CGI G1 Prime vs Megatron

Wheeljack35

wow...that was awesome!!

i still say that the producer's reason for not using the g1 designs more closely is always shot to crap when i see even a half way decent cgi rendering of g1 bots and this proves it.

i still like the movie but seeing this makes me giddy like a kid again

This was f-ing AWESOME!

Watching that brought a smile to my face. It's been a long time since something TF related made me smile.

Now Hasbro, we need more! MOREEE!

While this was awesome, I still prefer the realism of the movie bots to this, at least in a live action medium. This would work well in a cartoon, but well..live action requires less mass-shifting (I realize there was still some in the new film; it'd be nigh-impossible to make one completely devoid of it) and the movie bots simply move more fluidly then big, blocky, cartoonish bots. If anything this vid proves why such a visual style for a live action movie wouldn't work.

that was great...loved it

While this was awesome, I still prefer the realism of the movie bots to this, at least in a live action medium. This would work well in a cartoon, but well..live action requires less mass-shifting (I realize there was still some in the new film; it'd be nigh-impossible to make one completely devoid of it) and the movie bots simply move more fluidly then big, blocky, cartoonish bots. If anything this vid proves why such a visual style for a live action movie wouldn't work.

When they chose to make that scene under the bridge in the movie...

Why were they using it as a jungle gym? Are the movie TFs monkeys?

Yet the Allspark(I call it the Decepticon Matrix) can mass shift? Not to mention it was just a giant BLOCK!

There are plenty of examples of fanmade CGI's with "blocky" robots that were fantastic.

I would have gone to the theatre for this! @smilepunch@

I can't see Bay telling us that big blocky robots don't work anymore. This was done by some in-house Hasbro guy, or someone they contracted out to who doesn't do this full time (it's a little rough in spots but overall fantastic) and it's totally believable. Throw in Kup and Hot Rod and the rest and I'll take the movie re-animated thank you. THAT would be Transformers thee movie. Dang it Hasbro for making me want to see another 90 minutes of Transformer goodness again! I gotta see that again.

You a comparing apples to oranges Destro. You are comparing a fan made CGI to something that has a Hollywood Budget. If anything this has proved the opposite. Block bots would not only work, but would have much more character.

You a comparing apples to oranges Destro. You are comparing a fan made CGI to something that has a Hollywood Budget. If anything this has proved the opposite. Block bots would not only work, but would have much more character.

This was fan made? I didn't catch any names w/ this one; I thought it was from hasbro.

I don't understand how blocky bots have more "character". In that case, I particularly look at facial expression, which these bots have in minimal quantities. Movie bumblebee, w/o words even, was able to display more emotion than would be possible w/ these bots; their facial expressions are too static.

Not to mention physics, these bots simply aren't realistic enough to be believeable in a live-action setting.

This was fan made? I didn't catch any names w/ this one; I thought it was from hasbro.

I don't understand how blocky bots have more "character". In that case, I particularly look at facial expression, which these bots have in minimal quantities. Movie bumblebee, w/o words even, was able to display more emotion than would be possible w/ these bots; their facial expressions are too static.

Not to mention physics, these bots simply aren't realistic enough to be believeable in a live-action setting.

I was under the assumtion it was fan made from another board. Regardless if it was fan made or Hasbro made the Lack of any real budget still comes into play.

The "blocky bots" have more character because they did not have to alter the feel of the robot/altmode personas. You can not look at one of the movie Johny-5s and say,"hey that turns into a truck. I would bet $50.00 that if you took a picture of movie Prime next to G1 Prime the average person would point to G1 Prime and say," Hey! thats Optimus Prime."