Indie Spotlight pre-toy fair pics

Shocker Toys

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Alvatron, no one is here to spite you. Let it go, you're whining quite too substantially. But... in spite of Shocker Toys' success, directly, I'd really enjoy seeing these figures in aisles, so let them sculpt in peace Alvy.

O yeah, the shoulder, elbow, and knee joints are thin for maximum poseability, which I don't particularly mind, but stability and sturdiness are also factors.

I hope you can get these out this spring Shocker; I'll be buying them. Plus I'll be supporting a WNY toy company #US1#

Any chance you'll pursue some licenses now that LCBH is done? I'd like a Grendel and Badrock, or did they also go to Hasbro?

We are moving on getting this line out before SDCC its being tooled with all our new products to save space. As far as lost LCBH properties some we will not be working with as they jumped ship instead of sticking to the contracts. I doubt any will goto Hasbro as they would not be interested in an independent line to compete with their Marvel line.

thanks for the info Shocker. Hopefully I can find these at regular stores or can order a few without killing my pockets. Shadowhawk looks like a winner. My question is: is that Shadowhawk based on the original Paul Johnstone version or the current character?

I have a question. If a comany like Toy Biz could not make a line like this work, how will Shocker Toys be able to succeed where they failed? I don't doubt the dertermination of Shocker, but it seems Toy Biz was a larger company with more resources and more in-roads in the industry and they could not substain their Indie line.

Not that i have any inside info but my guess is becuase they are directly this line to collectors. My guess is they will be sold in comic shops and online and not in walmart / TRU so expectations of sales have to be different.

So series 1 in early summer? How many series will be released each year?

We will try and get Series 2 out and maybe 3 before end of the year 2008. I would like to do 4 series a year as new comic come and go within 4 year periods.

I have a question. If a comany like Toy Biz could not make a line like this work, how will Shocker Toys be able to succeed where they failed?

If you have read Mr. Falcon's statement from Marvel Toys he says that the line sold well but it was Marvel who pulled the plug to do other things with their own characters. Just like Diamond Select is said to not be part of Diamond Comics they are as Marvel Toys was part of Marvel Comics. And as evenflow suggested yes we will not be limiting this line to Walmart only but allowing all stores to carry it making it last longer and more available to the public. We willalso be doing a special online purchase of MOC collectors.

Did Sam Kieth seel the rights to the Maxx to MTV, because I noticed it's referred to as MTV's The Maxx and not Sam Kieth's The Maxx?

Sam Kieth's Maxx is appearing in the War of the Independents comics which really shocked me. MTV holds the Merch rights to The Maxx. I hope this has sparked Sam into breathing new life into The Maxx like SCUD and Rob Schrab.

• 2 weeks later...
So series 1 in early summer? How many series will be released each year? As far as plans go.....

Judging by Shocker's previous shipping schedule, the first series is scheduled for Summer, which means it will ship sometime in 2011.

look for additional waves every 6 to 8 years, and every fifth of never.

• 2 weeks later...
NYCC Exclusive SCUD

Here is the info on their exclusive. They also mentioned over at fwoosh that each wave will have a mailaway promtoion. Everything sounds really awesome.

Yes the mail in offer will be key in getting more figures per wave and not crowding pegs.

Juts a reminder the NYCC SCUD exclusive figurine limited to 400pcs is almost at its pre-order cut off. If you are attending NYCC you can add one on hold or if you are not attending NYCC you can order one to ship on April 21st.

Visit the store to do so http://www.shockertoys.com/store.php There is a limited amount left and if you are in Canada please email us before purchasing SCUD for mail out.

Also Series2 will be on hand at NYCC The Tick, Jack Staff, Ignacia, Dick Tracy and King Zombie.

NYCC Exclusive SCUD

Here is the info on their exclusive. They also mentioned over at fwoosh that each wave will have a mailaway promtoion. Everything sounds really awesome.

Yes the mail in offer will be key in getting more figures per wave and not crowding pegs.

Juts a reminder the NYCC SCUD exclusive figurine limited to 400pcs is almost at its pre-order cut off. If you are attending NYCC you can add one on hold or if you are not attending NYCC you can order one to ship on April 21st.

Visit the store to do so http://www.shockertoys.com/store.php There is a limited amount left and if you are in Canada please email us before purchasing SCUD for mail out.

Also Series2 will be on hand at NYCC The Tick, Jack Staff, Ignacia, Dick Tracy and King Zombie.

The NYCC exlusive, is it the articulated figure or more of a statue? And what would it cost to get one of those up to canada?

It's just a statue of the figure, not the actual figure itself.

And this proves again that the wording of the press release is misleading (or at the very least very unclear) as to what the product is supposed to be. There was a discussion on another site about the fact that you couldn't tell very well from the press release that it's only a statue. Shocker got rather defensive & pretty much refused to acknowledge that there could be any confusion. However, you just proved that there is confusion.

The NYCC exlusive, is it the articulated figure or more of a statue? And what would it cost to get one of those up to canada?

This is the 7" plastic pre-posed figurine made from the ariculated testshot. If you would like to get it in Canada please email us info [@] shockertoys [.] com for info on how to do that.

Again JC sorry customers are confused but we have changed the site to say statue and pre-posed figurine and yelled at anyone who added the word action into the PR where it did not belong. The action figures are coming and this is for Schrab fans to get something signed by him. We are also here on all the sites posted to clear it up not many companies make sure to stay close to the fans.

Also Indie Spotlight (action figures) will be available in Toys R Us and through Diamond at your local LCSs. If anyone is at NYCC drop by to find out some other announcments or chat about the line here.