Why is no one buying up Cobra Legions?

I bought 5 sets for 12 bucks each at Amazon.

they are 17 at Target and most Walmarts here too.

However, I don't see them sitting around much anymore.. they got cleaned out at Christmas.

that being said, the reason I didn't want tons of them (I would have only bought 1 at normal price) is because its just a bunch of Troopers, an ugly Stormshadow, and a CC we don't really need. If there were more variety in the troopers (like Crimson Guards or Vipers) then I would buy more.

They announced that Vipers were coming out in 08, and I prefer them. I don't want an army of Cobra Troopers... never cared for them.

I picked up a Legions set for 12.48 or something like that.....I hope they go down further cause I will pick up some more. Those Joe 5-packs are sitting everywhere though. I still can't find that damn Cobra pack anywhere.......I have everything else except the original Cobra pack. Its lame.......

I bought a Cobra Legion 5-pack, but I can understand why many aren't. What essentially amounted to a lazy repaint package isn't necessarily going to inspire swift sales. Also, as the price point is higher (I'm thinking more for its psychological effect than anything else) than purchasing single-packs, any of the box sets are going to languish on the shelf.

The only answer I can see to marketing 5-packs and making them sell is to do one of two things. Either A) put all new figures in each pack, or B) include mostly new figures in each pack. Granted, the Legion 5-pack had the air trooper, but as Wave 4 repackaged him at a lower price point, I think many sought him there instead.

Besides the Cobra Stinger Driver, I'm not really interested in the Cobra Legions 5-pack. The Devil's Due comics suck, so I don't care about figures based on the series. As for the Air trooper and regular trooper, the crappy yellow deco is not appealing to me. It was a sorta neat concept when Hasbro was doing the comic packs a few years ago, but here's the 411. They're basing the colors on the colors that Marvel comics printed them in back in the 1980's when printing and paper quality wasn't what it is today. The reason Marvel used yellow was b/c black or grey would bleed into the page and doesn't make a good looking comic book. For me, I'm only interested in figures based on the look from the cartoon.

Although I was in Target yesterday and had tons of Cobra Legion figures on clearance for $17 each. Hopefully, they go down to around $10, then I'll get one.

Yo joe!

well, I bought one... seeing as it was $25, and GI Joe figure is $5 individually anyways, $5 seemed fair for each of these guys... plus I never had cannon fodder in the early '90s... didn't have many Joe back then. I love the set..

I would buy more, but priorities have me spending on other things... I'll think about it and watch for clearance.

I would love to army build this series. cobra commander could become the crimson guard immortal, and stormshadow, there are always ninjas in the series.

It certainly sends an odd message to Hasbro when they put out an army-builder kind of 5-pack and it sits on shelves. But I think because they threw in the Storm Shadow and Cobra Commander they screwed themselves. People want to army build, but I doubt those people want a bunch of extra Storm Shadow and Cobra Commander figures since they're not of the army-building variety.

Plus they're $25 or more, and that's a lot of dough for repaints, no matter who they're of.