What, what, what!!!!!!!!!

Dreadnok619

http://enewsi.com/news.php?catid=190&itemid=12380

So they have cast Marlon Waynes as Ripcord. Plus they say in the report that he will be the leader of the Joe unit. Do the people making this movie know anything about G.I.Joe. I understand that movies can't be exactly like the subjects they base them on and that the movie makers must take some liberties, but this is ridiculose. I could see if they cast him as Stalker. It would make sense in a leadership role. It makes me wonder about the success of this movie when Marlon Waynes is cast as the leader of the Joes. Hopefully this is a big mistake on the reporting end.

Wow that sucks... Stalker would be great, but if it's Ripcord, and he's the leader, forget it. I won't see the movie. Well, I won't pay to see it anyway. ;)

Do I still have nothing to be worried about DPrime.........I have no idea what they are doing with the casting on this thing?????? At least we could get Damon or one of the lesser goofy Wayons. I like the Marlon......but C'Mon

Terrible idea on so many levels.

Ripcord...I've got nothing against the guy, but who cares?! He wasn't a very important character on the cartoon or the comic. He isn't even remotely a leader-type character. I always remember him as the young, inexperianced guy. The guy they called if they needed a parachute expert or whatever. I can think of about half a billion better Joes they could have picked for the Leader spot. Why not Duke, Flint, Hawk, even Lt. Falcon would be better.

Ahh well, we all knew this movie was going to get torn a new one by Hollywood. I'm expecting even more dumbass casting & plot ideas as it nears release.

Wow that sucks... Stalker would be great, but if it's Ripcord, and he's the leader, forget it. I won't see the movie. Well, I won't pay to see it anyway. ;)

Do I still have nothing to be worried about DPrime.........I have no idea what they are doing with the casting on this thing?????? At least we could get Damon or one of the lesser goofy Wayons. I like the Marlon......but C'Mon

Honestly, my problem is less with the actor than the character. I don't like that Ripcord is black, when there are so many great black characters to choose from, and to have him as the leader is just so random, because again, we have so many great leader characters to choose from.

Marlon Wayans is a bit goofy, but whatever - Tom Hanks was pretty goofy once too, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but as "team commander" Ripcord, of all people? No thanks...

@bounce@ @bounce@ @bounce@ @bounce@

Wow, you guys sure jump on a rumor mill quick. Hasbro has made some mistakes in the past but I seriously doubt they would make one that would alienate the fandom.

Have you not seen any of the comic/sci-fi/toy property films in the past 10 years???.......Money, thats all that matters to Hollywood. Plus, if this movie doesn't do well they will say "No one wanted to see a GI Joe movie" they will never look in the mirror.

Fandom be damned........

Have you not seen any of the comic/sci-fi/toy property films in the past 10 years???.......Money, thats all that matters to Hollywood. Plus, if this movie doesn't do well they will say "No one wanted to see a GI Joe movie" they will never look in the mirror.

Fandom be damned........

Have you not seen Spiderman, X-men, Blade, Transformers, Batman Begins or Ninja Turtles? Seems like a lot of them took small liberties with their properties and turned in some great films in spite of the changes.

Look, its really pointless to try to second guess these casting choices OR the SUPPOSED characters and script/plot points these actors are attached to.

This "news" could be a read herring to throw off fans, and create buzz for the film--following much in the same idea as Transformers which had enormous fan opposition, but turned out a wildlypopular film. Especially since the uproar against TF was so loud, moviemakers will certainly approach production and information-leaking on movies like GIJOE very differently

Want some advice? Wait until the trailers hit, and then the movie itself. Decide then, once you or someone you trust has seen it firsthand before writing it off.

Not everyone is Hollywood is out to piss off the fans.

well if this is true this movie is going to suck on so many levels. i mean how hard is it to stick to what has allready been laid down in the comics and tv show from the 80s. WTF this sucks. i hate that they will do this to the joes .

well if this is true this movie is going to suck on so many levels. i mean how hard is it to stick to what has allready been laid down in the comics and tv show from the 80s. WTF this sucks. i hate that they will do this to the joes .

Eh, i`m not expecting much from this movie anyway. I still have a repeat of Street Fighter in mind for it, hope i`m wrong though @smilepunch@

Marlon was rumored to be in the film a few weeks ago, and that was supposedly confirmed as false, and now it pops up again?

..and, uh, overreact much? Like Arrow said, this could just be hype; let's wait until we see something concrete and not judge the film on rumors and conjecture. Besides this info was from Variety; I doubt they have a gijoe expert who knows something about the property; wayans may be in the film, but the rumor that he'll be the leader, or that ripcord will be the leader, is hogwash; that should be pretty obvious.

Fandom be damned........

Have you not seen Spiderman, X-men, Blade, Transformers, Batman Begins or Ninja Turtles? Seems like a lot of them took small liberties with their properties and turned in some great films in spite of the changes.

Look, its really pointless to try to second guess these casting choices OR the SUPPOSED characters and script/plot points these actors are attached to.

This "news" could be a read herring to throw off fans, and create buzz for the film--following much in the same idea as Transformers which had enormous fan opposition, but turned out a wildlypopular film. Especially since the uproar against TF was so loud, moviemakers will certainly approach production and information-leaking on movies like GIJOE very differently

Want some advice? Wait until the trailers hit, and then the movie itself. Decide then, once you or someone you trust has seen it firsthand before writing it off.

