G.I.Joe 25th Anniversary Senior Ranking Sets Coming To TRU

umanumanamo

http://gijoeclub.com/2008tru-sets.cfm

My thoughts...

Senior Officers 1: Grunt, Duke, Hawk: - Cool, we get a Grunt figure. But another Duke? The same from wave 7, minus the jet pack? And then there's Hawk. I like the uniform.

Senior Officers 2: Cobra Commander, CG Officer, CG: - The red CC looks interesting, but I still would rather see a black, hooded CC than this strange shade of red. The CG officer seems pointless to me. Tomax and Xamot are the superiors of the CGs, right?

Senior Officers 3: Cobra Commander, Cobra Officer, Cobra Trooper: Blue helmeted CC, again! AGAIN!?! Total miss on this one.

If I pick up any of these, it'll be the one with Grunt and Hawk. And that's only a maybe... I wonder what Grunt's head would look like on that Hawk's body.

How is Grunt a "Senior Ranking Officer"? With that said I'm glad we are getting a Grunt but I'm still not liking that Duke figure. Not sure what to think about that Hawk. To me it looks like yet another chapter in the confusion that is the "Is that Duke or Hawk?" saga. I think I prefer the one from the comic pack.

Can't say I like the crimson set. Not liking the Crimson Guard Officer's colors. besides, IMO all Seigies are officers anyway. As for the other Cobra set . . . . looks like they were going for cartoon colors with that Officer and Trooper (white straps). Nothing special about the blue Cobra Commander though i do like that he doesn't have those damn red stripes around his gloves. At this rate I am going to have to get 3 Cobra Commander figures and frankenstein them together until I get the definitive version I want.

I just want the Grunt and maybe the Blue Shirts.

I like the Crimson officers pack. It looks pretty cool. AndI like the colors used on CC. And I may grab the Hawk Duke and Grunt set. I like how Grunt looks. Duke looks ok. And Hawk looks really good.

I don't know about theses, I only care about Grunt from the sets.

These sets have been floating around in our computer system at work since October, but had very little information on them beyond the POS price point...that is, until this past week. We knew that these were going to be 3-packs, but had no idea which figures would be included or what "theme" they would have.

And now...I'm just embarrassed that Hasbro has saddled us with these dust-collectors.

Pass, pass, and pass.

While I like the idea of getting Grunt, the listed "Firefly vs Greenshirts" 5-pack at toysrus.com should more than satisfy the need for generic troops. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2945318

I actually like the Duke, but I'd rather get him with the Jetpack and Flag.

I'm more than content with comic Hawk and the supposed upcoming General version. Don't need a third.

Crimson Pack: meh. Not a huge Crimson fan to begin with.

Cobra Pack: Another unnecessary Cobra Commander and a couple cartoon? colored troops. I'd rather stick with the old school troop colors.

there's also a couple other sets on TRU.com

GI Joe Troop Builder Cobra Special Operation(Do you think this might be the Night Watch one?)

GI Joe Troop Builder Cobra Crimson Guard

and of course the SE one:

GI Joe Troop Builder Snake Eye vs. Red Ninja

and the above mentioned 3-packs are for pre-order too:

GI Joe Senior Ranking Crimson Guard Command

GI Joe Senior Ranking Cobra Infantry Command

GI Joe Senior Ranking Command

I'm sure they've been there for awhile, I just didn't know about them.. I ordered a set, but knowing my history with TRU.com they'll cancel my order, and run out.

They look cool to me, another CC, I just do not know what i am going to to do with him lol. As for Duke too. It is a nice package for display purposes. As for the the cobra troopers, cool to me and the crimson pack might be repaints, but cool idea.

meh.. I just don't understand these exclusives that TRU is getting... they are all pretty stupid/

I'll be passing...

and is that the ugliest packaging ever?

Not hating as much today as I was yesterday, but not loving as much as I did the day before. Hasbro's seriously slipping down the terlet here. It's not a matter of repaints. We're gonna be bogged down in repaints no matter what. But what we're seeing now is a glut of repaints of only 5 or 6 toys...

And what's worse, we're not even getting repaints! Duke and the Cartoon CC are coming out in Waves 3 and 4, respectively, then being repacked in these sets with either little or no adjustments. In fact, I'm willing to be this CC is the final version of the mock-up we're seeing attached to Wave 4. And the repaints we are getting? Gold-faced Siegie, with a big black stain on his chest? Red hooded Commander? Hawk as Duke?

As it stands, each pack only includes one purchaseable figure. The Joe pack has Grunt, but if the Firefly/Greenshirts pack has an even remotely similar soldier character, this stubble-faced repaint in the @ass is disposable, forgettable, and pass upable.

The Crimson set is only worth it if I can't get enough basic Siegie from the single card releases. I'll be buying Wave 1 '08 Crimson Guards as I see them, but if this 3-pack costs what the single carded figure does on e-bay (after shipping), it'll be easier to snag a small detail of guards this way. and the "Officer" crapaint can always be customized into a Shadow Guard set.

Lastly, the Cobra troop pack has a better realized Cartoon-based Commander, but as I said above, I have suspicions that this is the finished version of the Wave 4 Mock-up pics. This figure, with the white-striped helmet and the Ruby Crystals is a perfect realization of the Subow Commander design. But for my money, it's the cartoon-colored troops, of which I will buy a dozen, that highlight this pack. My vision of a basic Cobra Army is two 6-man squads of toy-based, comic-based, and toon-based troopers, each squad with a corresponding officer. Hasbro pulled it here, providing me with the last 1/3 of my army. Now I just want to see the Cobra Officer repainted in toy-accurate colors (black mask, black webgear) and I'll be thoroughly satisfied.

Is that the Breaker head they are using for Grunt? I like that Grunt is getting made somewhere. I actaully like that Hawk and Duke. Nice alternatives to their other outfits. They almost look more like dress uniforms.

That Hooded CC reminds me of the one that came with the Coronation pack. This is good to get another CG. I'd rather just have a Battle Corp CG Commander, maybe what they are going for here without using a new sculpt and calling it an officer instead of commander.

The Infantry Command is good for another Trooper and Officer. I just wish they had not been recolored.

I'll get one of each.

Whats wrong with grunts face? was he looking for love in all the wrong places??? looks like ass! but then again all 25th figures look that way to me! ;)

TM

Well, look at what the designers had to choose from:

http://www.myuselessknowledge.com/joe/grunt1.gif (Card Art) or

http://www.myuselessknowledge.com/joe/grunt2.gif (Comic Art) or

http://www.yojoe.com/action/82/82images/2grunt.jpg (v1 figure)

Maybe they went with something more like his v1 Mr. Mackey head, mmkay? :)

So lets see... Crappy heads or heads that don't fit the characters....

Roadblock, Duke, Breaker, Flash, and now Grunt

But... Grunt might make a good Breaker, and Duke with darker hair might make a good Grunt. Maybe a blonde flash head would fit as duke and almost all of our problems would be solved.

that crimson ones the only one im even considering. they really missed the chance to put in a crimson baroness, a 'pre-painted' crimson viper, and maybe that new crimson commander they threw in the current pack, or just another viper