WAVE 8 Pics Offically Online

T-Rat

Without reading everyone else's comments, my big question is: If they had a prototype of Major Bludd, why would they have to push him back to Wave 8. Seems if he was at the same point as the other figures in Wave 7, i.e. releasing a prototype picture, why wouldn't they just release him?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These COULD very well be prototype pics...though I'm on the fence about the authenticity of them being actual Hasbro pics. I guess we'll see whether they're real or not during Toy Fair '08. But knowing modern-day Hasbro's penchant for part regurgitation and repainting existing molds, these very well may be the real McCoy...

And more importantly, both the Python officer and Roadblock appeared on the SDCC card set, AND the tweaked Cobra Commander appeared several weeks back from an Asian fan (pics were posted at Hisstank, and it looked EXACTLY the same as this figure).

Another possibility presented by the HISS tank folks is that some of these (like the CC and Baronness) may be part of some cartoon multipack or something. Hasbro HAS hinted at the possibility before.

Either way, as a cartoon fan, the Baronness and CC have me quite excited....

in the pants.

As others have said are are probably thinking if they haven't said it already, these are most likely early prototypes. That Major Bludd (supposedly the figure who's been postponed several Waves to get him just right) is almost entirely a Zartan- you can see the trademark Zartan skull belt-buckle for goodness sake- which makes no sense.

The only figures that look even remotely like what we may see are the comic color Baroness, battle helmet CC, and Roadblock (although that R.B. is one ugly figure). I smell a rat with that Python Patrol Cobra soldier though. It makes no sense to include him with no other P.P. soldiers or gear to back up his inclusion in a future Wave.

It makes no sense to include him with no other P.P. soldiers or gear to back up his inclusion in a future Wave.

Hasbro has said before that they weren't going to support the special teams in 2008, but never said we wouldn't be getting figures themed after them. There are continued rumors of a Tiger Force Flint, so my feeling is that we won't see Hasbro go out of their way to market the subteams, but we'll still get figures themed after them as a means to get certain popular character into circulation without straight retreads.

Kinda like how Python Patrol and Tiger Force became single release repaint fodder during the new sculpt years.

AND the tweaked Cobra Commander appeared several weeks back from an Asian fan (pics were posted at Hisstank, and it looked EXACTLY the same as this figure).

Where did you see this? I've seen this figure on a rumor list, but have yet to find this picture everyone keeps talking about that backs it up.

I think one of the things making these look not that right are the pictures, they look like htey were smaller pictures resized, so that's why some of the detail looks sloppy.. I guess only time will tell if these are prototypes... but remember at last years Toy Fair how chunky and sloppy some of the protos looked? they usually look like that when they're thrown together by hand and and painted ;)

AND the tweaked Cobra Commander appeared several weeks back from an Asian fan (pics were posted at Hisstank, and it looked EXACTLY the same as this figure).

Where did you see this? I've seen this figure on a rumor list, but have yet to find this picture everyone keeps talking about that backs it up.

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2999

Either way these aren't final pics.........I like'em....or rather the idea of them....if we are getting these then so be it.....if not what does it matter.

I'm liking that Baroness re-do........now all we need is a Scuba-Suit Destro and I can die happy ;)

Oh and those MASS Device crystals could probably be the easiest thing to customize....just look around the web......customizing ain't all that hard to do if you're really good at it. So its not like it would be that hard to do.

That PP officer looks really sharp though.......

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2999

Ah....well that explains why I couldn't find it. I had been looking for a mention of it in the title of the thread. I saw that thread and skipped over it. Thanks for the link.

I'd guess they are real, but for comic packs and such. The battle packs that feature a story might be a comic rendition of M.A.S.S. device and would explain the use of the cartoon looks.

The baroness body is still the worst sculpted in the line.

I'd buy that bludd, wouldn't be as good as i hope for , but he is buyable. Heck if i ever saw a zartan in stores i'd probably buy him too but that ship has sailed.

Just my own thoughts, but I think they're photoshopped pics. The Cobra symbols look like they were added after the fact and I would like to think that hasbro wouldn't give us a complete wave of character who weren't repaints or redeco-ed molds already. Sure I could see these as being spread over two waves or maybe included in a comic pack or two, but I'm not sure how you would label the CC figure. But with us getting that jetback Duke in wave 7 I guess CC isn't out of the question.

I think that these are real deals. However they are prototypes not meant for the public. I also do not think these are Wave 8 necessarily but a few figures that will be coming out eventually in various forms. I think the Major Bludd will be different for example when released.

Customs Fo' Sho' (I would hope) This would be the first wave I don't by em' all (not counting wave 4)

This is the wave I'm hoping for:

65356932485 GIJ SINGLE HAWK

65356932488 GIJ SINGLE BAZOOKA

65356932491 GIJ SINGLE BARBECUE

65356932494 GIJ SINGLE STORM SHADOW

65356932499 GIJ SINGLE SERPRENT

65356932501 GIJ SINGLE BAT

ditto!

