Sad news for the future of the 25th anniversary line @ Walmart

Zanzibar

So Wave 4/5, Comic pack wave 1/2 are out at Walmart for sometime now, decided to stop on by if they did a reset, mine DIDNT. I mentioned few weeks back, my Walmart no longer has the price pegs for singles.

I briefly ask a Walmart employeee who usually works in the toy section, I showed him one of the 4 remaining cobra legion packs and ask him if they are gona get any more of the anniversary figs, and he pretty confirms that they are going through inventory and once they sold the rest of the remaining Cobra legion pack, Walmart wont be carrying the 25th anniversary line.

YOUR---------WALMARTS--------MAYBE-----MINE HAS THE BIGGEST SECTION SLATED RESET THAT IV SEEN SINCE SPYTTROOPERS

THERES AT LEAST 6 SPOTS FOR SINGLE PAKS AND 4 FOR COMIC PAKS AND ANOTHER ON THE SHELF THAT JUST SAID GIJOE IT HAD NUMBERS BUT NOT SURE WHAT THEY WERE NOW---------ALSO THERE WERE STILL SLOTS FOR COMMANDOS AND OTHER SIGMA STYLE JOES---------------FRANKLY WITH THAT SAID IM NOT WORRIED ABOUT THIS LINE AT ALL!!!

LATER

DOC

Mine never has carried anything from the 25th line, although I thought someone stated on TNI that all Wal*Marts should carry them sometime around January 24th?

I stopped by my small local Walmart today and for the first time they had about 6 or 8 pegs labeled with the 25th ann. GI Joe. Of course the pegs were empty, but since they haven't carried any of the new Joe stuff yet, this gives me hope.

Yeah, I wouldn`t go by what one employee said. Alot of times they have no clue what they are talking about.

Yup, that's pretty much the line I'm taking. Most of those employees will say whatever it is they think will get you out of their faces, and really don't have a clue about the bigger picture. And I'm sure if something like that was true for the entire Wal-Mart chain, there would have been some legit news about it by now. Not just the heresay of a Wal-Mart employee at one store.

The two Wal-Marts closest to me never received 25th figures (one of three Targets did).

The Walmart near me had their planogram reset sheets out yesterday and they had tons of GI Joe 25th pegs laid out. I don't believe there is any danger of this not being carried. This line is on fire right now.

Well this is a new development. As has been mentioned before some Wal-Marts carry them and some don't. I have 3 wal-marts in the area. The one closest to me does a good job keeping Joe stuff fairly well stock but the other out of the other two one doesn't carry them all and the other one carries them but the pickings are pretty slim.

Isn't Wal-Mart getting some Joe exclusives this year? Besides I only checked 2 WM's today and both did their resets and one had 3 pegs each for singles & comic packs and the other didn't, but had plenty of blank pegs for I think, them to added later.

Yeah, I wouldn`t go by what one employee said. Alot of times they have no clue what they are talking about.

Exactly! And please remember that this Walmart stocking Joes business seems to depend on the stores geographical area. Some Walmart stores in my area, a mere 15-20 miles from each other, will have vastly different Joe selections (if they have any at all).

Just wait until next week or possibly the week following at the latest, and you may be whistling a much different song.

There were some sections at my Wal-Mart for restock. Though I usually refuse to use Wal Mart. I usually use Target. But that's not the point. There will be restocking at mine.

i dont think thats true my wlamart is settign up for new aisle and they ahve gi joe section....and also they have been gettign the new comic packs in too

I briefly ask a Walmart employeee who usually works in the toy section, I showed him one of the 4 remaining cobra legion packs and ask him if they are gona get any more of the anniversary figs, and he pretty confirms that they are going through inventory and once they sold the rest of the remaining Cobra legion pack, Walmart wont be carrying the 25th anniversary line.

To be fair, you may have confused the employee by pointing to the 5 packs, which we all know are not going to be carried forward into spring. Because it is true, once that Walmart sells through the rest of Legions, they won't be carrying 25th FIVE PACKS

you are expecting intelligence from a Walmart employee.

They dont know Princess's, from Ponys.

he just had no clue, and wanted you to leave so he told you "no we aint getting anymore either"

i laugh at things about walmart dropping toy lines that are selling out, its Hogwash!

Yeah, I do not trust the Wal Mart employees in my town. I asked if they were expecting to get any more 25th anniversary figures in and they told me no. They were thinking the 12 inch Action Adventure Team figures were the 25th anniversary figures. The next week they had three boxes of Wave 3. Like Ccav said, "They dont know Princess's, from Ponys."

Every Wal-Mart is different. I do know that the store around here have been putting everything clearance!!! Its crazy!! The new Indiana Jones Legos were on clearance. They even had all there star wars figures on clearance. He could just be lying because he collects them also.

Localest WM, where the times I've seen 25ths could be counted on the fingers of one hand, had a Lady Jaye sometime during the previous week. The next day it was gone. If there was any reset, I didn't see any else of it happen. There's empty pegs but the tags are all of Elite Forces or whatever the brand X guys are.

I work overnight for Wal-mart and we have received wave 5 of the singles and wave 2 of the comics. The one I work at has 4 pegs for the singles and 3 for the comics. Most of the Wal-marts in the county and RI have the same setup. I think it may be an individual store issue. Maybe the toy manager feels that they don't sell well or that they are always on back-order. The problems with the lines availability in 07 may be swaying their minds about 08.