I Want a 25th Style Mutt/Junkyard!!

Stygian

Okay, so February Toy Fair is still looming and who knows what announcements about 25th style Joes will be made there, but I haven't heard even a slight rumbling about a 25th style Mutt/Junkyard on he horizon, and this has me more than bit concerned. Who else out there feels that this guy DEFINITELY deserves the 25th treatment?

Before you answer, please understand that I realize there are a ton of other Joes I'm sure you'd like to see before Mutt, but please I request that you keep this Thread on topic.

BTW, Hasbro folks if you're 'listening'. If you have plans to make Mutt/Junkyard in the 25th style (crosses fingers), please make Junkyard look like an actual breed of dog similiar to the 80's style Junkyard. I'm just going to say it; the 25th style Timber looks awful and I beg you to spend a wee bit more time on Junkyard to make sure he looks accurate (albeit 'plussed) to his 80's counterpart. Again, I BEG of you! Thank you...

Okay, so February Toy Fair is still looming and who knows what announcements about 25th style Joes will be made there, but I haven't heard even a slight rumbling about a 25th style Mutt/Junkyard on he horizon, and this has me more than bit concerned. Who else out there feels that this guy DEFINITELY deserves the 25th treatment?

Before you answer, please understand that I realize there are a ton of other Joes I'm sure you'd like to see before Mutt, but please I request that you keep this Thread on topic.

BTW, Hasbro folks if you're 'listening'. If you have plans to make Mutt/Junkyard in the 25th style (crosses fingers), please make Junkyard look like an actual breed of dog similiar to the 80's style Junkyard. I'm just going to say it; the 25th style Timber looks awful and I beg you to spend a wee bit more time on Junkyard to make sure he looks accurate (albeit 'plussed) to his 80's counterpart. Again, I BEG of you! Thank you...

YES I'M TOTALLY WIT YA! THEY HAVE ALREADY DONE SNOW JOB AND BETWEEN HIM AND MUTT THOSE ARE 2 OF MY FAVORITE JOES! I SO HOPE SO MAN! BUT IF DONE I REALLY WANT HIM TO LOOK JUST LIKE V1!

BUT IF DONE I REALLY WANT HIM TO LOOK JUST LIKE V1!

Oh, I completely agree! Version 1 is the only version that ever mattered to me, so I'm right there with ya.

As a side note; I recently re-purchased the 80's Mutt/Junkyard via eBay, because the 25th treatments have sparked a certain sentimental feeling in me I suppose. I have to admit that the RAH version doesn't do as much for me as I feel a 25th re-do would.

Also, how cool is it that Mutt originally came with a silenced Mac-10?! I'm sorry, but that's incredibly cool no matter which way you slice it!

Mutt & Junkyard are a must for the 25th Anniversary line. They were the third G.I. Joe figure(s) I had, as a child. Duke and helmet Cobra Commander were my first two, but they both broke the first day I had them. Mutt & Junkyard and Firefly were the next two I got, and I have had them ever since. Their weapons and gear were awesome. Plus, one of the main reasons I revere Mutt so much is that he reminded me of my father at that time. Still does, though my fathers hair has turned silver.

I just hope Hasbro doesn't tell us well we made him in DTC so none for this year like they did with Cover Girl. @grumpy@

Well, hopefully the 25th style is unique enough as a property that Hasbro doesn't lump any previous Mutt/Junkyard incarnations in with what they might do going forward. After all, why not capitalize on the instant recognition of the 25th brand name, and put out as many older Joes as possible in that style? To me that seems like a license to print money these days!

I agree....the 25th ann Joes also need some more color. Everyone they are making with the exception of Shipwreck & Snow Job are all green and black. Now I'm not saying neon it up but make some fan favs that arn't SE, Scarlett, Duke

Let's see

Airtight

Barbecue (got noooo love since the Joes were reintorudced 10 yrs ago..yet is very much beloved)

Classic Spirit

Lifeline

Outback

Falcon (he's green...I know)

Wet-Suit

MAinframe

Dialtone

Airborne

Bazooka

Quick Kick

Mutt & Junkyard (to keep it on topic lol)

this line is being done now how it should of been when they released Joe vs. Cobra. The tooling is beautiful...the cards...wow....my only complaints thus far is Hasbro making a Red Ninja (c'mon...Eels? B.A.T.? Tele-Viper?) and no gloves on Flint

I'll agree with all of those Flint069. I'm especially partial to Mutt of course (vis a' vi this Thread), but I don't exclude old favorites such as the ones you mentioned. Honestly, I'd love to see nearly every figure between 82-90 redone in the 25th style before all is said and done! Yea, I'm nuts I know, but unabashedly so!

Toy Fair cannot come soon enough.

Amen!! I don't think I've anticipated a Toy Fair this much in years! This statement may seem obvious and perhaps a tad obtuse, but Hasbro is going to be THE action figure company to watch next year. Not just for our beloved 25th Joes, but for all the lines they'll be putting out in 2008.