25th Anniversary Mystery Figure

Whitewolf

Anyone who scored a Cobra Legions 5-pack...and actually opened it may have noticed the nifty painting of the...well...legions of Cobra troops comprising the backdrop of the packaging's interior. It's a who's-who of vintage 80s Cobra, with even Destro, the Baroness, the Crimson Twins and Major Bludd* in the mix. But one character caught my attention because I don't recognize who it is. In among the blueshirts is an unmasked character with short brown hair. At first glance, it appears to be female, based on the shape of the face.

Considering that every single character in this painting is already on the "To Be Released" list, is this mystery character also going to see the light of day in the 25th line, I wonder?

Can anyone identify who the heck this person is?

CobraGroupPhoto.jpg

*Incidentally, from what I can see of Major Bludd in this painting, it seems that Zartan is indeed based on Bludd's body design, NOT the other way around as so many of us have thought...but who knows...

I second on Billy

Billy, eh?

So this poses the inevitable question, are we getting a "Billy" figure from Hasbro sometime in the near future, possibly?

Every other character in the painting has had a figure made already, or is getting one soon. I'm basing my question on that only...

It looks like a cobra boy scout to me...

Billy.

Yes on both accounts. Looks like Billy in the issue with the bouquet of flowers with the pistol hidden inside and Destro stops him... because he recognizes the boy. He was wearing a Boy Scout/Cobra - esque outfit. And this was long before the explosion that lead to the prosthetic leg and eye patch.

billy when bludd and baroness sent him to kill CC in the marvel comics

Man,he's pretty tall in that painting. If I remember right,Billy wasn't really that tall when he tried shooting his father. I know I'm nitpicking here but I'm trying to figure out why they have him in with a bunch of Cobra Troopers. I thought he was in with a bunch of other kids from the Cobra Youth Brigade?

Billy.

Yes on both accounts. Looks like Billy in the issue with the bouquet of floors with the pistol hidden inside and Destro stops him... because he recognizes the boy. He was wearing a Boy Scout/Cobra - esque outfit. And this was long before the explosion that lead to the prosthetic leg and eye patch.

This is something that's always bugged me. How did Cobra Commander not recognize his own son, nor the Baroness, who recruited the scamp for the assassination? (As I recall, she was surprised at who the boy was.) Billy might have been too traumatized by his dad's growing lust for power and neglect of him to blot out that the man behind the mask was his dad, but.. well, OK, the whole neglect theme. Still, Destro must have had some pretty complete dossiers on his client (Cobra Commander), that would need to include, "Relatives: son, Billy. Ran away at age __, presumed to remain in Springfield, based on Springfield juvenile arrest records. Picture at time of disappearance: .., At last police booking: ..."

Man,he's pretty tall in that painting. If I remember right,Billy wasn't really that tall when he tried shooting his father. I know I'm nitpicking here but I'm trying to figure out why they have him in with a bunch of Cobra Troopers. I thought he was in with a bunch of other kids from the Cobra Youth Brigade?

I'm pretty sure the artist can just say he's standing on an Arbco crate or something.. besides.. can you imagine us guessing who it was if all we saw was the top of his head?

*Incidentally, from what I can see of Major Bludd in this painting, it seems that Zartan is indeed based on Bludd's body design, NOT the other way around as so many of us have thought...but who knows...

I'm not sure how you can come to that conclusion, especially when you consider Zartan was released nearly 6 months before Major Bludd. I think it is much more logical that the team knew they were going to make Bludd out of Zartan and had him painted as such, not the other way around. seems for less likely that they designed Bludd and then decided to produce Zartan 6 months before hand using Bludd's design.

I'm not sure how you can come to that conclusion, especially when you consider Zartan was released nearly 6 months before Major Bludd. I think it is much more logical that the team knew they were going to make Bludd out of Zartan and had him painted as such, not the other way around. seems for less likely that they designed Bludd and then decided to produce Zartan 6 months before hand using Bludd's design.

