Is Hasbro still making Marvel Legends?

DrOctavius

I'm not joking. What are they on like series 5 or 6 now?

I haven't seen a single figure in my area since series two. Legends indeed.

Yeah, like Bigfoot. Only HE has more sightings.

I've heard rumors of a Captain America, Bucky, Cyclops, Fantastic Four wave, etc. but I've never actually SEEN them.

That's why I loved Toy Biz...at least you could actually BUY their figures.

God, I hate Hasblo.

I've heard rumors of a Captain America, Bucky, Cyclops, Fantastic Four wave, etc. but I've never actually SEEN them.

God, I hate Hasblo.

I think its understood that you are being sarcastic, but if you checked the on-line retailers, you'd know that these figures have been released and that can always order them on-line. Distribution might be a problem in your area, but since you can order outside of that area at any time, what is stopping you?

I don't live anywhere near a retailer than I can just walk into and buy this stuff, yet I'm having no trouble at all buying these figures.

God, I hate Hasblo.

Maybe you should live somewhere where the only store in town is a Wal-Mart. Just a suggestion.

And while we're at it why is the fact that your local Piggly Wiggly or whatever isn't capable of order fresh product Hasbro's fault. Hasbro as a company has probably the best distribution in the world. They say to (insert your local small town store here) "Hey, we've got these toys, we think you'll sell them. How many do you want?" And local small town "I manage a Piggly Wiggly cause they'd hire me with a GED" says in his best Pete the Puma impression "Ohhhhh.....3 or 4?" Right after high school, I'm sorry to say I was that guy (except in a Dallas Metro Target) and I made sure that my store stayed fresh with everything. I went so far as to change inventory on product just so a new order would be placed only to change it back after they arrived. So instead of ripping Hasbro for making a product and offering it to as many retailers as possible, go cry to your local Pete the Puma for not meeting the needs and wants of his local consumers......

......And the soapbox is now free.....

You need . . . . . . . EBay! They will come to your rescue!! If you are a real serious collector, you would not have all these obstacles. Expand your horizons, Grasshopper !!

Actually, there is a SUPER Wal-mart in my town, and another one 25 minutes away. There are also two K-marts. NONE of them ever have anything from Hasblo except Star Wars.

I could buy my figures on Ebay, but then not only do I pay more, plus shipping, but I can't pick my own figures, which I like to do because of sloppy paint apps.

I would just like to be able to walk into a store, pay retail price, and have a choice of figures. That's all.

You need . . . . . . . EBay! They will come to your rescue!! If you are a real serious collector, you would not have all these obstacles. Expand your horizons, Grasshopper !!

Actually, there is a SUPER Wal-mart in my town, and another one 25 minutes away. There are also two K-marts. NONE of them ever have anything from Hasblo except Star Wars.

I could buy my figures on Ebay, but then not only do I pay more, plus shipping, but I can't pick my own figures, which I like to do because of sloppy paint apps.

I would just like to be able to walk into a store, pay retail price, and have a choice of figures. That's all.

Yeah i also have that problem but i also live in England and the only place that gets them is the comic shops which charge about £10 - £15 each for them ($20-$30) so i dont bother with them, one store that isnt that close to me got in series 1 and i havent seen any of the other's anywhere so i have to get them online

and by the time you drive to the store everyday you already spent more on gas money than it did to ship your figures

wah wah wah

God, I hate Hasblo.

wow its like complete reverse for me, i can find hasbro legends all the time, but i would have trouble with toybiz.

and by the time you drive to the store everyday you already spent more on gas money than it did to ship your figures

wah wah wah

Heinousjoe and annihiliator - I realize that people have varying levels of care or sympathy for others' complaints about distribution and MLs in general, but let's at least be civil in tone about it. I empathize with the distribution problems...our area never even saw the Wal-Mart two-packs; MLs in general are confined to just a couple pegs due to the astounding amoung of 5" Spider-Man and Fantastic Four figures; and when there are MLs, they're still mostly HML1 with some peg-warmer HML2s sprinkled in.

Surely, most of you have encountered similar problems, and sometimes, people just need to vent. Having said that, DrOctavius, you really need to expand your horizons past the concrete retailers, despite the convenience. Due to short-packing and scalpers, you'll never even see certain figures at retail to begin with.

My advice is to haunt Hasbrotoyshop (check back frequently; they re-stock at odd hours). You'll be dealing with a reliable vendor, and you won't have to put up with jackholes hiding $5 extra profit in their "shipping" charges.

We all would too.

Trouble is, the reality of collecting has changed and the retail situation has thus changed accordingly.

Being able to "walk into a store" and find the toys/collectibles you want is no longer the constant--or sure thing-- it used to be.

Ebay, or on-line retailers are the best bet going these days to assure a collector in finding the stuff.

The cost of shipping is now usually offset by the same costs in gas/transit fees, travel time and frustration. Besides, even if you do hunt on foot, the potential selection of figures can be just one or two of each, if that---and not always whole sets on the pegs.

The thing about picking out the best looking figures: as you develop a steady patronage with a on-line retailer and they grow to know you personally, you can reasonably ask that they look over the figures in stock and pick out the "best" ones for you. It never hurts to ask politely, since you are spending your money with them.

Its adapt or suffer.