Elektra, Blade 3, Daredevil, Spider-man (AKA Peter crying about MJ for 3 movies), X-3, Turtles 2-3, Man-Thing, Ghost Rider (Okay, but still silly villians) Hulk, BulletProof Monk, Superman Returns, Street Fighter, Double Dragon, Super Mario Bros, Doom, League of Extradinary Gentlemen, Fantastic 4 ROTSS........just to name a few @smilepunch@

Granted some of these films have their bright spots but in some ways they were watered down interpretations/directors spin on continuity for each property. Most of the most successful badass movies took the comics/casting or source material SERIOUSLY........took things that would look stupid in real world situations and dropped them totally. Its going to be hard when most of the villians from GI Joe will look stupid on screen in a real world situation.......this movie is going to be hard to pull off just from that perspective alone without casting "White Chicks" as characters.

Also, Stephen Sommers track record does not inspire me to look forward to any of this.......Van Helsing was cheese on a stick with classic monsters.......could have been done way better with another directors interpretation of the material.

I'm not saying I will be cynical till the end.........but I don't see too many positives to this so far.

Also, before I get flamed for the Spider-man potshot......I really don't see why those movies are held in such high-regard as the gold standard of comic book films.

I'm not worried about him being the leader or anything......I'm thinking that may just be typo....

Also, this movie is going to highlight GI Joe collectors when it nears the opening......these movies are the only bridge to the mainstream........

Fandom be damned........

allow me to politely disagree. I have seen all those movies. I've seen all the superhero movies..

Spiderman 1 and 2 were great, even with the changes they still felt like Spiderman and captured the feel of the characters. Spiderman 3 was pretty lame because they tried to squeeze too many things in at the expense of the story.

I still haven't seen a good X-men movie.

The Blade films are okay.. but with a much more limited amount of source material, they could have been anything.

Batman Begins was decent, if not a little boring.

I believe that Superman Returns is the greatest comic movie ever. (even though they gave him a kid, stupid)

But Tranformers, which is the most related to GiJoe, was far from a great film. I enjoyed it, no doubt, but not because it was a Transformers film. It was enjoyable, but it was NOT the Transformers.

Transformers would have been exactly the same movie if they changed the title and the names of the characters. It was LOOSELY based on the Transformers concept, yet captured NONE of the feelings of the original characters.

I never heard anybody say they liked the movie because it was about Transformers. We liked it because it had big robots blowing stuff up.

And that is what GiJoe may turn out to be.... army men blowing stuff up.

While it may still be popular and enjoyable from an action movie point of view... it might not be a GiJoe movie, despite the title.

and if its true that Marlon Wayans is playing Ripcord, the leader of the GiJoes, then this is no longer a GiJoe film.

@loll@ LMBAO!!!! @loll@

OHMYGAWD if this isn't a rumor..i won't say I will "NEVER" watch the movie but i'm probably gonna wait until it's showing repeatedly on Bravo before I watch it! @loll@

Even as Stalker..or any other Character black or white, I just don't see him being a strong enough actor to portray any of them. But I think i'd be more pissed if he ruined Stalker's good name then Ripcord...that's like Jerry Seinfield playing Serpentor! @loll@

I'm going to have to disbelieve this until it has been confirmed. Isn't Ripcord the guy they changed to "Airborne" at the last second in the JvC line because they didn't have the rights to the name anymore? Why would they go out of their way to make a character that was never close to being in a leadership role as the star of the film if they can't even release him as a figure?

You guys crack me up, Hasbro hasnt mad a REAL version of ripcord since the 80's, do you think they really give a crap about him as a character in the movie? The Ripcord from JVC was changed becuase of the parachute mistake.

this Movie is gonna be just like the toy line, a lot of DUKE, COBRA COMMANDER, SNAKE EYES, and STORM SHADOW, with some backround characters thrown in. I think the writer of the Internet piece just does know Destro from Baroness.

But Tranformers, which is the most related to GiJoe, was far from a great film. I enjoyed it, no doubt, but not because it was a Transformers film. It was enjoyable, but it was NOT the Transformers.

Transformers would have been exactly the same movie if they changed the title and the names of the characters. It was LOOSELY based on the Transformers concept, yet captured NONE of the feelings of the original characters.

I never heard anybody say they liked the movie because it was about Transformers. We liked it because it had big robots blowing stuff up.

Off-topic: But isn't that what transformers is about, fighting, transforming, blowing stuff up? I can understand if people didn't like the film, but all this "it wasn't transformers" doesn't make any sense to me; it's not like any of the g1 characters were so fleshed-out that the movie-makers had a lot to go on..

I mean, I think, bottom line, it was transformers bc hasbro said it was transformers. One may not like it, but it's still transformers.

Wow, what a great idea!

Might I suggest...

Kathy Griffin as Scarlett?

Jim Carrey as Shipwreck?

Margaret Cho as Quick Kick?

This movie just went down the crapper in a hearbeat.

LMAO!!! Margaret Cho as Quick Kick! Too funny man! Wicked stuff.