Marvel Legends??? What's a "Marvel Legend"????

Lemonhead

where can Hasbro go??? well, they can start off by making a good figure for Marvel.. that would be a good start. their Marvel figures have been nothing short of terrible. But, there are PLENTY of great characters to make. If you think Adam Warlock is one of the most prominent characters left to be made, then you are out of touch with the current world of Marvel. Like Arrow says, there are many, many, characters and even titles that have been untouched.

as for Hasbro, yeah, they make a lot of figures.. But until the 25th anniversay line this year, they hadn't made a decent Joe sculpt since RAH. Transformers seems to run its course every year, they haven't given fans a consistent TF line since G1 in the 80's.

bottom line, Hasbro has been cashing in on their glory of the 80's for 15 years... Star Wars remains their only impressive toyline.

as for Mattel.. I also worry that they will kill the line like they did the MOTU relaunch... mostly with poor case ratios.

anyhow.. I like the DCU line. I am not crazy about the hip joints, and their figures have limited motion compared to Toybis figures.. but at least they don't have UGLY joints like Hasbro's Marvel figures have.

I look forward to collecting the DCU line... and I have pretty much given up on Marvel Legends.

Name the mainstream characters that have yet to be touched. Go ahead, what characters that kids today would reconize have yet to be made into a legend type figure. Warlock was just an example, he is by no means mainstream. I might consider him a top character, but im sure many others will simply see him as a minor nobody. What is left are secondary characters, and for the record I am "in touch" with current marvel. Your anti Hasbro Clam, ive read your post, its cool, thats your deal. I happen to like Hasbro toys, but thats my deal. No big that I didnt like Toybiz and you did. Thats the great thing about a board like this, we can disagree and debate (as long as things dont start getting nasty or flaming).

I think wave 3 was about even with nearly anything toybiz put out(except I hate movie characters, real drag on those). The fantastic four wave also had some great figs(although I agree with you that Namor was a pile of it). Hasbro is getting better, and to me thats all that matters. I have yet to have a Hasbro fig break out of the case, ive had several toybiz figs break on me. While they are lacking paint apps at least the joints move freely and the paint is nice. Nothing sloppy, nothing dirty looking. Me and you differ on articulation, I only need enough to pose the figure without it looking like a drawing dummy. Ugly joints killed alot of great sculpts at toybiz.

But back to the bigger picture, Marvel is about tapped out on main characters. Dont get me wrong, DC will be too after 20 waves of figures. Thats just the way things go. I mean we can name secondary and minor characters all night long. But most of the A list characters have at least one version out there.

As for living off the 80's, hell hasbro is living off the 60's and 70's as well. Really what new toy was created in the last ten years that has stayed around. Anime toys are about the only thing, again the sad fact of life i suppose. And while you might not have liked the VvsV joes, kids sure did. We got two movies and a long toyline out of that. Okay it was crap, but you and me arent the market. Its the rugrats we navigate around in the toy isle that matter. Without them we would be on here debating cross stitch vs needle point...lol.

just to say but marvel now a days is putting a lot of characters in there animated movies. i can remember that when blade made an appearence in the spidey animated series it got him on top and they even did 3 movies of him. before that, you had to go a few miles to find someone who knew blade. same with the avengers movie.i talk a lot with kids at my work and gues what they even know who madame web is.

Pardon me while I pontificate...but I feel rejuvenated.

2007 was, IMO, such a let-down for collectors of MARVEL figures. Yes, yes, I know...many will disagree...and I REFUSE to argue the point...but le's just say that, for me, HASBRO's figures do not deliver the excitement that TOY-BIZ's did. Not even close..."Nuff said...

So I'm completely stoked by what MATTEL and DC are now doing with the DC UNIVERSE line! I avoided getting too heavily into MATTEL's DC figures for the last couple of years for the sake of my wallet...but now, with the new DC UNIVERSE line and the opening-up of the entire cast of DC characters...well let's just say I feel like a religious convert!

The fun is back! I'm even re-tracing my steps to find DC/MATTEL figures that I previously ignored on the pegs. My LEGENDs shelves have been cleared to make way for the DC UNI-figs.

I can't wait for WAVES 2 and 3...and I'm hoping MATTEL won't be stingy in February, and maybe we'll see a glimpse of WAVES 4 or 5 at TOY FAIR...

Please pardon my fan-boy geekdom, but...THANKS, DC and MATTEL!!!! ("You had me at ORION...")

#US1#

wow man, I feel (almost) the exact same way. I'm die hard Marvel and have just about every different character Marvle Legends and their compatible lines produced...BEFORE Hasbro took over. I have Hercules and Quiksilver, other than that nothing (I do plan on getting Black Knight and Tigra though). never got too heavily into any DC lines since I was a kid, but these DCUC figures are just what any comic/figure collector needs to feel their addiction taken care of again.

Wow, lots of worries out there. And lots of Hasbro AND Mattel bashing.

