WAVE 8 Pics Offically Online

T-Rat

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are awesome. I'm loving that Cobra Commander and the crystals from the MASS Device he comes with. They finally gave him his iconic white stripe from the cartoons on his helmet! Now if only they would get rid of those stupid red stripes on his gloves.

The Baroness is cool too. I almost prefer this early cartoon look to any other.

Major Bludd is looking good. I noticed his arm is looking more cybernetic than ever.

Roadblock is OK I never really cared for that version.

The Python Officer looks neat but I almost wish they would of done something about those yellow gloves this time around. Oh well, at least he is accurate to the original.

They pushed Major Bludd back twice just to repaint Zartan?

Sleeves painted onto Roadblock.

They look like customs to me.

Someone customized the crystals from the MASS Device? I don't think so. I say they are real.

Good point. At first I thought it looked like the Star Wars cloning containers that were used to hold the Jango Fett clones. It does look slightly different from those.

I hope they are not the official prototypes and just very early designes of what they could look like. Some of them need some big changes. I'd hate to think that they were going to try and put so many out so quick that the quality would get this bad.

Interesting....!

Baroness - She has green "shades" now, though guess still not transparent so molded to her face. Good for a Mara custom too (because I just liked that storyline, hehe).

Cobra Commander - I keep hoping that, for front of his helmet, they'll trim back the top edge of it and maybe reshape it more into that "M" shape, because he really looks more lowbrow (which fits him in the show, but not the look) specially with the curvature of his mask. But maybe it needs to be that way to stay somewhat attached to his head? Sliding it up higher to show the right amount of his mask seems to be too loose to stay on. Looks like his cobra logo is larger and moved towards the corner.

Python Trooper - Though I wasn't a fan of the DiC years, I kinda did like Python Patrol, though I liked the more tightly spaced "grid" lines that the 2003 repaint set used. Maybe I won't need to do a custom for Python Patrol Copperhead at this rate, though. Too bad they've nixed ever re-releasing the Flagg or other large playsets (which I presume includes the largest vehicles like the Python Conquest).

Major Bludd - Wasn't a big Major Bludd fan, but it sculpt looks pretty decent and just like the first version it seems.

Roadblock - Nice, but needs a mutated Cobra Commander accessory! @lol@

And yeah, I kinda get the sense that some of these feel like customs from the Baroness's paintjob. It doesn't look very even..

Baroness- thats a total repaint...sucks

PP Trooper - repaint...sucks

Cobra Commander- I love it! even though its a repaint, its accurate

Major Bludd- Zartan chest and torso? what the hell, get a sculpter do fix that

Roadblock- meh, it works

looks like alotta customs rather than new figures.

IT took more talent to make the 80's figures than this 25th line which is all about repaints and customs

This seems like it's becoming the most contraversial series yet. It's real, it's not real. Some like them, some don't.

Up to now Hasbro has reused alot of molds and they worked but this stuff just seems really really cheap.

That version of Roadblock never wore a helmet and it's not even colored to match the rest of him in any way.

Now that I look at 'em again, they all look like they could be customs. Look at:

- Baroness's paintjob

- Roadblock's shoulders, you can see the paint

- CC is just a stripe on his helmet and the accessory

- Major Bludd's helmet seems a little too small to stay securely on

- Python Trooper just seems like a repaint of one of the generic troopers.

And isn't it rather early to be seeing pics of '08 Wave 4 (Wave 8)?

These COULD very well be prototype pics...though I'm on the fence about the authenticity of them being actual Hasbro pics. I guess we'll see whether they're real or not during Toy Fair '08. But knowing modern-day Hasbro's penchant for part regurgitation and repainting existing molds, these very well may be the real McCoy...

If these are real, then this line is taking a turn for the worse. Not one of these excites me. Too be honest, they wouldn't even be that great as customs. Wouldn't you think a good customizer would at least dremul the skull on Major Blud's belt off? I would have. There are other minor details that lead me to believe these are either fake or VERY early prototypes. I'm not buyin these as real.

I hope that's not Major Bludd, a repaint/hack of Zartan parts! :(

These do look like customs.

Y'know, I'm kinda back and forth on the usage of parts for repaints and/or different versions, such as that Version 2 Roadblock; sometimes it irritates me, then other times I think it's a brilliant business decision. Right now this minute, I like the idea. I've always loved that version of Roadblock, and they way they've used the Version 1 parts is really creative and suits the figure just fine. Love that Major Bludd too...

Even the few "new" parts on these figures look extremely rough and poorly done. Roadblocks torso in particular, looks custom sculpted. Or, maybe, these are just very early Hasbro in-house mockups for artwork, catalogs, etc... Good lord, I hope so, cuz there's not much there worth buying.

i think they are customs.

none of the work is very professional... the cobra symcols look particularly sloppy.

they may be mock ups by Hasbro.. but still customs.

no way they are protos

These are probably real initial mock ups. Though I don't believe they are wave 8. Cobra commander and baroness is for sure a comic pack. Python officer and roadblock v2 could also be a comic pack. I think its a weak wave if its wave 8 as usually every wave only has one or two repeat characters, whereas this one would have 3, 4 if you include the python officer.