Maybe you should live somewhere where the only store in town is a Wal-Mart. Just a suggestion.

stop making fun of me!

if your area truely sucks like mine, wait till they hit places like gordman's or big lots and buy them there. you may have to wait about a year after theyre released, but they should be about 4 bucks cheaper.

wah wah wah

Heinousjoe and annihiliator - I realize that people have varying levels of care or sympathy for others' complaints about distribution and MLs in general, but let's at least be civil in tone about it. I empathize with the distribution problems...our area never even saw the Wal-Mart two-packs; MLs in general are confined to just a couple pegs due to the astounding amoung of 5" Spider-Man and Fantastic Four figures; and when there are MLs, they're still mostly HML1 with some peg-warmer HML2s sprinkled in.

Surely, most of you have encountered similar problems, and sometimes, people just need to vent. Having said that, DrOctavius, you really need to expand your horizons past the concrete retailers, despite the convenience. Due to short-packing and scalpers, you'll never even see certain figures at retail to begin with.

My advice is to haunt Hasbrotoyshop (check back frequently; they re-stock at odd hours). You'll be dealing with a reliable vendor, and you won't have to put up with jackholes hiding $5 extra profit in their "shipping" charges.

ive been going into walmart every day to every other day for the past 2 months and all thats ever there is danger,quicksilver,blacknight,bucky,and like 3 cyclops

oh lets not forget the 15 2 packs

and and lets not forget the 12 entire pegs of legendary comic book heroes and 2 packs that arent moving at all

and so what, i dont get on a message board and go "hasbro sucks, i dont see any new products at all"

its not hasbros fault,its walmarts fault,its targets fault,its kmarts fault, etc etc

they arent ordering the product

if it was up to hasbro im sure they would ship ten cases at a time to every store,but store dont want that,they want 1 or 2 tops,and let that sell out,then order another 1 maybe

go talk to your walmart manger,maybe they can do something about it

I have to agree with the original post to some extent. I've had to get everything since HML2 on-line which shouldn't be the case. I live in a town with a TRU, 3 Walmarts, 2 Targets, 2 K-Marts, and 4 Meijers. I've never seen MLFF in the wild, only saw a few leftovers from a single case of HML3 and MLSM3. Distribution has been appalling since Hasblow took over.

wah wah wah

Thanks, I was a little upset when i posted this topic. I just get really tired of knowing that these ARE out there, and there are people who can just walk into their local store and pay $10 for one, while I have to spend tons of money on gas or cough up $15-20 for a $10 figure plus shipping. It gets old. These companies must realize that if I can't find their product, I can't buy it. Online stores are okay, but nothing beats the experience of finding that special figure you've wanted on the peg in front of you.

wow.. Hasbro Legends are sooooo easy to find here that the scalpers don't even bother with them anymore.

I have never seen figures sit on the pegs like Hasbro's Marvel Legends. They really only sell when they get clearanced to 5 bucks.

Honestly, your not missing much. IMO the only good figures from Series 3 is the Cyclops and Marvel Girl. Order them from hasbrotoyshop.com. Would be pretty hard to mess up either of there paint apps to be honest.

In my range of stores I can search on a weekly basis I have 5 Wal-Marts, 2 Targets, 1 K-Mart, and 1 TRU and if I wanted to add another 30 mile radius I could tack on 4 more Wal-Marts, 2 Targets, and 2 TRUs. I generally don't have the affinity for that big of a search as I once did. Anyway - back on point.

In the vast amounts of stores I can check I have seen HML 3 twice (the first time popping the case fresh right in front of me) and once more when I found a second Cyke and FA Cap. I have seen SPM Trilogy 3 times. First time was a fresh case. Second and third times an extra GG or Sandman lying around. I have seen FF Wave a bit more, but all you can find now are Things, Mr. Fantastics, and Torches. I've had best results at 1 local Wal-Mart by showing up around 12:30 AM when they are putting out toys and scouting out the boxes. I then get a stocker to pop it for me.

It really is becoming more hit or miss. I really would suggest: Marvel Legends on Hasbrotoyshop.com . They are retail price and you can usually find promo codes to lower the price.

wah wah wah

Heinousjoe and annihiliator - I realize that people have varying levels of care or sympathy for others' complaints about distribution and MLs in general, but let's at least be civil in tone about it.

After a long, hard day at work, this quote brought it all home for me. Asking guys named HeinousJoe and Annihilator to have care and sympathy for a fellow collector. I mean, I could understand if we were talking about SomewhatunsympatheticJoe...

this thread's title made me nervous... i thought it means something else... hey, let me tell you my story... i'm from the philippines, and i live in the province... from where i live, there are lots of industrial plants (refineries, factories, petrochemical plants, etc.) but surprisingly, there's not even one mall here that carries toys. the nearest city here is 30 minutes away from our house, and you can't find toys anywhere... for me to get my toys (and have a chance to pick which figs i like), i travel very far to the metro, which is like a 6-hour drive from our home... sometimes i go home with a haul, sometimes i go home with no new figs at all... the ones which are harder to find, i buy them through ebay... costs a lot, but looking for them somewhere else may cost a lot more... for me, looking for the figs in other places 'cause they're not locally available here is part of the adventure and thrill of collecting figs... ^_^ it may me costly, and tiring, but when you already get your hands on that little 6-inch fig, you'll say "ahhhh, it's worth all the pain i've went through..." it may be funny, but that's how much i love my figs... :D