Worst Standing ML Figure ever made?

hellion

Does anybody have a figure that gets on your nerves cause it can't stand? Or It'll stand for a few minutes or hours, then it ends up tipping over?

Mine is Longshot (Something about his knees irritate me)

emma frost (Her boots make it hard to balance, and when she does balance for awhole her plastic cape's weight eventually tips her over)

spider woman (boots, but I get lucky sometimes and she stays up)

My Giant man Thor's legs are so loose he topples because of the weight of his cape.

Now that I think of it he's STILL laying in a heap, ah well.

Colossus. The chest joint on mine i very loose and he often times tips over.

MY three worst stading ML figures are:

Spider-Woman: Her legs are so loose at the hips that it is a chess match just to keep her still.

Juggernaut: One of my favorite Legends, ut if not posed right his big legs start to automatically do a slow split like a chinese gymnast. I have to hold his arm in the down position so that their weight will keep the legs from spreading out.

The Giant BAF Apocalypse: The hips are loose. He goes "timber" al the time.

btw, ARROW, tell me more about this blue-tack, as my figures need it!

well, here's my list...

1. deathlok (all his joints from the waist down are very loose, he can't stand, so, i made him sit/kneel)

2. spider-woman (her ankle joints are so loose, so, i gave her a doopstand. luckily, she's got a peg hole at the back)

3. thor (the first one by toybiz, has very loose joints from the waist down too. he's now leaning at the wall. he can sometimes stand, but when i wanna change my display, it takes he a lot of time to make him stand again.)

4. dr. strange ( he can stand, only at this one certain pose. other than that, he won't stand at all. i think his cape (or whatever you call it) is too heavy for his weak legs.)

5. black panther (he looks so good, but he won't stand, so again, doopstand to the rescue)

i think that's about it..

The only person I've Ever Had troubles with is Storm, hairs to big for her tiny heels to Handle

oh, i've got problems with storm too. and also with taskmaster. how silly i am to forget them...

well, here's my list...

1. deathlok (all his joints from the waist down are very loose, he can't stand, so, i made him sit/kneel)

2. spider-woman (her ankle joints are so loose, so, i gave her a doopstand. luckily, she's got a peg hole at the back)

3. thor (the first one by toybiz, has very loose joints from the waist down too. he's now leaning at the wall. he can sometimes stand, but when i wanna change my display, it takes he a lot of time to make him stand again.)

4. dr. strange ( he can stand, only at this one certain pose. other than that, he won't stand at all. i think his cape (or whatever you call it) is too heavy for his weak legs.)

5. black panther (he looks so good, but he won't stand, so again, doopstand to the rescue)

i think that's about it..

Hahahah. This is funny, cause those are my exact reasons for my figures, your on ponit with deathlok, spiderwoman, and dr strange. I envy you for your doop stands. And "ARROW", please tell me about the blue-tack trick. Please.

For me it was ML 9: Nightcrawler, but that was just because of the pose I wanted him to be in. The ML 5: Colossus Sentinel base helped out with that though. I have all my figures in that IKEA glass display cabinet, they're posed all crazy, Psylocke is doing a cat stand, at least 4 others are using toe joints on one leg to support them in their pose and I live with 5 kids under 10 years of age, they're always running around and I have RARELY had a figure tip over. I guess I'm just lucky. lol.

For me, there's two that...stand out!!!! (Pun intended!!)

1. WalMart Wave Thor: I was really looking forward to this figure. He's a great Silver-Age Thor sculpt. But TOY-BIZ really dropped the ball with the design of his waist joint. It's so loose that the heavy plastic cape pulls him to the left, and he falls down VERY easily. REAL DRAG.

2. Face-Offs 2 Wolverine: His knee joints are looser than Paris Hilton. He simply won't stand.

#US1#

For me, there's two that...stand out!!!! (Pun intended!!)

1. WalMart Wave Thor: I was really looking forward to this figure. He's a great Silver-Age Thor sculpt. But TOY-BIZ really dropped the ball with the design of his waist joint. It's so loose that the heavy plastic cape pulls him to the left, and he falls down VERY easily. REAL DRAG.

2. Face-Offs 2 Wolverine: His knee joints are looser than Paris Hilton. He simply won't stand.

#US1#

How can I meet this Paris Hilton?

The first ML Thor had weak hips, but really........standing is not much of a problem.

I lean the troublesome figures against a wall or use blue-tack on their feet to have them stand free.

Hey ARROW; where do you get that blue-tack from? Home Depot or something like that? :huh:

Blue-tack has a number of names, but its commonly known as "poster putty"--used to hang posters on walls without resorting nails, tacks or tape.

The brand I use is Lepage's FUN-TAK and you can find it in all kinds of places: well-stocked stationary/ art-supply stores, movie poster gallery stores, Walmart/Target/ Micheals etc. should have this stuff, hardware stores.....dollar stores even.

I found mine in a "has-everything" surplus store called Surplus Herbies in Kamloops BC.

Lepage is a very common brand name for glues and epoxies, so any place that sells those kinds of things should have Fun-tak or something similar.

The stuff is naturally tacky, and doesn't leave a residue on anything. You just take a TINY dollop/blob of it, put it under a figure's foot ( or both feet and place on a flat smooth surface.

And it stays put for 90% of the figures.

I don't use very much, so the bright blue glop doesn't peek out from under the foot, and you can pose the figure in crouches and a running poses with relative ease.

There's not enough tack to the stuff to secure a figure to a wall or hanging upside down ( I tried) but it will work on modest slopes/inclines.

For example: I have my ML 8 Iceman with one of his feet on the Sentinel base's thumb, with that foot secured with Fun-tak. Its holding fast since I did that 4 months ago.

I've used it to pose Quicksliver in a semi-running pose and place other figures in free-standing positions all over my shelves.

I've even used it to secure weapons and gear into figures hands.

I swear by this stuff now.

Just a follow-up for those of you considering getting some Fun-tak.

I just tried a full running pose with my Quicksliver and he holds the pose using this stuff.

I use a tiny blob about the size of a grain of rice, apply that to the foot and then gently press him down on the shelf top.

If the figure has a bigger footprint, use a bit more.

The stuff will NOT stain shelves.

One package will last for hundreds of figures, and you can use it for almost any kind of action figure--the lighter in weight they are, the better.

I store mine in a zip-loc sandwich bag in my tool box, to keep it from drying out ( if it does that).

The cost of a package is probably around $3 or less--easily one of the best deals going for what the stuff does.

Seems mine are unique:

Onslaught & ML5 Sabertooth

:mellow:

My Onslaught is notorious for falling. He's never stood for longer than an 30 min.-1hour on his own. His upper torso is too heavy for his legs to support. I have to have him propped up against something in order for him to stand.