Customs Fo' Sho' (I would hope) This would be the first wave I don't by em' all (not counting wave 4)

This is the wave I'm hoping for:

65356932485 GIJ SINGLE HAWK

65356932488 GIJ SINGLE BAZOOKA

65356932491 GIJ SINGLE BARBECUE

65356932494 GIJ SINGLE STORM SHADOW

65356932499 GIJ SINGLE SERPRENT

65356932501 GIJ SINGLE BAT

ditto!

Me too. I'd like to see all the waves be more constructed like that. This other stuff is alright if it's 5-packs or comic packs but not a single pack wave.

So This Cobra Commander's "big difference" is a friggin helmet stripe?

One thing that bugs, with Major Bludd being a good example, is the body reuse. While I'm not talking that they haven't before, I'm talking the practically full body reuse. They don't frankenstein anymore.

Zartan's body only marginally works for Bludd. I think they were going for the torso. But the legs? Come on, find some other ones. There is NO reason to reuse the whole body like that.

So This Cobra Commander's "big difference" is a friggin helmet stripe?

One thing that bugs, with Major Bludd being a good example, is the body reuse. While I'm not talking that they haven't before, I'm talking the practically full body reuse. They don't frankenstein anymore.

Zartan's body only marginally works for Bludd. I think they were going for the torso. But the legs? Come on, find some other ones. There is NO reason to reuse the whole body like that.

Yeah, I don't like that either. Take Hawk or Stalker for example - was there REALLY a need to paint those molded gloved hands that Snake Eyes had? Why not just stick someone else's bare hands in there instead?

Here, of course, it's much worse.

I wonder if Hasbro (or a customizer working on behalf of Hasbro) commissioned and 'planted' these pics in the fan community simply to gauge overall interest? That doesn't make sense with Bludd- as he's been in the works for awhile now- but the others seem like rushed jobs submitted simply to see what the fan community might say about them.

I wonder if Hasbro (or a customizer working on behalf of Hasbro) commissioned and 'planted' these pics in the fan community simply to gauge overall interest? That doesn't make sense with Bludd- as he's been in the works for awhile now- but the others seem like rushed jobs submitted simply to see what the fan community might say about them.

I hope that isn't even the case here. For all the trouble they've gone through to make Bludd, I hope this isn't what we end up with.

As for the rest...

- Cobra Commander - yawn. most of us already have 3 versions of him. If they're going to make a new CC, he should be in his black suit with a black hood, IMO.

- Roadblock - what's the point? We have one RB in a more iconic outfit. We don't need this one. At all.

- Baroness - comic colors? again - Why?

- PP Cobra Trooper - I don't intend to speak for everyone, but we've got enough different troopers floating around at the moment. Let's see some different Vipers - (Alley, Night, etc) or even different ranks of Cobra Legions, such as Eels, or better yet - Iron Grenadiers.

I'm just hoping this line-up is completely bogus. They're ok for customs, but I don't really even want to see the finished product of any of these except for Bludd... Other than that, I think it's safe to say we all want a bigger variety of characters before we start getting repeats of the same old same old...

after much pondering. You have to admit hasbro has done a pretty good job thus far. I can't see them releasing these as wave 8. I know I have said this before, but each wave has been pretty strong thus far. This would be by far the weakest wave yet. I am going to give hasbro the benefit of the doubt on this one.

I wish they would wait longer on the cartoon versions or put them in battle packs or something. Cobra Commander and Baroness are pretty cool that they are being made from the cartoon but I'd rather see more single packs of regular stuff before cartoon stuff.

Why is that Snake Eyes not in a comic pack? He does look cool. I'll say this for Snake Eyes, he gets alot of figures but they look good.

Major Bludd Sucks with the Zartan body. Why is Bludd getting the shaft and not getting a really accurate body. They are just going to have to make him again. Just get him right the first time. I'd rather they just don't put him out at all if that is all they are doing with him. Why is his face blurred out? Is that what is getting changed, it was the only good thing about him.

I'd rather see the regular Flint with short sleeves and gloves before the Tiger Force version. They acknowledge that fans wanted Flints hands and sleeved changed but yet they do what they did to Major Bludd.

Python Trooper? Put out the single pack regular Trooper already.

Ugh.

Check this out now...

http://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/default.cfm?pa...5EC48DE62C3858F

$#%^%&^&!!!!

Better pics here: http://gijoeclub.com/2008wave4.cfm

This is clearly an all repaint filler wave (ala wave 1) to keep product steadily rolling. We all know new sculpts are sure to come after this, so if you don't like them, don't buy them and wait for what's next.

I'm personally only interested in Bludd and Cobra Commander, depending on how they look in person.