But I digest. I think Hasbro is screwing the pooch right now and Mattel is more than happy to belly up to the bar. My wife, who by no means is an action figure collector or comics reader, has asked me why FA Capt. America looks so much like a child's toy while Astonishing Wolverine looks more like my NECA and McFarlane figures. And yet she thinks Darkseid looks incredible, purely on an aesthetic level. And for the case ration worriers, so long as the BAF remains popular, Mattel will continue to ship at least one figure per case, and one double. My case from BBTS contained one of each figure and then a second Bats. That I'm not worried about. Maybe overall distribution, but not ratios.

While I agree that the DC Classics figures all look swell, they're all using the DCSH Batman or Superman body with certain details added.

I think Sinestro's head from wave 3 looks great, but his body is just too bulky for what Sinestro should really look like.

If anyone has a pic with all of wave 3 together, I'm really interested to see if Robin is in scale or if he was just another Superman body.

Don't get me wrong, the figure selection is great, the execution is a little blah. But then again, anything is better than more Alex Ross DCD.

Not one figure so far reuses the Batman orSuperman mold from DCSH, sorry. Even Superman Blue/Red is a different sculpt.

Even though I'm a bigger fan of Marvel than DC, ( I only like Batman and Superman from DC) I think Mattel is really winning in the race here.

Hey ML collector here, but due to what Mattel is cooking up, they got my interest piqued?! I personally can't wait for this line to get Supernova hot so all the crybabies who did collect legends will go all dinosaur on ML and just vanish!!!

Now if I get into this line at all, that's another story (even If that hal looks so F'N Dope! And Firestorm? FIRESTORM!? He was my favorite as a kid, one of the first characters I drew freehand!)

I'm glad this thread is still going because from the looks of things people are looking and looking hard for still MORE thigs to complain about with Mattel.

So they fixed the distribution problem that everyone was complaining about (including me) GREAT! So now we can all buy our stuff and be happy right?

Well, no.....NOW some of the yellow paint on some of the Red Tornado figures is not-so-good in spots.

Oh. Well aside from that everything's good right?

Well, no....NOW a lot of the body sculpts for some of the male figures look kind of the same.

Oh. Well other than that...........?

Well, no....you see the waist style? The one that's been used for years ever since DCSH wave one? Turns out that's not so good.

PLEASE! The sad thing is, Mattel could fix ALL those gripes and people would STILL Find a way to complain!

I am actually impressed with the DCU figures.

Mattel has learned a lot in the past two years. The figures haev improved adn articulation went up 50%. And now with the ability to create more than just Batman adn Superman related characters, we can see a whole slew of Chracters. I can't wait for the jason Roush Firestorm, Aquaman, sinestro, Nightwing, Deathstroke, and Solomon Grundy. The possiblities are endless and can easily rival Marvel Legends if the distribution holds up.

And as far as the hip joints go: they are taking the idea from ML-4 and did it better aesthetically. I can live with it. It is better than the current "twist around" hip joint that many of Hasbro's Marvel Legends are dealing with.

Hope to see a Giganta or an Atom-Smasher CAC (Collect & Connect) in the near future.

Someone said name a toyline that has come out in the last ten years that has lasted....That hasn't at some point stopped even for a year??Not that I'm a huge fan(never was)but there is a little line called Power Rangers....Anyone ever hear of it?? Ilove the DC stuff as a matter of fact I've gotten it since day one when it was just a Batman line and it has fleshed out from there.Now I didn't get all of it as I could care less about Hydro suit this or Freeze armor that as I chose what figures I would get and what I would pass on.My biggest concern right now is that Wal-Mart doesn't seem to be carrying these....And as far as Target/TRU goes their gone as soon as they hit so I'm still frustrated but again I've found what I want and just need Metamorpho's torso and arm(The Batman one).

Someone said name a toyline that has come out in the last ten years that has lasted....That hasn't at some point stopped even for a year??Not that I'm a huge fan(never was)but there is a little line called Power Rangers....Anyone ever hear of it?? Ilove the DC stuff as a matter of fact I've gotten it since day one when it was just a Batman line and it has fleshed out from there.Now I didn't get all of it as I could care less about Hydro suit this or Freeze armor that as I chose what figures I would get and what I would pass on.My biggest concern right now is that Wal-Mart doesn't seem to be carrying these....And as far as Target/TRU goes their gone as soon as they hit so I'm still frustrated but again I've found what I want and just need Metamorpho's torso and arm(The Batman one).

Well, you have Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Barbie, Star Wars and a host of other toy lines still around - but I get your drift. Wal-Mart should/will pick these up after a Wave or two as long as they sell well and it seems profitable for them to pick it up. But right now aside from the kid focused lines (Ben 10, Power Rangers, etc..) most other lines Marvel Legends, DCUC, GI Joe, Transformers, Star Wars that have a child and adult following have been shoddy on distribution lately at all stores. Just them trying to play catch up after Christmas.