Just finished watching The New Frontier DVD

RedBeans

Everything hits the net shortly before hitting retail....not legally of course, though. Thanks for the heads up, i'll be watchin it tomorrow night.

How did it live up to the original story?

Obviously its hard to cram 6 issues into one 75 minute movie, but if you take it at face value you will enjoy it...the animation and voice acting is top notch. PG-13 was appropiate and Green Lantern is a badass in this. I'll say this, if you didnt read the comics, it would be kinda hard to understand what they are fighting.

that's a good question Cloud. just how old is this comic? when ever I look for it at my LCS they never have it.

If you haven't read it yet, I'd recommend watching it first then going back and reading it....as always the book is much better than the movie.

I have not read the comics but I found it enjoyable to say the least! My only problem is that I felt it relyed on a lot of past history in both comics or toons of knowing who people were like they didn't really give too much background on anyone or anything really that was going on. Still though if you know or not who everyone is you would know the main guys like sups & bats if anything! Action is well worth watching it for alone :)

& yes the rating on this one is much better for apg13 unlike the doomsday one! Yikes! bambie & like 10 guys get killed alone in the first 5 min half of em by neck snapping :D This one you're Kids COULD watch! Maybe a bit too violent for the young ones but I'd say around 7-10 or up could though they could still get scared during a lot of parts

I just came out of Borders & they had this ultra deluxe JL New Frontier hard cover edt. w/a hard cover insert sleeve. its looked damn good! only problem is they want like $75.00 for it!!!

Dude, I'm like that DC Direct figure money. Man who am I kidding, I'm total push over for this kind of stuff! I'm gonna end up caveing & just buy the damn thing. I got a Borders card so I think I'm good for a discount.............i think.

thinking about it the pg13 may be a lil off... there is a lot of violence in this movie and I think even a few deaths and some blood as well... Theres this one part with wonder woman which is pretty cool but it has a lot of blood in it :S Kids under 10 will get scared while watching this one I am sure :D

thinking about it the pg13 may be a lil off... there is a lot of violence in this movie and I think even a few deaths and some blood as well... Theres this one part with wonder woman which is pretty cool but it has a lot of blood in it :S Kids under 10 will get scared while watching this one I am sure :D

did I understand you correct to say that there's tons of blood, death, violance, & mayhem & that small children will turn away in fear?

DEAR GOD I MUST HAVE THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG JOY-GAZIUM skeet skeet skeet.

Is it better than Ultimate Avengers and Dr. Strange? I hope so.

Depends on you're views... I personally I have LOVEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD all of the marvel animtated movies thus far though I thought dr strange needed a lil help deciding on if he was ultimate or regular it was still pretty damned entertaining to watch!! :P As was this one!

did I understand you correct to say that there's tons of blood, death, violance, & mayhem & that small children will turn away in fear?

DEAR GOD I MUST HAVE THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG JOY-GAZIUM skeet skeet skeet.

Tons of violence yes, blood I'd say yes, a death or two yes tons no ... kids scared... most likely for some parts depending on age :P as violent as the doomsday pg13 rating is a freaking JOKE rating no... One thing that throws me off about these movies is they always seem to be set in the WW type era so they all seem a lil funky kind of neat though at the same time :D I think perhaps what we need is another NF dvd to come out or two explaining all the events leading up to this one for those of us who have not read the comic :P Ah who am I kidding I just want to see more dcA movies like this! Maybe they can do a GL one next hmm?.. How sweet would that be?

synch I totaly agree with what you said about how everthing looks like its from the WW era. This seems to be a reacurring theam for DC. They've been doing it ever sence the 1st Batman animated series.

Its like they animate it in the stylings of Norman Rockwell or something similar. I think this is done because in the 40ies & 50ies the Mob could do there thing almost out in the open because they had every one in their hip pocket. We see this being demonstrated in Batman Beguins when a young Bruse confronts the judge that had his parents killer killed on behest of the Mob boss of Gothem.

Things don't realy work like that any more. Today its all about white collar crime. & let's be honest, all that paper pushing, emailing, & secreat dinners would bore the hell out of any one watching. So they just give the flick a "throw back feel" to it by giving it a "40ies gangster feel".

Well I said I was gonna do it & I did it! I caved & bought an Absolute JLU New Frontier. Also I bought an Absolute Kingdom Come.

1st I must say that the Kingdom Come was..............................dear God, words can't beguin to discribe how awsome it is!!! I burned through it in a matter of hours.

So tonight I'm gonna tackle New Frontier. I haven't opend it at all yet. It still has the plastic wrap on it, but I'm hopeing the art work is as breath teaking as Kingdom Come.

Oh yeah BTW. Does any one know when the 3rd wave of New Frontier DCD figs are due to hit the shelves??? I'm realy hopeing they give us pleanty of bad guys to balance out the 9 good guys I have. I'm gonna ask Jase my self, but if you guys run in to him 1st, see if you can get any details out of him.

Saw this last Wednesday and was really impressed with it. Lot more violence than I was expecting, but brilliant nonetheless.

After doomsday I was expecting a lot more on this one my self :D :D they killed bambie in the first 5 min & I still can't get over it HEH!!!