WAVE 8 Pics Offically Online

T-Rat

Man, what a fricken letdown. The first for me, even with a wave of nothing but previously released figures!

Snake-Eyes: See, this is exactly what *not* to do with a Snake-Eyes. You frankenbash a Snow-Job with the Comic-pack necklace, and a new hood... a perfect incarnation of Snake-Eyes from Marvel #2. But, then you stick it on a single card, without a Kwinn in sight!?!?! Miss! Take! This should've been a comic 2-pack.

Roadblock: I'm still sure these are early, hand painted protos, using production figures to conceptualize how the repaint will look. So i hope this guy looks better on the shelves.

Flint: They fixed Flint! Looks like the new Viper sleeves, with Shipwreck forearms, and an unclenched left hand! They fixed Flint! They even say Fans will appreciate his short sleeves and gloves! That's phenomenal! Just one problem... why in the Fudgesylvania did they have to give us this apology figure in Tiger Force camo! Hear me now, Hasbro! Repaint this figure like the Wave 1 version, and call it a running change. Fans won't have to kill you then.

Cobra Commander: A decent enough repack, but pairing him with the Baroness in a two-pack would've been brilliant. This way? Waste of blister card stock, if you ask me.

Baroness: This isn't Baroness v2, it's Baroness V1. The colors are, at least. But the design of Baroness' original costume just can't be achieved by repainting her classic S&M overalls. Hasbro really should admit this iconic GIJoe character was not their creation, but that of Hama, and honor her 25th Anniversary (as one of Cobra's Original 2), by giving us a brand new sculpt of her original outfit. The head is perfection-ish, tho!

Python Patrol Offitrooper: Ok, so Hasbro screwed up in 1989, when they packaged the trooper repaint as the Python Officer. Whatever you call it, the idea is an easy repaint. It's expected here. It still doesnt explain why some skumbnull decided "ooh, I like the silver emblem as an homage", screwed up the Wave 2 release of the 5-pack trooper, and no plans to right that goof have been made yet. Running change, Hasbro. Change it, or youll be running from me at the Con this year!

Major Bludd: Kill it. The face was the least of the problems with this crap of s*** Hasbro's diahrrea'd together here. I'm calling this the "Modern" Bludd, like Zartan and Serpentor, and am demanding, here and now and forever, that Hasbro get to work making the HISS Driver body part of a "Classic" Bludd franken-repaint.

s***. Pure s***.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, what a fricken letdown. The first for me, even with a wave of nothing but previously released figures!

Snake-Eyes: See, this is exactly what *not* to do with a Snake-Eyes. You frankenbash a Snow-Job with the Comic-pack necklace, and a new hood... a perfect incarnation of Snake-Eyes from Marvel #2. But, then you stick it on a single card, without a Kwinn in sight!?!?! Miss! Take! This should've been a comic 2-pack.

Roadblock: I'm still sure these are early, hand painted protos, using production figures to conceptualize how the repaint will look. So i hope this guy looks better on the shelves.

Flint: They fixed Flint! Looks like the new Viper sleeves, with Shipwreck forearms, and an unclenched left hand! They fixed Flint! They even say Fans will appreciate his short sleeves and gloves! That's phenomenal! Just one problem... why in the Fudgesylvania did they have to give us this apology figure in Tiger Force camo! Hear me now, Hasbro! Repaint this figure like the Wave 1 version, and call it a running change. Fans won't have to kill you then.

Cobra Commander: A decent enough repack, but pairing him with the Baroness in a two-pack would've been brilliant. This way? Waste of blister card stock, if you ask me.

Baroness: This isn't Baroness v2, it's Baroness V1. The colors are, at least. But the design of Baroness' original costume just can't be achieved by repainting her classic S&M overalls. Hasbro really should admit this iconic GIJoe character was not their creation, but that of Hama, and honor her 25th Anniversary (as one of Cobra's Original 2), by giving us a brand new sculpt of her original outfit. The head is perfection-ish, tho!

Python Patrol Offitrooper: Ok, so Hasbro screwed up in 1989, when they packaged the trooper repaint as the Python Officer. Whatever you call it, the idea is an easy repaint. It's expected here. It still doesnt explain why some skumbnull decided "ooh, I like the silver emblem as an homage", screwed up the Wave 2 release of the 5-pack trooper, and no plans to right that goof have been made yet. Running change, Hasbro. Change it, or youll be running from me at the Con this year!

