And the Best Marvel Figure for 2007 is....

pastwatch2001

Annihilus (purple color palette) He was everything one could hope for in an Anni... too bad his wrists didn't swivel?! But all in all, he's my pick and I don't even like the F4 like that?!

Amazingly enough. I'm gonna have to agree with Ares on this one.

Even though I don't like the articulation, costume choice or artistic specific style of the figure. The Ray Marvel Girl is undisputabley the best M.L. female this year.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

emma frost

and this is my personal best so i dont need quotes like "im offended that you like her" and "are you blind?",or even "you have no taste". :P

a little bit of red on emma's lips can do wonders to her.

also 2 pack marvel girl,doom,silver surfer,namor,MJ and ast cyke.

emma frost

and this is my personal best so i dont need quotes like "im offended that you like her" and "are you blind?",or even "you have no taste". :P

haha

fine. i'll keep my mouth shut.

but, i like Doom and Cyclops - so we agree on 2 figures.

emma frost

haha

fine. i'll keep my mouth shut.

but, i like Doom and Cyclops - so we agree on 2 figures.

yes i suppose we do -_-

emma frost

WHAT??? nah, i'm just joking... :P

None. All of them have been found wanting . . . . or needed additional paint wash, or a little customizing or lack a certain articulation, or out of scale (Ben Grimm, Hercules, Silver Surfer). Too many issues, that still need to be addressed. I give em all a 'C' for effort.

most of the LCBH line beats hasbros stuff

I totally disagree. Although Hasbro is not perfect, I prefer their figures. I think the quality and sculpting is far superior to Toy Biz.

I vote for Black Knight as the best, even though he was not my favorite.

I also loved Cyclops, Rachel, Jean (2 pack), Black Queen, X3 Colossus, Doom, Lord Thor, new Goblin, planet Hulk, Silver Surfer and Xorn.

Oddly, I really didn't like the BAF's this year - not because they're not great toys, I just don't really like the characters.

Nope. the Legendary Comic Books heroes line is FAR superior to Hasbro's figures. They beat them in sculptng, articulation, realism, construction, paint apps... whatever.

Sure, Hasbros figures will be more durable.. but who cares about having a piece of dog crap forever?

I just put together my Ronan.. and the dud can't even bend his elbows 90 degrees.. what a joke.

Nope. the Legendary Comic Books heroes line is FAR superior to Hasbro's figures. They beat them in sculptng, articulation, realism, construction, paint apps... whatever.

Sure, Hasbros figures will be more durable.. but who cares about having a piece of dog crap forever?

I just put together my Ronan.. and the dud can't even bend his elbows 90 degrees.. what a joke.

Again, I must disagree. I guess I should have said "in my opinion" in my earlier post. My point is, Hasbro may not be perfect, but neither is Toy Biz. Calling LCBH "far superior" is a huge stretch.

In my opinion, too much articulation significantly detracts from the look of Toy Biz figures - yes, even LCBH series 1 and 2. I also hate the floppy joints that show up much too often on Toy Biz figures.

the only articulation that i would say is "too much" is individually articulated fingers

and the chest articulation on ml8 iceman/SMO black spiderman, the torso swivel and the ab crunch is un-needed when the waist swivels also

what else would you say is too much articulation?

the only other thing i can maybe think of is toe articulation but some characters really need that like spiderman, daredevil,wolverine etc etc

I don't have a best for 2007. Maybe a serviceable one or one you could have to live with. An action figure should have all that's necessary for display. . . that when you look at it, you don't feel like you have to add any more to it like additional paint wash and apps or need further customizing or accessorizing to make it look right.

