DCD Armory...Flamebird, Nightwing, etc..

ElizabethxLockhart

Did anyone get these yet? Just saw them on ebay, and they actually look good! i'm not much into armory but i really want flamebird and nightwing!

HELL YEAH!!! just got them, & when I say I just got'em, I mean just that! I'm sitting here in the food court of the Hamilton Mall in Mayslanding NJ. I've loged on useing my handy dandy Trëo 700p.

Hall of Heros is the store that had them. that's right I said HAD. Right after I picked mine up, a scalper came & let's just say "had his evil way" with the rest. Only reason I was able to get my hands on any was 1st I spend a sh*t load in this dudes store. & 2nd, I've been begging for them & checking in to see if they were there for like a whole month. My LCS guy promised to "look me out" when they came in.

Ok let's see. 1st BATMAN IS THE SH*T!!! This encarnation of bats is by far one of DC's best! Paint, & articulation is SUPERB! The Aquaman is a lil older than I was expecting but still cool (side note: make sure the paint is good on your Aquaman. On some the gold paint gets a lil messy here & there, but no ware near as bad as DCU Red Tornado).

Nightwing makes a cool side kick "so-to-speak". I'm MSIB so when I go to hang mine on the wall, Nightwing will mos def flank the Dark Knight. & YES! Flamebird is even more beautiful than I was expecting.

Hall of Heros has a realy good price of only $13.99 For me that not too bad. Can't wait to get these lil beauties home & add them to my collection.

Good hunting DC fans!

uh after reading that does anyone else feel like it was a comerical?

nightwing isnt nightwing from batman. this nightwing is supergirl from the one year later story. flamebird is powergirl. both were heroes/vigilanties on kandor.

uh after reading that does anyone else feel like it was a comerical?

nightwing isnt nightwing from batman. this nightwing is supergirl from the one year later story. flamebird is powergirl. both were heroes/vigilanties on kandor.

Well excuse the hell ot of me for trying to be informative! Just thought the people in the south Jersey area might like to know where they can go to score, rather than forking out the customary $16-$18 per figure.

& YES I CAN READ! I know that's Supergirl & Powergirl in that armor. that's why I used the term "so-to-speak" when refering to Nightwing as Bats "sidekick".

well that all the time I can spare on reading comperhention. CIA BELLA!

I got Batman, Nightwing & Flamebird today from my LCBS. I have no interest in Aquaman so I left him out. Batman looks great in this version. I will post pics tomorrow.

yeah, like I said Aquaman's design is a lil if'y. but I'm way to much of an OCD collector to just leave one behind. I wish I had your self control.

I got Batman, Nightwing & Flamebird today from my LCBS. I have no interest in Aquaman so I left him out. Batman looks great in this version. I will post pics tomorrow.

yeah, like I said Aquaman's design is a lil if'y. but I'm way to much of an OCD collector to just leave one behind. I wish I had your self control.

Yeah that aquaman DOES look really uninteresting, unless i stick him in the fish tank...? ha! but i finally got the other 3 and WOW these are great! Love the packaging and the spare heads, not sure which ones to keep on them first. it's a very well done set! B)

Thanks for sharing pics darkspyce.

I suddenly have this questions in my mind. Does Nightwing's "upper body" match the size of the IC Powergirl? Or the "power twins" shrinked? :P

I bought them all, but I gotta say, this line was not very interesting to me. It seems too soon after the armored version of Superman and Aquaman that came out with the Justice line. While the Nightwing and Flamebird versions are the most interesting (because of the extra heads), I don't know how I feel about Batman and Aquaman. Now that I know that the Aquaman armor is from Our World's at War, I'm slightly more interested. At least he actually wore that armor at some point.

There are other characters that have worn armor (or variant costumes) that I'd like to see DC Direct make, so I bought these. There have been various versions of Wonder Woman's costume that I'd like to see (or maybe Hippolyta). Any other characters anyone else would like to see in armor?

Great pics! I was just about to ask if someone could post a comparision with I.C Powergirl, haha B)

Haven't opened my figs yet...not sure if I want to..but it's tempting. are the wings removable? just wondering

Yes, they're removable and easy to put and remove.

Thanks for sharing pics darkspyce.

I suddenly have this questions in my mind. Does Nightwing's "upper body" match the size of the IC Powergirl? Or the "power twins" shrinked? :P

I immediately compared it and sadly it shrinked.. maybe the armor did it. lolz..

Overall, I really dig them. Preferred to use the alternate heads though, so I could display them with the Superman family.