Worst ML of 2007

Duck Face

Given how a number of Hasbro Marvel Legends have not been purchased by me due to their ungliness, I'll go on by saying that for me of the ones I DO have... Banshee and Emma Frost are the worst. They're so bad, I had better custom versions made of them by customizers to fill their spaces in my X-Men display.

Seriously, Banshee is missing his big collar look, has a lemony yellow to his costume, and has a way too huge head.

Emma looks like a guy in drag that's anorexic. Even the worst of Toybiz's women sculpts had nothing on Emma.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your worst is doom? I guess not everyone could have liked it

well let me explain. the grey is not silvery enough, and looks like it has the gray counterpart to the transformers line's infamous "Gold Plastic Syndrome".

worst for me is marvel girl (cable and marvel girl 2-pack)

runner up, it's a close fight between danger, mary jane, emma frost... i'm going to settle with danger.. it's just plain ugly.

amazing what a wash does to danger

IMG_2859.jpg

yeah, your danger looks a million times better than the ordinary one. great work on the paint app. but i thought we were talking about the worst fig as released, so, danger's gonna be my runner up. with out a customizer's touch, that fig just sucked bigtime.

some of you LIKE Emma???? that figure is by far, in my opinion, the worst ML ever. ever ever.

Mystique and Scarlet Witch are both pretty awful - but they at least have mediocre head sculpts (not great, but tolerable)....while Emma not only has a diaper and a cartoon body but a really terrible head that doesnt make her look pretty and is too small.

But i got Emma last year for Xmas, so wouldn't that first line not count for this year?

so not including Emma (since i got her last year)....

worst: Mary Jane.

I think Kirsten Dunst is weird looking - but that figure is soooo ugly.

close second: Jean Grey Marvel Girl. I'm seriously offended that anyone thinks this figure is good. the face looks like it belongs on a superhero squad figure.

not even a close third, but third nonetheless: a tie between Namor (i dont think he's THAT bad, but i was so excited for this figure and he wasn't nearly as cool as i had hoped), FF Ronan Thing (fugly) and Black Suit Spiderman from the 6inch Sandman movie line (purely based on the awful articulation alone).

but if we count Emma, then uh....she's my number one pick forever for worst ML figure.

amazing what a wash does to danger

IMG_2859.jpg

Yup, escpecially IF you take it a step further and completely redo her paint apps.

Dangersidebyside.jpg

Dangerrepaint1.jpg

IMO the worst male figure was yucky Bucky

Worst female was a tie between Emma Frost and Jean Gray Marvel Girl

i dunno what youre getting at by redoing all her paint aps

i painted mine solid black, then drybrushed blue, then drybrushed silver

also yours def looks better than the original,but im not a fan of how bright the blue is you used

Which is quite a bit more than just giving her a wash. :) I trimmed down the diapered look around her waist. Used a base coat of Tamiya silver to high light the area's I wanted shiny metallic, then covered the whole figure in a coat of clear blue. Finished up by repainted her eyes.

Dangerrepaint2.jpg

Worst Male- Banshee. That face could scare the innocence out of a child.

Worst Female- X-3 Jean Grey. They should have made a "Guns and Blades" accessory pack instead. I would've been able to pay for that without biting my pride.

Then again it could be worse...

7aac_1.JPG

Putting aside the fact that all the Hasbro waves SUCK...

Worst Figure of the Year----- Marvel Girl, I mean, a poor repaint and a worse head sculpt like we will never see (hopefully!)

Runner-up----- SANDMAN BAF, What's that????

Which is quite a bit more than just giving her a wash. :) I trimmed down the diapered look around her waist. Used a base coat of Tamiya silver to high light the area's I wanted shiny metallic, then covered the whole figure in a coat of clear blue. Finished up by repainted her eyes.

Dangerrepaint2.jpg

ah,didnt reaklize you trimmed the sculpt also

i really didnt have a problem with the sculpt after i repainted it

some of you LIKE Emma???? that figure is by far, in my opinion, the worst ML ever. ever ever.

close second: Jean Grey Marvel Girl. I'm seriously offended that anyone thinks this figure is good. the face looks like it belongs on a superhero squad figure.

i like emma,i think shes a great ML.sure she has flaws but she still is a great figure.

and BE offended,i think marvel girl is a great representation of the early jean.

YOU are a classic example of why there is figure dispute in the forums

i like emma,i think shes a great ML.sure she has flaws but she still is a great figure.

and BE offended,i think marvel girl is a great representation of the early jean.

your bad taste is a classic example of forum disputes.

Early Jean did not have a badly sculpted face.

and Emma is not a great figure. I'm sorry. You're just wrong. i can't possibly accept that as a valid opinion.

haha, but that's what these forums are about - people posting their opinions and disagreeing with each other or agreeing or whatever. that's the fun in making these lists.

and Emma is not a great figure. I'm sorry. You're just wrong. i can't possibly accept that as a valid opinion.

haha, but that's what these forums are about - people posting their opinions and disagreeing with each other or agreeing or whatever. that's the fun in making these lists.

HAHA bad taste? sorry i assumed you were telling a joke because THAT was hillarious.

badly sculpted face? if i saw correctly they were trying to recreate the face in the panel where rachel had a vision of jean.look on the side of the box and you'll see it.

im wrong? oh i get it your living in a world of your own.heheheh now your posts have become so clear.

if you dislike these figures sooo much then why have them? or do you even have them?

your making out that these figures are of scarlet witch standard,which they are not.

@smilepunch@ @loll@

I love it when people think that when someone's taste in figures (or anything for that matter) isn't identical to their own, it's "bad" taste.

Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

We're here to bash figures, not each other's opinions.

I love it when people think that when someone's taste in figures (or anything for that matter) isn't identical to their own, it's "bad" taste.

Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

We're here to bash figures, not each other's opinions.

can't it be both? :P