Sign in to follow this  
pastwatch2001

The "OMG my _____ ML figure just broke!" Thread

AHHHH! My Face Off Iron Man's arm just broke today. I barely handle that figure and today the arm just came off. Seriously, I wasn't even trying to do anything, just move it and everything from bicep down just came off without any effort. :(

the pinky finger from my fearsome foes spider-man about two days before christmas. i finally got around to repairing it. i removed all the fingers on that hand, glued the "ring" of the pinky, and used a paper clip to poke a hole where in the ring (the hole the pin goes into). it worked out pretty well. im probably gonna have to do that to the pointer on that hand eventually.

My Toy Biz Cable and Iron Lad's wrists broke off right out of the box. I however went to www.figurerealm.com and found tutorials on how to fix these reoccurring and frustrating breaks. I know your pain, but when you fix your own figure, you will gain this sense of accomplishment.

i broke some of my figures from the fantastic four hml pack just taking it out the the damn plastic. those damn invisible rubber bands. i tend to pull the figure without thinking its there. oh well.

My Series 1 Iron Man's right arm is the only one in this category.

My Series 1 Iron Man's right arm is the only one in this category.

What a coincidence - same here. I glued it at the joint, but now I'm afraid to pose him too much.

Those early waves were TIGHT, and I had lots of trouble getting them loose. I just pushed IM too hard. @cussing@

In the past month Abomination's arm fell off when just trying to move it. Dracula's leg broke off when just trying to move it. No the joint wasn't stuck, it broke because it's cheap plastic and a tiny joint. Icemans crotch cracked in half without even touching him. Toy Biz's quality control was the worst ever towards then end of their run with the license. I've yet to have a hasbro figure break, probably because they have so few joints!

i've had a lot of figures break right out of the box - but i honestly don't think any of my ML figures have. I recently purchased Beta Ray Bill on sale for $5 at KB...and his right arm just WONT go down. I knew if i tried pushing it, it'd break. I even tried using my hair dryer on it (a trick someone in a previous thread taught me to use when doing head swaps) to loosen up his joints...but no luck. That damn arm is like glued in place.

The most recent figures i've had break right out of the box are Hush (his left hand broke off when i went to move it) and 'chosen' Xander (his right leg broke right off the first time i tried to move it)....

I haven't broken hardly any of my figures except my Spider-Woman's wrist is broken and I had a miss-hap with my 6 inch Robo-cop his leg fell off when he fell from my display one day. @grumpy@

a couple of days a ago i dropped my ML cannonball figure on the carpet and his arm broke off. what the hell? a couple years ago my ML sabretooth's arm fell off too. at least he was easy to replace.

My Mole Man's hand broke off right out the box.