Prices of Rare Figures

LegendsCollector07

I'm really new to the Marvel Legends collecting game and there are so many figures out there that I desire but do not have the dollars to acquire them. For Example I looked up a gold variant Ironman from the first series online and it was $165.00! I also looked up popular figures such as Deadpool, Juggernaut, and Warmachine, the lowest price on each as $60.00. Now I realize that figures go up in value, but in that short of a time span? Are people such as scalpers just taking advantage of the Marvel Legends collecting community or are the figures really growing in value at such a rapid rate? Give some feedback.

the items that you mentioned are the really good ones. they've been out for ages, and because they're really good and you can no longer find so many of them, their prices are really high.. other figs' value don't go up as high as the value of the figs that you've mentioned.. if you want the great ones, get the dollars ready...

There going up because there no longer produced and its getting harder and harder to find them. But keep looking you can get lucky and find some nice deals.I found war machine for 9.99$ moc.There are some deals you just gotta get out there and find them.

you can get all the Hasbro stuff for cheap @lol@

and I suppose that is actually driving the Toybiz stuff up

as for my figures... I have never paid more than 14 bucks for a figure... and that was only when I first started and bought Cap from a collector show.

the prices are only high for people that try to get on too late.

I don't know how else to say that.. I mean, nearly every figure was easy to find at one point or another. War Machine and the rest of ML9 were pegwarmers forever... Deadpool and Juggy were not so easy, but they had two different releases to give people enough of a chance to grab them.. Deadpool used to only be like a 15-20 dollar figure.. Juggy like 25..

my advice, either buy them loose.. or wait until several of them appear on ebay at the same time.

you can get all the Hasbro stuff for cheap @lol@

and I suppose that is actually driving the Toybiz stuff up

as for my figures... I have never paid more than 14 bucks for a figure... and that was only when I first started and bought Cap from a collector show.

the prices are only high for people that try to get on too late.

I don't know how else to say that.. I mean, nearly every figure was easy to find at one point or another. War Machine and the rest of ML9 were pegwarmers forever... Deadpool and Juggy were not so easy, but they had two different releases to give people enough of a chance to grab them.. Deadpool used to only be like a 15-20 dollar figure.. Juggy like 25..

my advice, either buy them loose.. or wait until several of them appear on ebay at the same time.

i dunno. I mean, you're right to a point. certain figures (like War Machine or Moon Knight) are now expensive when they weren't even that hard to find when they originally came out.

but then other figures i never saw ONCE in a store. Like, Phoenix, Dark Phoenix, Juggernaut, Deadpool, Apocalypse.....i still don't have Dark Phoenix or Juggernaut. Apocalypse i bought with an ebay 'lot' and got some double figures, but the lot only cost me $30. It came with loose Apocalypse, Longshot, Cyclops and someone else.

then there are the FF Classics (the toybiz line). That whole second series was nearly impossible to find.

I agree with Ares I am in the process of trading for a Brown Cable Variant and ML 1 Gold Ironman but I had use some of those F4 series 2 figs for trade. I did not collect back when ML 1 and 6 came out so to me I am thrilled to get this trade and he is thrilled becuase of the Rareness of the newer figs I am sending his way.

Since everyobody's getting on my ass about having 11 deadpools, I might as well hop into the scalping game. Naw just joking. I KEED I KEED. I'd never sell my deadpool army (7 in mint package I might add).

I tell you one thing though. I have three complete Blob series cause no one bought them in my KB and they went from 6 bucks a figure,and I am going to sell that for sure. yeah yeah say what you got to say, hate on me, all i know is IM GETTING PAID! EBAY HERE I COME!! or maybe I should hold on a bit to see its value go up.

Look for ebay if you really want to get a rare figure, but make sure the seller is reputable (go with a feedback score of 98 or higher). Try to score a lot and usually the prices won't be nearly as high as if you were to buy individual figures. I also neve saw the fantastic four classics wave so I ended up getting them through ebay, expensive but dragonman himself was well worth it.

Depends on whether I'm buying or selling!

But seriously...these prices may seem high, but some of these figs from waaaaay back in '01-'02 are impossible to find, even at a secondary store like a Comic Shop. And the variants??? Fugetaboutit!!!

Bottom line: If you're seriously interested in collecting some of these older figs, especially the variants, you're going to have to pony-up some serious $$$. Is it worth it??? Depends on how bad you want it. Are scalpers taking advantage of you? Again...depends on how bad you want it.

GOOD LUCK!

You also might want to consider Craigslist!!!

