Larry Hama To Work On G.I.Joe Movie

JayC

oh yeah??? well that is about the first intelligent thing they have done with this flick..

and check this out:

Hama didn't need to write it... but he should have been a consultant... thats just how you make a good movie.. you go to somebody that knows something about what you are trying to portray.

check any good military film, they all have military consultants.

Hama should have been the GiJoe movie consultant.

and right.. Falcon could have been the screw up.. he is Duke's little brother afterall... haha

no need for Ripcord the goofball

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showt...48001&st=25

@lol@ I am psychic.. or I have Jedi mind control.. haven't figured it out yet

That eases my mind a bit, glad they're including Hama. I wonder if he'll get to pull a Stan Lee and make an appearance as Tunnel Rat or something? ^_^

Creative consultants don't necessarily have a large impact on a film--in reality, their contributions tend to just tweak the "window-dressing" and minor details. The reason for this is the story, once settled on, is pretty much set in stone ( and tone) so all a guy like Hama can contribute is nuances to said story.

He's NOT going to have any kind of final say in things, and he's certainly NOT going to fix casting choices with characters and such. The attitude towards such consultants is a "we'll take it under advisement" kind of thing.

His input might be the thing that keeps Clutch from chewing bubblegum instead of Breaker.

Creative consultants don't necessarily have a large impact on a film--in reality, their contributions tend to just tweak the "window-dressing" and minor details. The reason for this is the story, once settled on, is pretty much set in stone ( and tone) so all a guy like Hama can contribute is nuances to said story.

He's NOT going to have any kind of final say in things, and he's certainly NOT going to fix casting choices with characters and such. The attitude towards such consultants is a "we'll take it under advisement" kind of thing.

His input might be the thing that keeps Clutch from chewing bubblegum instead of Breaker.

That is fine by me - those little details add up and can really make the movie something special for the fans.