Plastic capes or cloth capes?

syd

Plastic capes or cloth capes?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Plastic
    • Cloth
    • Doesn't matter

I think plastic capes work really well aesthetically for characters like Bizarro, Azrael, and Etrigan from DCSH/DCUC. On the other hand, I was thinking that cloth capes would work for better mobility in the figures and would allow for more shelf space if you like posing figures close together. What do you guys think?

Oh, and please welcome me to the Forums, I've been a long time reader and this is my first post! :D

man, that's a good question! I havent voted yet, because I'm still thinking on it. for display value, I do think plastic looks better, but that's true about they take up more room that way. if you were gonna play with it (let's face it, that's what it's there for) obviously cloth works better. man, that's tough. I'm gonna vote plastic.

I'm not going to cast my vote because the poll choices are too generalized. If the figure is 12" and larger scale, then I like fabric capes (and clothes). If the figure is a say 6" or under, then plastic is what I prefer.

Honestly I've always liked plastic better. Cloth seems to get dirty much faster and is harder to clean. Plus plastic can aid in helping the figure to stand up if he/she doesn't seem to want to be upright.

See, I was never into that. I feel that the figures should be able to pose on their own two feet and not with the help of a plastic cape.

Okay, I just thought of something else, what if the capes had wires in them so you can have the study-ness of plastic, but still have the cloth mobility? (You can even pose the capes into the wind-swept look a la Supergirl from DCSH) I guess if one wanted to, they'd make custom capes.

Cloth capes are definitely must-haves on larger scale figures.

I like poseable cloth capes.

Kinda like the Collectors Edition Batman figure, from Batman Begins. Something like that.

Honestly I've always liked plastic better. Cloth seems to get dirty much faster and is harder to clean. Plus plastic can aid in helping the figure to stand up if he/she doesn't seem to want to be upright.

I feel the opposite. If the plastic cape is too heavy, that's why the figure falls.

I prefer cloth because it's better when I'm posing my figures. Unless it's DCD or Spawn where they ususally have the figures sculpted in some dynamic pose.

Soft plastic is my pick. 5-10yrs from now, will those cloth capes be looking as good as they did when they were new?

Superpowers used cloth capes. does anyone who owns them, still have them looking like new?

Soft plastic is my pick. 5-10yrs from now, will those cloth capes be looking as good as they did when they were new?

Superpowers used cloth capes. does anyone who owns them, still have them looking like new?

I still have my Super Powers figures from back in 1984/85 and they look brand new. And yes, they were removed from their packaging.

I am half n half some time it works and some times it just does not for both... I must say I like Icons thor cloth cape for example only one I can really thikn of at the moment... I have been wondering what DCUCs reds cape would look like as cloth though my self... Would sure be interesting... I know as a kid I use to LOVE the cloth capes on the DCSH figures :)