question about DCUC 2

ButchBeretta

I remember when news first broke about them Modern Aquaman and Firestorm were listed as the regular figures with the classics listed as the variants. does anyone know whether or not that's still the case?

I've heard it both ways, with everyone sure their own version of the story is gospel.

To my understanding (for now), Classic Aquaman will be the regular version with Modern as the variant, while Modern Firestorm will be the regular version with Classic as the variant.

Thats the version I've heard also. But originally classic Tornado was the variant while modern was the regular version and that was changed. I'm hoping for a push in making classic the regular and modern the variants.. or at least make variants easier to find. So far I haven't heard of a single variant Red Tornado being found or this mystery second variant.

If they continue to make modern/classic variations I hope they stick with the "Classic as standard release" formula. It is DCU Classics after all, not DCU Moderns ;)

Only time will tell

Or do a 50/50 split like they are supposedly doing with Superman Red/Blue. If each series is 5 figures with 6 pieces in a case throw in a modern and a classic.

I think they are going with the new firestorm because he is featured more in comics seeing as how the old guy is not around any more. Makes perfect sense to me to do so while making the classic AM the regular since more people would want him over the newer version

They are both 50/50 there will be 2 different cases forwave 2, one with classic Firestorm and whatever Aquaman you get, and wave2 case B will have the current Firestorm with a chance at whatever Aquaman you get. You can order which ever case you want.

I hope the classics are the regular versions.

Agreed!!! Although this makes me cautious about preordering a case. I only want the Classic figures and not the Modern stuff. Hell I barely even want Superman blue, but I do want Grodd. I'm assumming wave four will contain Flash, both Barry and Wally.

Just because it says "Classics" doesn't mean it has to adhere to that, as evidenced by the fact that we're getting Superman Blue.

Similar to getting debatable or non-legends in the Marvel Legends line. Sorry, consumers. Gotta catch 'em all!

exactly, it's just a name.

they have to call it SOMETHING, and "Those DC Guys" just doesn't seem as catchy.

Just because it says "Classics" doesn't mean it has to adhere to that, as evidenced by the fact that we're getting Superman Blue.

Similar to getting debatable or non-legends in the Marvel Legends line. Sorry, consumers. Gotta catch 'em all!

exactly, it's just a name.

they have to call it SOMETHING, and "Those DC Guys" just doesn't seem as catchy.

They needed a name that feels like a line that includes all the characters in DC Comics. DC Universe Classics is a lot better than DC Super Heroes IMO. DCSH had a bunch of villains like Killer Croc, Bane, Doomsday, Mongul. Hard to explain why villains are in a line called DC "Super Heroes"