Last Month I got:

ML3 Wolverine (ebay average $10-15+)

ML4 Gambit (ebay average $15+)

ML5 Sabretooth (ebay average $30+)

ML5 Colossus (ebay average $30+)

ML6 Wolverine (ebay average $25+)

ML12 Bishop (ebay average $10-15)

all MOC for $5 a piece (to which I reffered to "the haul of the year" with bragging rights). I started collecting a couple of months ago, in October, so I understand the pain, especially if you want them MOC. I personally refuse to buy loose figures simply because who knows where the hell they have been? or how loose the joints are? 85% of the time they have them photographed on the floor somewhere in their house! no thanks!. I rather pay up and open the figure myself to avoid surprises.

Call me crazy but I got the X-men Legends Box set just for the Rogue Figure, no regrets. I only collect X-Men figures (mostly just the ones that resemble the early 90's) so, in the case of X-Men BAF's like the Sentinel, Onslaught, Mojo, Blob, and Brood Queen, I have bought the entire series to build the figure MYSELF then all the non X-Men figures I've accumulated I sell them on ebay in [like they say] "HUGE" lots earning most of my money back. The trick is to start your auctions at a really low price (give everyone a fair chance) and welcome international bidders, since they don't get these figures in their countries (mostly Latin America) they are very willing to pay high amounts to get them. sad but true.

Someone here said that patience is the game to play with rare figures and it's very true! I just got a MOC ML6 Juggy for 34 bucks on ebay 4 days ago.

Good Luck!

Since everyobody's getting on my ass about having 11 deadpools, I might as well hop into the scalping game. Naw just joking. I KEED I KEED. I'd never sell my deadpool army (7 in mint package I might add).

I tell you one thing though. I have three complete Blob series cause no one bought them in my KB and they went from 6 bucks a figure,and I am going to sell that for sure. yeah yeah say what you got to say, hate on me, all i know is IM GETTING PAID! EBAY HERE I COME!! or maybe I should hold on a bit to see its value go up.

That doesn't really add anything to the conversation. Maybe people wouldn't be "on your ass" if you spoke less of your plans to "get paid," which, frankly, no one is interested in reading.

That doesn't really add anything to the conversation. Maybe people wouldn't be "on your ass" if you spoke less of your plans to "get paid," which, frankly, no one is interested in reading.

This guy is SCANDAL! he's dead in my book.

you are not just a scalper but an idiot too. there is a guy who tries to find some of the best marvel figs for descent prices and all you can do is say that you have 11 deadpools. wow way to go. this is like showing a kid a candy and then eat it for yourself.

you are not just a scalper but an idiot too. there is a guy who tries to find some of the best marvel figs for descent prices and all you can do is say that you have 11 deadpools. wow way to go. this is like showing a kid a candy and then eat it for yourself.

Nevermind the fact that some guys would chop off a finger for a MOC Deadpool via trade?! I doubt he has said collection, and until I see photos, I'll remain skeptical!

hang in there buddy. the prices are high, i know exacly what you are talking about. since hasbro took over, here where i live the prices have doubled. sometimes there are good prices on the net. older figures are always expensive that sucks. in a way i think thats not fair. i think that there are always collectors who just begun there collections now and they know that toybiz had amazing figures. some peaple where to young or hadnt had a paycheck, a job or ebay back when the figures came out. i know that i wasnt old enough back then to have a visa card or ebay. now i can say with ebay and all it is way more easy to get my figures. without ebay i wouldnt have a lot of the new marvel figs.

Nevermind the fact that some guys would chop off a finger for a MOC Deadpool via trade?! I doubt he has said collection, and until I see photos, I'll remain skeptical!

thats true.

wow, your a dick. you dont need 11 frickin deadpools! i could understand if it was an army builder, or you are using them for customs, but come on!

the only way you'll be forgiven is to hand them out one by one.

I found at least a third of my collection at a comic store for 3-10 bucks each. I spent about 150 bucks that day. I found Deadpool and Juggs for 10 bucks each...loose of course, but that's how I collect. Anyways my advice is to check comic stores and eBay. My girlfriend bought me a Hawkeye in its package for 22 dollars on eBay. You have to keep the Marvel Eye open mang. Happy hunting.

Just like anything, it depends on how bad you want it. Or how far are you willing to go to get it. For me, I'd sell my soul to acquire a Stealth Iron Man. But to get the figure I covet the most (even more than Dragon Man), there are few things I wouldn't do. It's only money people. You gan make/ earn more. But regret is everlasting. Believe this older, wiser collector...