25th Blackout

TR1ER

First off I want to give props to gargoyle and his post about has any one made a 25th Blackout yet from the comic book http://www.joebattlelines.com/phpBB3/viewt...?f=5&t=2619 . after checking out his post and looking at the pic I just knew I had to make that version to go with the Bombstrike custom that I made..

As far as the parts list nothing really major just a 25th Beachead and a Comic pack General Abernathy head that is dead on with that pic and add a Marauder rifle to try and match up to the pic.

SO and now on to the pics I hope you guys enjoy his Blackout custom!

061.jpg

055.jpg

Come with me Sister!

062.jpg

I hated the Hasbro figure, your custom looks great Tr1er!

What kind of paint do you guys use?? I am having problems with my paint flaking, peeling or runnig. The paint I use leaves a sticky feel on the figure. Can somebody please do a step by step demo w/ pictures. This might help me or any others who might want to custom up some Joes..

Thanks

Chopz

My man I use Model masters paint made by testors it's an Acrylic paint damn near never chips and take in 1 or 2 coats. it's a little pricey at $3.00 for a litle jar but I tell you best damn paint you could use. stay away from those cheap brands like Walmart I know they are cheap and thats what I used when I started makig customs.

Now most important when painting customs is to completely take apart the figure and sand all of the joints around any moving parts. that helps the paint take and helps from paint chipping during posing. also sealer I use it some times not all of the time use testors Dull coat brush on or spray work great.

I hope this helps if not feel free to PM me my man for more how to's check out GTG and JC for tons of tips and tricks of the trade.

Sorry MUN-dawg TR1ER does not ship to Puerto Rico! lol

Again thanks for the wonderful feedback my peoples.

After looking at the custom in envy, something just didn't sit right with me. I did not remember a duke comic head that looked like that, yet I remember I had the figure. After looking in to it, I realize that it is actually a General Abernathy head you chose to use from the comic 3 packs. Just a slight observation........unless i am completely wrong. Inwhich case ignore me completely. Either way, let the recipe stealing commence @firedevil@

http://www.yojoe.com/action/04/images/gene...thy_large.shtml

After looking at the custom in envy, something just didn't sit right with me. I did not remember a duke comic head that looked like that, yet I remember I had the figure. After looking in to it, I realize that it is actually a General Abernathy head you chose to use from the comic 3 packs. Just a slight observation........unless i am completely wrong. Inwhich case ignore me completely. Either way, let the recipe stealing commence @firedevil@

http://www.yojoe.com/action/04/images/gene...thy_large.shtml

DAmn your right I don't know why the hell I said it was dukes head thank for clearing that up my man! #US1#

Thanks again for the great words guys.