Encore 9 and 10 Are....

OneTrueBlueX

Whoa! I never had an Omega Supreme.

I might just have to get me 2 of these. Seeing I'm keeping the encores sealed...at least for the immediate future I'd like to have one of these to open.

I wonder what other surprises are in store for us. Hopefully some really good ones!

damn i might have to consdier getting both of those

looks like i kno where my yen are going. i never had omega supreme..well now i will. i hope it is reproduction packaging.

the minibots i may get but i am not sure yet

I missed out on them the first time around... so yeah... I wont let that happen again... Not to mention the fact that I am a sucker for anime accurate stuff...

man i want TWO omega supremes so i can repaint one to look like one of the omega sentinels from the G1 series..better yet...maybe an ehobby exclusive repaint idea!?!?!

That's pretty much what I thought when I saw this news. I'd love a Sentinel, but Omega Supreme has to be mine!

Does anyone need a kidney?

"Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in..." (lol)

Well shoot. I just thought that I could leave Transformers behind. Apparently I can't. Honestly I actually had been contemplating re-starting a collection with the Encore re-issues for some time now, but I think Omega Supreme just pushed me over the edge. I had recently sold some items on eBay and had a little bit of money saved (my disposeable income is extremely limited these days), and at the same time I've recently just experienced a new rush of nostalgia for Transformers for some reason...actually I think it came from the fact that a couple of weeks ago I went into my local TRU, and amongst the post-Christmas, wiped-out shelves I inexplicably found an Encore Soundwave. My heart stopped for a split second, and then I noticed a security device wrapped around it (you know, like those things the DVD box sets have on them at Wal-Mart) and the $89.95 (!) price-tag on it. So of course I promptly passed. But it was so very surreal, standing there in the middle of TRU holding a G1 Soundwave in my hands, complete with vintage-style packaging some twenty-four years after it originally came out...there was just something so cool about it. All of these memories of wanting the original Transformers badly as a kid and all of the memories of playing with them with my little brother rushed over me, and I couldn't shake it.

I researched online and found a seller selling the Encore re-issues for a pretty reasonable price, and I got Prime, Megatron, and Soundwave. (He wasn't $89.95 BTW...) (lol) Then I preordered Omega Supreme. Since it's a preorder I'm might actually have time to save up some before I'm actually charged. I guess the release of Omega Supreme makes me think that they're serious about the Encore collection and that they might actually see the re-release of the original line through this time.

When I was a kid I can remember when the "Holy Grails" of any true Transformer collection were the Constructicons, Jetfire, and Omega Supreme; especially Omega since he was so "huge" back then. And actually my brother had one when we were growing up, so I did get to play with one a little. I think I'm just now realizing that somewhere deep down I was a little jealous that my brother had him and I didn't. (lol) Transformers were the Cadillacs of toys to me back in those days; extremely cool toys you wanted but couldn't often afford. I guess it just boils down to the fact that this is like a second chance to get these toys I always wanted and I can't pass it up.

Naw man, I'm right there with ya! Pre-ordered them too. Couldn't help myself. (lol) I had The tank and the Warthog plane when I was a kid and I loved 'em. Never had Bumblebee or Huffer though. My brother had the yellow Bumblejumper and we pretended he was Bumblebee. (lol)