Need Onslaught BAF help

Robogeek28

Allright, I'd decided to buy a few sets for the BAFs and have come across a problem. My Onslaught doesn't wanna let his left leg attatch, at all. I've struggled with it about an hour, and have finally given up. Other parts gave me a hassle, but they're on now, and I can't for the life of me get that one piece to slide on all the way. I was applying so much pressure I've literally torn a good sized chunk of multi layered skin off without having realized it.

So my question is this, is there some trick I can do to get it on? It's the left leg, and yes it's the right one needed for that area for any wise guys out there. @loll@

I've tried twisting with pressure, straight pressure, and swearing profusely at it to no avail, HELP!!

If the "female" end of the joint (sorry...there's no PC way of saying that) is too big, and the joint simply won't seal, then you may be out of luck.

If not, then I would recommend holding the joint-end of the leg in boiling water for about 20 seconds. It'll get REAL soft.

Take it out of the water...While it's still soft (and hot...but be careful...I've burned my hands using this method), try and shove it into the hip-joint on the torso. You probably won't hear a "snap" becasue the plastic is too soft, but that should help.

Once you think it's in place, hold it carefully under COLD tap-water for about 20 seconds...then, put it in the freezer for about 5 minutes.

After 5 minutes, take it out of the freezer, and run it under room-temperature tap-water for about 1 minute (or, alternatively, leave it alone for an hour and let it warm up by itself). Whatever you do, DON'T try and bend a semi-frozen joint - you might snap it off.

Once it's back to room temperature, you should be safe testing the joint.

Hope that helps. GOOD LUCK!

#US1#

• 2 months later...

This was a big problem with the onslaught wave I remember others having this problem as well I my self sent mine into toybiz and got replacement parts.... and a STOOPID ninja wolverine grrr! But since toybiz is not around anymore I duno what to tell ya! You could try contacting hasbro I suppose maybe they have left over extras from toybiz?!??? No idea how that stuff works

Allright, I'd decided to buy a few sets for the BAFs and have come across a problem. My Onslaught doesn't wanna let his left leg attatch, at all. I've struggled with it about an hour, and have finally given up. Other parts gave me a hassle, but they're on now, and I can't for the life of me get that one piece to slide on all the way. I was applying so much pressure I've literally torn a good sized chunk of multi layered skin off without having realized it.

So my question is this, is there some trick I can do to get it on? It's the left leg, and yes it's the right one needed for that area for any wise guys out there. @loll@

I've tried twisting with pressure, straight pressure, and swearing profusely at it to no avail, HELP!!

If none of the other suggestions work, remember that you can buy Onslaught parts pretty cheap on eBay due to that BAF's relative unpopularity and the series' commonality. t sucks to have to buy a new part, but there are opportunity costs involved, too: might it be worth the extra $5 or so to avoid further frustration, wasting of time, hand injuries, etc.?

you can use petroleum jelly when you can't put it in... just like toooooooot.... lol!