Major Bludd...

Dreadnok619

So I know alot of us joe fanatics aren't to happy with the whole idea of Hasbro using the Zartan mold for the majority(no pun intended) of Major Bludd. As much as we'll all #$#@# and moan you know we'll all buy him when he comes out. My only thought is that if Hasbro was going to reuse any mold it should have been the Cobra trooper mold. Its closer to his actual uniform in the comics and cartoon and in my opinion would have been much better. They could have just added the new head, right arm, dog tags to that mold, and made the chest armor piece seperate. I'm sure that we'll see customs of that same exact combo.

This was the Formula I posted in the Wave 8 thread for a better Major Bludd:

Chest/Lower Torso: Like many have said...the Hiss Driver works best. Looking at my Vintage Bludd figure it's almost a perfect likness, only missing the small grooves in the chest.

Legs: Comic Pack Red Star. This is so close that it should be a crime to NOT use them. Only the pocket on the front of the right leg is out of place. The Boots are exactly the same.

Right arm: Existing one already being used.

Left Arm: Cobra Trooper. Some small ribbing is missing from the lower sleeve and glove, but it'll be closer then what they are using now.

Head: New.

Helmet/Gun/Backpack/Dogtags: Ones already being used.

It isn't really cheapness that is at work here cause they have plenty of more appropriate parts they could use, this is just lazy. That or they created that "New and Improved" Zaratan and think they just have to use that mold again for someone else... appropriate for the character or not. What makes me angry is how much effort and remolding they put into yet another Snake Eyes only to just phone in a brand new character like Major Bludd.

Didn't get to read that thread, but those parts would make a good body for him too. My whole point to this thread is that they could have chosen better molds to make him up than the Zartan one. It seems to me the main reason their using it is because of the already exsisting brown color of the mold and the fact the upper torso is armor plated. Your right when you say its just plain lazy.

or, they could just release a 25th version of Tripwire, and borrow HIS torso piece.

they're just not planning this stuff out well.

I'd rather wait until they can do Major Bludd RIGHT, than to settle for this, just to have him, y'know?

and I don't say that about many lines, especially lines that do a lot of reuse, but that's the way I feel.