Major Bludd: Kill it. The face was the least of the problems with this crap of s*** Hasbro's diahrrea'd together here. I'm calling this the "Modern" Bludd, like Zartan and Serpentor, and am demanding, here and now and forever, that Hasbro get to work making the HISS Driver body part of a "Classic" Bludd franken-repaint.

s***. Pure s***.

man i hear you on all counts this wave is such a let down . @grumpy@

I still can't believe they couldn't give Major Bludd some better legs than Zartan's!!! I'm not very impressed with this wave.

I liked all the previous waves but would rate this one 2 out of 10. All repaints, no new characters but bludd.

Flint Meh!

Roadblock Meh!

Snake eyes, actually not bad, I always liked issue 2 SE

CC meh!

Baroness, okay as I need a baroness

Bludd ??? wheres the face?

Pyhton patrol meh!

Wow, I really thought hasbro was stepping it up, and then we get this wave. Wheres, BAT, barbecue and the other new figures???? I guess they are fall 08?

looks like Bludd's face is why Hasbro held him back. almost looks like they were going to use a Gung Ho head with an eye-patch and a crappy helmet, but then they decided it looked bad. using Zartan's body is just lazy for a character like Bludd, but let's hope they fix the head before it's release.

Also, I hope they give Roadblock a new head...that existing one is just freaky...

Well, its not even Feburary and we already know what the first 4 waves as well as 4 waves of comic packs. Apparently there is going to be a ton of new product this year, and waves like these allow some filler. Either Hasbro is giving us everything RIGHT now (and nothing new at Toy Fair, SDCC, or Joecon) or we're still going to be seeing another 3-4 waves.

I would prefer a wave or two like this along with good new product. I'm already going broke from what we've seen - we don't even know what else they might throw at us.

s***. Pure s***.

I posted my thoughts about this Wave in the revelation of pics thread, but I want to state here and now that I agree with everything said above. Hasbro blew the pooch with this one, and I am nothing but disappointed in all of the choices here.

Actually, I'm seriously hoping that this version of Major Bludd is a joke or awaiting further updates. He's made up almost entirely of Zartan parts, and Zartan was one of my least favorite figures of 2007!! This is what we've been waiting two Waves to be revealed?! This is the figure Hasbro held so close to their collective chest to get just right?! Wow....

s***. Pure s***.

@loll@

I was excited to see a new Flint with the open gloved hands. I was quite happy to see that, but to make him a Tiger Force figure takes the cake. I mean this was when I stopped buying the GI joes back in the 80s. I got so tired of the repaints that I just stopped collecting. I really think that they just need to paint him to look like the original and you will see them flying off the shelves. Also, Hasbro, please take these hands and put them on Shipwreck. You will see him flying off the shelves, as well.

I agree about the Snakes eyes and the CC and Baroness needing to be in comic tow packs. When I checked out the Snakes, I first thought why does he have alien skulls on a Necklace and what the hell good is he except to match up with Snow job and they and they can go around shooting snow together. LOL I hope this body style is the Snow serpent soon to grace the toy shelves. CC and Baroness just look like the Comic pack set that we saw back in 04. I did not buy that set and I am not planning on buying either of these at the moment.

I was excited to hear that we were going to get a new Bludd figure and was really hoping it would be close to the original, but in a 25th way. But when we see Zartan broken down into a Bludd figure, it made me feel just a little bit cheated. Like many are saying, is this what we were being told that we were waiting for? How many times did they put this figure off to the next wave to make this disappointment?

I really hope that Hasbro is looking through these forums carefully and taking into consideration that these figures need some tweaking before they are released in mass.

PMZ

Maybe I am by myself with this thought, but I would bet that we will get Flint with the new arms in his regular colors in a comic pack, possibly with the rumored lady jaye with a new head. The issue where Flint attacks the group of Eels, whichever comic number that is. I'm thinking they didn't want to release two nearly identical flints both on single cards, both with identical card art, so they made the fixes and rolled it out as tigerforce to give us something sort-of new. Could be wrong, but if I were a betting man...

Also, as much as I hate the baroness's colors, there is some potential in painting the glasses black and doing a head swap on the first one. Then, instead of two crappy Baronesses, there would be one, almost mediocre Baroness.

Anyways, if nothing else, this could be a "save money" wave.

People...some of you act shocked that Hasbro would reuse parts to this degree. C'mon!

The standard mantra that we've been hearing from Hasbro in the Star Wars Q&A sessions for the past year and a half is that "New molds/more articulation simply cost far too much to reinvent each and every character from scratch." And unfortunately, that even means specialty figures like the 25th Anniversary line. To hear Hasbro talk, it practically bankrupts the company each and every time they DO make a new figure...so frankenjoeing (if that's a word) figures over and over is common practice (read: saves big bucks) in the modern era at Hasbro.

