Heath Ledger found dead..

Eric

Though the death in of itself is horrible, I also wonder what this will do for Batman? If re-writes will be required there are no writers available due to the strike which would mean it could be delayed significantly.

this reminds me of the Crow all over again...

Brandon died accidentally, Heath died from an overdose.

saying this was equal to that is cheapening the death of anybody who died accidentally.

there are parallels in the fact that they both died young, before release of a "Comic" film in which they wore makeup, but the similarities end there.

this reminds me of the Crow all over again...

Brandon died accidentally, Heath died from an overdose.

saying this was equal to that is cheapening the death of anybody who died accidentally.

there are parallels in the fact that they both died young, before release of a "Comic" film in which they wore makeup, but the similarities end there.

Though I get the point your making, it has not been confirmed that he died from drug overdose. Lets try not make assumptions on something like that till the facts come out.

Well if a rewrite is needed...thats going to suck because of the strike #1 and #2 That means they are going to have to kill off the Joker and i liked that Nolan wasnt going to kill off the villians.

This is tradgic news indeed. Ledger was a good actor and if his version of the Joker is in fact the ultimate version then it will be hard to fill in his shoes.

RIP Heath you will be missed

This is a damn shame, he would have had such a bright future after The Dark Knight. The aussie news have just started reporting on it and most of the Industry people have said that the Joker was his breakout roll as the scene's that they've seen of him in it are Brilliant.

At least he's going to go out on a high note with Batman. again this is a damn shame.

WOW!

I didn't even think about Batman when I read this... my goodness how can this be! Heath dying so young...

RIP HEATH... this is beyond me.

He will be in my prayers!

I heard production in Batman was done so no worries in that sense. I just can't believe it. 28 years old!

Though the death in of itself is horrible, I also wonder what this will do for Batman? If re-writes will be required there are no writers available due to the strike which would mean it could be delayed significantly.

They have wrapped principal photography on Batman, and are into post, so there should be no need for re-writes. What might present a problem is any ADR that needs to be done, because that would necessitate the actor being there to do retakes on their lines. The solution here would be to have the lines fudged by another actor doing an imitation, or redub all the lines for the character after a certain point ( such as after he become the Joker), or just cut any problem scenes entirely.

sad news to hear

RIP

InterntaionalDK2__scaled_600.jpg

My thought on the rewrites was that the movie was gonna end on a cliff hanger, if rumors are to be believed and from what I have been told Ledger would have been part of the next movie. If that's true and they need to change that then significant re-writes could be needed.

Latest update is that the autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday, according to TMZ.

they can still leave it like that a cliff ahnger just find soemoen else to be the joker