover statue as well for an example

yeah bowen really doesnt do stuff like that. they do things based on their own stuff

• 3 weeks later...

I got my Thor Destroyer bust yesterday and i have to say that it is very cool and much heavier than i was expecting. I had put him on my shelf but put him back int he box for now, not sure if the shelf can handle the weight.

yeah i saw that bust its real nice

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

This makes me laugh,bowen better than diamond??? Yeah right!! I have quite a few busts/statues and only 2 are bowen,only because i did not like the diamond version of these 2 characters.Bowen Isn't in the same league as diamond,diamond leaves bowen in the dust. Bowen busts are 2 small. Its really 2 bad they chose not to renew the license. Because of this my bust/statue collecting has come to an end.I rather stop than buy bowen.I don't wan't to waste money.

im sorry but you are in small crowd of people that think that bowen isnt a good line.....Hey guess who just got renewed for another 2 years....bowen.

im sorry but you are in small crowd of people that think that bowen isnt a good line.....Hey guess who just got renewed for another 2 years....bowen.

Thats why i said i'm stopping.Theres a few more diamond busts that have been out for a while i want too try and find but as far as new stuff goes thats it. Its just not worth it with bowen.They will be saving me alot of money!

#hang@ its time for a bowen hanging!!!

bowen bust are far superior then daimond...just look at the weight between each of their busts. the bowens have actual weight to them and arent light and flimsy like the daimond ones

trust me bowen isnt goign anywhere and will be making busts/statues for a long time.

bowen bust are far superior then daimond...just look at the weight between each of their busts. the bowens have actual weight to them and arent light and flimsy like the daimond ones

trust me bowen isnt goign anywhere and will be making busts/statues for a long time.

Your discription actually details bowen busts as far as im concerned,light and flimsy,that describes bowen to a tee! The'll be making busts and statues till marvel wakes up and realizes that there puting crap on the market.

Diamond got out at there height.They had nothing left too prove,take the sinister six statue set for exemple,it will never be toped period. Marvel got too greddy about licensing fees so diamond decided to move on, rather than pass the licensing fee raise on to the customers in the form of higher prices. Its too bad but at the same time that shows respect for the customers!