And I dunno if anyone else noticed, but the HISS Driver is nothing but a regurgitation of Flash (with the exception of the legs) with a new head sculpt and paint job, so in effect, they are doing nothing different where Major Bludd is concerned. The only reason its more noticable with Bludd is the fact that his colors so closely resemble those of Zartan.

So they're real eh? Meh...

Very disappointed to see this level of reused parts, I gotta say, but there are upsides.

Python Officer's great, no problem there.

I'm loving the Tiger Force Flint. I'm sure we'll see an "original colours" version in a comic pack at some point, so I can retire my "Duke Flint" figure. However, Blackmada said it best...

I'd rather see the regular Flint with short sleeves and gloves before the Tiger Force version. They acknowledge that fans wanted Flints hands and sleeved changed but yet they do what they did to Major Bludd.

People...some of you act shocked that Hasbro would reuse parts to this degree. C'mon!

Only speaking for myself, but I'm not complaining about the concept of resused parts, in fact, I'm calling for a Major Bludd using the HISS Driver torso... so I'm not asking the moon. We may only get one shot at Major Bludd, and Hasbro held him off from wave 2, and then again from wave 3... all so they could retool a bad head on what's mostly a repaint anyway? For the amount of time we're waiting, we expected more than a new head and arm on a Zartan body.

If anyone deserves a brand new mold, it's Major Bludd, but the fans are willing to accept a partial repaint... just not *this* one.

And unfortunately, that even means specialty figures like the 25th Anniversary line. To hear Hasbro talk, it practically bankrupts the company each and every time they DO make a new figure...so frankenjoeing (if that's a word) figures over and over is common practice (read: saves big bucks) in the modern era at Hasbro.

Not disagreeing, or even saying that's a problem. But Snake-Eyes is new tooling, so there's Hasbro "going bankrupt" without giving us a new character. Seems like a bad choice, if they're making new molds only when necessary... then this figure was not necessary.

Secondly, Hasbro dropped large green into retooling Flint. Maybe not a whole figure's worth of money, but enough that he's Flint now, and not Duke with a new head. So I am complaining that I have to put up with a second rate Flint in his classic outfit, while a Tiger Force variant gets the true and correct arms. Not a complaint about reusing parts, but the choice of how to use them.

My problem with choices like Cobra Commander, Baroness and the Python Troopofficer stem more from the feeling that they'd work better in comic packs and Boxed sets (We have the Viper, Officer, Trooper, Crimson Guard, and Copperhead... there's a 5-pack of repaints right there!

Wow, flint with the different arms is sexy

As for Snake Eyes in winter Parka, you know that body is intended for Quinn with the weasel heads and all, so I would not be suprised if we see a Quin/kwinn and a karate uniform Scarlett (or another character) for a future Gi joe comic pack. Hopefully, they remove the heads for SE when that hits, but seein that the skulls are molded onto the uniform, I doubt it. Then again, I never read issue 2 despite my brother ownin two copies of it, so I have no idea with Se had the skulls in that issue, though I doubt it.

As for Bludd, seems like the delay is for the head and not the modified Zartan bod. Maybe, the Hasbro is tryin to make a head more accurate to the comics and cartoon.

TIGER FORCE???!!!!!!! TIGER FORCE???!!!!!!!

Dude, Tiger Force isn't just when GI Joe jumped the shark! That was when Joe swam back around the shark and started doing backflips over it! What's next Eco warriors?

This wave blows big chunks. These are the worst figures I've ever seen. Where's ZAP? SHORT-FUSE???? Even my dearly beloved Major Bludd looks like a total let down. I probably have more Joes than anyone, but after this, I might have to quit this hobby forever. I might get that Winter coat Snake Eyes to play with my Snow Job. Hopefully, they'll make a Kwinn for them to fight.

Hasblo can kiss my crack!

Yo Joe...NOT!!!

I disagree. Tiger Force actually made me come back after that horrible cartoon movie. When they really jumped the shark was Eco Force & the DIC cartoon.

I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED IN MAJOR BLUDD! @grumpy@

The standard mantra that we've been hearing from Hasbro in the Star Wars Q&A sessions for the past year and a half is that "New molds/more articulation simply cost far too much to reinvent each and every character from scratch." And unfortunately, that even means specialty figures like the 25th Anniversary line. To hear Hasbro talk, it practically bankrupts the company each and every time they DO make a new figure...so frankenjoeing (if that's a word) figures over and over is common practice (read: saves big bucks) in the modern era at Hasbro.