I don't have a best for 2007. Maybe a serviceable one or one you could have to live with. An action figure should have all that's necessary for display. . . that when you look at it, you don't feel like you have to add any more to it like additional paint wash and apps or need further customizing or accessorizing to make it look right.

when was the last time this happened?

seems like every figure needs a major accessory with them they didnt get

ml9 nightcrawler needed a sword, ml14 psylocke needed a blade,baron zemo or red skull need the cosmic cube,pyro needed flames,banshee needed a flight stand and a collar (or the blue and gold outfit if they didnt want to give him a collar),any ironman can always use wrist or boot blasts (see warmachine)

and if they have all the right accessories then the paint or sculpt is usually lacking

the last great figure i got was ml3 cyclops, his articulation was awesome, he doesnt really need paint apps for such a simple costume design,only thing he COULD use is an optic blast,but that would just be difficult to do

before that the last figure i got that i was truely happy with was ml13 green goblin

ML3 Cyclops the best you can do?? The guy doesn't have much of a forehead because of that visor that sits virtually on his noggin. All you can see is his large mouth and prominent jaw. For a good sculpt, they should have used his Icon version where his visor sits lower, right where it should be. Heck that Cyclops pales in comparison to the Sentinel series one. If it were not for choice of the current costume, this thing won't sell much.

ML3 Cyclops the best you can do?? The guy doesn't have much of a forehead because of that visor that sits virtually on his noggin. All you can see is his large mouth and prominent jaw. For a good sculpt, they should have used his Icon version where his visor sits lower, right where it should be. Heck that Cyclops pales in comparison to the Sentinel series one. If it were not for choice of the current costume, this thing won't sell much.

thats kinda the point im getting at....

HYDRA goons...without a doubt.

It was a TOY-BIZ sculpt.

I don't have much that is good to say about HASBRO's 2007 "offerings", except that in my opinion, they did not measure up to TOY-BIZ.

#US1#

I don't think the Hydra goon was a toybiz sculpt since the toybiz version appears to be different from the Hasbro one. It is possible it is the same sculptor, but I don't think it was the one that was goin to be a pack in for ML 13.

Regardless, Hasbro uses the same sculptors that Toybiz used for ML, so the only difference is really articulation and paint.

For instance, Paul Harding, the guy who did some of the toybiz figs like faceoff punisher; Hulkling; Super Patriot; the cancelled hand ninja also did Holocaust/Nemesis, Black Knight, Icons Jean Grey, etc...

Here is Paul Harding's site if you guys want to whether or not he does Hasbro ML figures.

http://www.hardingstudios.com/

IMG_1957.jpgDSCN4493__scaled_600.jpg

Hard to tell because both figures have their mouths open, but there are some differences such as how wide the mouth is open, how close the mouth is to the nose, how the teeths are more even in the Hasbro one and some other minor details that are missing on the Hasbro version. Also, the middle line (on the front of the mask) on the Toybiz figure is longer than the other lines while all the lines are even on the Has version.

It was a TOY-BIZ sculpt.

I don't have much that is good to say about HASBRO's 2007 "offerings", except that in my opinion, they did not measure up to TOY-BIZ.

#US1#

I don't think the Hydra goon was a toybiz sculpt since the toybiz version appears to be different from the Hasbro one. It is possible it is the same sculptor, but I don't think it was the one that was goin to be a pack in for ML 13.

Regardless, Hasbro uses the same sculptors that Toybiz used for ML, so the only difference is really articulation and paint.

For instance, Paul Harding, the guy who did some of the toybiz figs like faceoff punisher; Hulkling; Super Patriot; the cancelled hand ninja also did Holocaust/Nemesis, Black Knight, Icons Jean Grey, etc...

Here is Paul Harding's site if you guys want to whether or not he does Hasbro ML figures.

Magenot´s Proto looks sooo coool!!! That has to be done in 6" And that Hand Ninja too!!! all he need is double jointed elbows and knees!! They`re impressive!!

It was a TOY-BIZ sculpt.

#US1#

Magenot´s Proto looks sooo coool!!! That has to be done in 6" And that Hand Ninja too!!! all he need is double jointed elbows and knees!! They`re impressive!!

Yeah, Mags does look sweet, I can't wait for Icons Phoenix though, we definatly need a 6" version of that, its the best female body sculpt imo, and the head sculpt is phenomonal, dead on.