Email I Received From Marvel Toys/Toybiz

Hulkabilly

I used my company email address in hope to get a better responce and mabey a "forcast" on the future of this line.

Here is the answer I received...

Dear Michael:

Thank you for contacting Marvel Toys Consumer Services regarding future

Legendary Heroes.

Unfortunately, we have no information at this time.

We appreciate your loyalty to the Marvel Toys line of products. For more

information on current or upcoming products, please visit our website at

www.toybiz.com. If we can assist you in the future, please contact us toll

free at 1-800-634-7539, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Time, or e-mail us at

toybiz@casupport.com.

Sincerely,

Karen Franks

Consumer Service Representative

000426360A

....and just what are you reading into that?

C'mon............take a deep breath.

First of all, the email is a very canned response--which is standard.

Second of all, its THAT KIND OF RESPONSE because Toyfair is under 30 days away now, and they are certainly NOT going to tip their hand in a email to someone that is not a recognized retailer-chain buyer.

Even saying that they have great new product lined up for 2008 and beyond is revealing "too much" info--even though its extremely non-specific. Besides CSR's likely do not have the info on the upcoming lines as yet, again because its not been launched at Toyfair.

IF, and I say "if" with caution, the line continues, it'll be announced at Toyfair. If not, well.............c'est la vie.

What you have in hand...........for right now...............means nothing.

( and please..........this is the kind of stuff that ALWAYS precedes Toyfair in collector circles. This and the outright BS about this line and that line, stuff that is "coming" and stuff that is cancelled yadda, yadda, yadda etc.

Always, and every year now since the Internet became prominent. Do your anxiety the favour and cultivate patience here. The real answers will be forthcoming.)

How do you know what I do for a living?

How do you know what I do for a living?

You'd have elaborated, to prove your point. As it is, being vague does....exactly what?

Just like the response you got, it means nothing--because you can interpret it in any way.

Besides, if your "line of work" actually got you inside access to Marvel Toys and their ordering and distribution system, then you'd not be emailing them via the same CSR's that Joe Q. Public would use.

You'd be contacting someone who handles their marketing or distribution directly.

So, what do you do for a living and how does that make this relevant in any sense?

uh... what exactly did you ask them???? we need that info too to make any sense of this.

anyhow... I don't think that email means anything. what were they supposed to say??

I would assume (of course we all know what that does..) that with the supposed rumors of cancellation abound on this board his question was probably something in the neighborhood of: "Rumors around that the LCBH line is being tanked any truth to this rumor or when will be see the rest of Series 3 lineup.. and find Series 2 at full store saturation?"