Possible wave 9 and 10 line up?

Chaiser83

Perhaps folks will find this post at JoeSightings helpful... it was written by "Slicer-X" who's the one who has provided the (so far) 100% accurate Wal-Mart lists over the past couple of months:

http://www.joesightings.com/forums/index.p...20&start=20

Interesting lists. I'm pretty sure they are fake. Justin brought up many good reasons to believe they are fake. Here is one more. The codes I've been putting up are the UPCs(barcodes) on the product. These ones can't be accurate, they are too long. UPCs are made up of 12 digits. However in the Wal-Mart computer system, you usually only need 10 and on some occasions 11.

Wave 4 Roadblocks UPC is 6 5356930413 5

Now in Wm's sytem it will usually only read the middle 10 numbers. However in this instance the first number is a 6. If the first number is a 0, it is ignored. If it is any other number it is necessary for the system to process it. If you typed in 5356930413, you would get an error message. Now since the first number is a 6 you add it to 5356930413 and you get GIJ 25th Roadblock. The 12th number is ALWAYS ignored. If its added you will get an error message. Every Hasbro product currently available has the 6 digit prefix 653569 followed by a 5 digit product code. I hope this helps everyone understand the science of UPCs.

This basically means on this rumor list the UPC for Zap is 65356939127. The UPC for Cover Girl is 65356939127, etc. etc. So in essence this rumor list has 10 basic figures with the exact same UPC. That won't happen EVER.

Some very interesting tidbits there... so we have questionable characters, a "mysterious" source, the figure breakdown per wave is wrong, and now we know the UPC numbers are flat out incorrect. Anyone still convinced this list is real?

Justin

Thank you for clearing that up, but just to clearify a few things, i did not say that this was a accurate list, its just what info that was told to me and i put it on here to get your opionions and hopefully the facts. here is how i found out i called my aunt for chrismas, shes known all my life ive loved gijoe she said they have new toys in stores and if i wanted any of them she named the ninja and a guy with a funny green face"zartan" i told her i didnt need them. i asked her if she heard anything from some of the people she flys with and if she could possibly find out who the new figures would be. we were very close when i was little cause shes my dadas sister and i had no mother from a very eary age and she was there until she moved to cali when i was 16. i got a call about a week ago and she gave me the info in witch, some of it was unclear like she said serpent and i figured it was serpentor, i do not lie, i believe it will not acomplish anything in life by doing so. i thank u for looking for the PCs, but im kind of setback from the people who were calling it a Fans "wet Dream" or that it was all a lie. im a gijoe fan to the soul and the biggest in florida. i want to see EVERY gijoe character made into 25th even some like a bio viper lol. the fact is i found out some possible news about the new waves and wanted to share it with my fellow fans,i thank u to the people who looked for the info and dug deep and found out if it was accurate or not, and for the people who called it flat out "fake" or a "wet dream" without even considering the possibility that it could have some facts to it....well its disheartning. so lets hope eventually we will see these characters one day.

I am with you the whole way Chaiser, however...........

I AM THE BIGGEST JOE FAN IN FLORIDA!!!

lol

@smilepunch@

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps folks will find this post at JoeSightings helpful... it was written by "Slicer-X" who's the one who has provided the (so far) 100% accurate Wal-Mart lists over the past couple of months:

http://www.joesightings.com/forums/index.p...20&start=20

Interesting lists. I'm pretty sure they are fake. Justin brought up many good reasons to believe they are fake. Here is one more. The codes I've been putting up are the UPCs(barcodes) on the product. These ones can't be accurate, they are too long. UPCs are made up of 12 digits. However in the Wal-Mart computer system, you usually only need 10 and on some occasions 11.

Wave 4 Roadblocks UPC is 6 5356930413 5

Now in Wm's sytem it will usually only read the middle 10 numbers. However in this instance the first number is a 6. If the first number is a 0, it is ignored. If it is any other number it is necessary for the system to process it. If you typed in 5356930413, you would get an error message. Now since the first number is a 6 you add it to 5356930413 and you get GIJ 25th Roadblock. The 12th number is ALWAYS ignored. If its added you will get an error message. Every Hasbro product currently available has the 6 digit prefix 653569 followed by a 5 digit product code. I hope this helps everyone understand the science of UPCs.

This basically means on this rumor list the UPC for Zap is 65356939127. The UPC for Cover Girl is 65356939127, etc. etc. So in essence this rumor list has 10 basic figures with the exact same UPC. That won't happen EVER.

Some very interesting tidbits there... so we have questionable characters, a "mysterious" source, the figure breakdown per wave is wrong, and now we know the UPC numbers are flat out incorrect. Anyone still convinced this list is real?

Justin

Thank you for clearing that up, but just to clearify a few things, i did not say that this was a accurate list, its just what info that was told to me and i put it on here to get your opionions and hopefully the facts. here is how i found out i called my aunt for chrismas, shes known all my life ive loved gijoe she said they have new toys in stores and if i wanted any of them she named the ninja and a guy with a funny green face"zartan" i told her i didnt need them. i asked her if she heard anything from some of the people she flys with and if she could possibly find out who the new figures would be. we were very close when i was little cause shes my dadas sister and i had no mother from a very eary age and she was there until she moved to cali when i was 16. i got a call about a week ago and she gave me the info in witch, some of it was unclear like she said serpent and i figured it was serpentor, i do not lie, i believe it will not acomplish anything in life by doing so. i thank u for looking for the PCs, but im kind of setback from the people who were calling it a Fans "wet Dream" or that it was all a lie. im a gijoe fan to the soul and the biggest in florida. i want to see EVERY gijoe character made into 25th even some like a bio viper lol. the fact is i found out some possible news about the new waves and wanted to share it with my fellow fans,i thank u to the people who looked for the info and dug deep and found out if it was accurate or not, and for the people who called it flat out "fake" or a "wet dream" without even considering the possibility that it could have some facts to it....well its disheartning. so lets hope eventually we will see these characters one day.

I am with you the whole way Chaiser, however...........

I AM THE BIGGEST JOE FAN IN FLORIDA!!!

lol

@smilepunch@

lol... them fighting words...!!!really? what part of florida? id like to meet fellow joesfans close to home...

I'm with ya too man. Speculation doesn't bother me. If someone claims to have exclusive info, I say great. It makes for great reading and it gets some great discussions going. I can understand where there might be those out there that want to be known as the insider that has privileged or revelatory information, but there are many more like you Chaiser that I believe are genuine and just want to share exciting possible info. The rumors and speculation are to me what makes the excitement over new toys even better.

Having said that, I don't necessarily think anyone was making a stab at you personally Chaiser. Sometimes you've gotta take what some of these guys say with a grain of salt. Trust me...

thanx,

i believe it wasnt directed at me as well, this whole forum thing is completly new to me. ive always wanted to find a joe fan forum and some of the ones i go around and read are pretty bad, people calling each other names and fighting about stupid stuff. then i found this one and its got a really great bunch of guys on here that i like, hell they even talk about marrage and other personal stuff. i like that, people all over coming together to talk about one thing in there stressfull lives that make them at ease. and by the way im ordering 3 extra DOCs if any one wants to trade? and ive got about 400 hundred old/new flag/battle points if anyone needs some to get extra figs, im not sure what to trade those for but maybe someone else does.