And I dunno if anyone else noticed, but the HISS Driver is nothing but a regurgitation of Flash (with the exception of the legs) with a new head sculpt and paint job, so in effect, they are doing nothing different where Major Bludd is concerned. The only reason its more noticable with Bludd is the fact that his colors so closely resemble those of Zartan.

Man I hope you were just being sarcastic. If a company can not afford new molds then it seems dumb to even be in the business of making toys. I mean sometimes you just have to do it. Hasbro is the biggest toy company. I'm sure they can afford new molds. The only time I could see it being too expensive is when they have to recast new molds from old molds. I'd say about 90% of the Star Wars figures are unique molds. They only really reuse molds for troopers, even then the EPIII Clone Trooper has 3-4 different molds. If it was that expensive to do they would have just made one and stuck with it. I can understand reusing some to make a little more off of already existing molds but the majority has to be new.

I don't mind reusing parts or whole bodies if it's Snake Eyes for Snake Eyes, Cobra Commander for Cobra Commander, Storm Shadow for Storm Shadow or Troopers for Officers.

Alot of what Hasbro has done worked and made sense to reuse parts. One reason it has worked is because most of the time figures are getting new straps and belts. That alone helps make them look different from one another. Like the Trooper and Officer.

This Major Bludd though only has dog tags on him and thats it. If that body had been used first for Bludd before it was ever used for Zartan we would be thinking, what the hell. Everyone else sharing bodies, it could have been for one before the other and you'd never really be able to tell.

Major Bludd is a big enough character and classic enough in the Joe world that he deserves better than this. Zartans body is just not close enough for Major Bludd.

What's next? IG Destro used for Airtight or Lady Jaye used for Jinx.

I think these figures look fine. I think everyone fooled themselves into believing that these were customs and are now acting like Hasbro killed a puppy when they were proven wrong. Don't be mad at Hasbro, be mad at yourself for thinking that Hasbro wasn't going to reuse body parts. They have been doing it since Wave 1 of the 25th line! How is this a shock? It's also not as if we are never going to see any new sculpts ever again. When the 25th line is all said and done I for one am going to be happy that we got these versions of the characters rather than them not being made at all.

Bludd is more than just dog tags, there's also a new right arm & headsculpt too. Star Wars uses alot of reused parts, especially in the battle packs, plus Star Wars figures cost more than Joes. And Hasbro said when they make a new figure, they also look at how many times can they reuse it, because of costs. So the use of reused parts has been and always will be part of the product.

The major disappointments are Mjr Bludd and Baroness.

Bludd needed his original look. "Getting him right" is not repainting the new Zartan design. I'll stick with the DTC Bludd if I want a cool new redesign.

Baroness's TRUE first appearance look is NOT a blue repaint of her black leather. No more blue Baronesses for me!

The rest are mehhh. I don't hate 'em, not crazy about 'em.

I think these figures look fine. I think everyone fooled themselves into believing that these were customs and are now acting like Hasbro killed a puppy when they were proven wrong. Don't be mad at Hasbro, be mad at yourself for thinking that Hasbro wasn't going to reuse body parts. They have been doing it since Wave 1 of the 25th line! How is this a shock? It's also not as if we are never going to see any new sculpts ever again. When the 25th line is all said and done I for one am going to be happy that we got these versions of the characters rather than them not being made at all.

Amen.

man.. what a stinker wave.. This will be the first time I pass on a single carded figure.. but I just have to man!

Snake Eyes - why? If they wanted this figure, put him in a comic-pack.. no need for a single of this version.

Roadblock v2- I'm not impressed with the vest so far, but I will buy him. He deserves a single card like the original.

Tiger Force Flint - not a problem with me. I like Tiger Force. I just wish they would redo the original Flint with the good sleeves and gloves.

Python Trooper - again, not a problem. I'll nab him.

Baroness - uh NO. Stick her in a comic pack with Cobra Commander.

Cobra Commander - See Baroness --- perfect comic pack, bad single pack.

Major Bludd- awe man... this makes me sad.. He's been my top wanted Cobra since the first waves were seen. This is such a half-ass figure!!! Give priority figures the attention they deserve man.

Majorly disappointed in Bludd!! What a cheap out by Hasbro!! They deleyed him claiming to make him better..... I am scared to see what he looked like before this then. Total crap job!!! TF Flint is awesome and my fav fig in the wave. I hope the release the v1 Flint again with the corrected arms. Not feeling Baroness at all. CC is decent. Roadblock looks bad for some reason. SE, well is a nice fig but boring to me. PP officer is a good fig though. Overall a stinker wave I think.

Draven