GSCBR I SEE WHAT HE IS TALKIN ABOUT. ALL OF WHAT WE ARE SEEIN RIGHT NOW HAS BEEN IN THE MAKIN FOR OVER A YEAR, IN FACT HASBRO MAY EVEN HAVE DESIGNS FOR WHAT'S COMIN IN 2009. I'M EVEN WILLIN TO BET YA THEY HAVE THE DESIGNS (NOT SCALE) FOR WHAT THE MOVIE FIGURES ARE GOIN TO LOOK LIKE DONE ALREADY! OH HERE'S A GOOD ONE LOOK AT SNOW JOB WHY DOES HE HAVE TO SQUARES ON HIS THIGHS? WILD WEASEL HAS THE SAME BODY WIT A DIFFERENT SKIRT. THE DESIGNERS WERE TOLD (I'M SURE) TO TRY AND MAKE A FIGURE THAT CAN LATER FIT AS ANOTHER OR OTHER CHARACTERS LATER. THEY HAVE USE THE SH!T OUT OF THE STORM SHADOW AND SNAKE EYES MOLD.

I SEE WHERE YOUR COMIN FROM BUT HE ISN'T TO FAR FROM THE TRUTH EITHER.

Billy.

Yes on both accounts. Looks like Billy in the issue with the bouquet of floors with the pistol hidden inside and Destro stops him... because he recognizes the boy. He was wearing a Boy Scout/Cobra - esque outfit. And this was long before the explosion that lead to the prosthetic leg and eye patch.

This is something that's always bugged me. How did Cobra Commander not recognize his own son, nor the Baroness, who recruited the scamp for the assassination? (As I recall, she was surprised at who the boy was.) Billy might have been too traumatized by his dad's growing lust for power and neglect of him to blot out that the man behind the mask was his dad, but.. well, OK, the whole neglect theme. Still, Destro must have had some pretty complete dossiers on his client (Cobra Commander), that would need to include, "Relatives: son, Billy. Ran away at age __, presumed to remain in Springfield, based on Springfield juvenile arrest records. Picture at time of disappearance: .., At last police booking: ..."

Watch your mouth man. You are dissing on Larry Hama's plot elements there! He was perfect. NOTHING was wrong with any of his stories! Larry Hama is a god!

In the original comic, there was a Cobra Rally with all the supporters of Cobra, troops and what not. The Baroness & Maj. Bludd had Billy dress as a "boyscout", because he would be seen only as a kid, not a would be asassin. Billy was about 10 yrs old or so. And that card back is depicting that scene from the comic.

Billy, eh?

So this poses the inevitable question, are we getting a "Billy" figure from Hasbro sometime in the near future, possibly?

Every other character in the painting has had a figure made already, or is getting one soon. I'm basing my question on that only...

Bill finished second in the voting that eventually got us a Doc fig. I think Billy lost by a couple of percent. I asked the gang at JoeCon if we would get a Billy fig, I got the typical response. Sometimes I wonder if those votes are rigged........ @hmmm@

In the original comic, there was a Cobra Rally with all the supporters of Cobra, troops and what not. The Baroness & Maj. Bludd had Billy dress as a "boyscout", because he would be seen only as a kid, not a would be asassin. Billy was about 10 yrs old or so. And that card back is depicting that scene from the comic.

But why would he be dressed as a Boy Scout as so many have said. I could have sworn he was dressed as a member of Cobra Youth Brigade or whatever their youth group is called. I could be wrong. It has been more than ten years since I've read the issue in question.

But why would he be dressed as a Boy Scout as so many have said. I could have sworn he was dressed as a member of Cobra Youth Brigade or whatever their youth group is called. I could be wrong. It has been more than ten years since I've read the issue in question.

Because folks are getting their childhoods confused. :) They remember their time as Cub Scouts (blue uniform) when they were Boys, and attribute the name incorrectly. The Cobra youth brigade is also styled after Hitler's Youth, an evil bad from WWII wherein Hitler mined the Boy Scout imagery for his indoctrination of German kids into the Nazi philosophies.

Cub Scout - blue uniform - ages 6-9.

Boy Scout - khaki uniform - ages 10-16

Cobra Youth Brigade - blue, cub scout styled uniform - ages 10-14?