25th Gung Ho Question

Zartan666

Ok Im a diehard Joe fan, but for the most part I have been really underwhelmed with the 25th figures. They look nice, but it just seems like Hasbro dosnt want them to be perfect. So I only ever bought the first 2 waves ( I was also unable to ever find the others on shelves.). However my sister bought me the Joe 5 pack for christmas. And again, I was kind of dissapointed with what I got. But anyway onto my question or observation as it were...

I was looking closely at the Gung Ho figure, and I noticed something that bothered me. His arms. And no Im not talking about the obvious elbow problems. His upper arms appear to be backwards. Now I know this is kind of hard to explain without pictures ( sorry no camera), so if you have the figure get him out and look at his arms. His triceps detail is sculpted on the front, with his rather small looking biceps being on the back. Now I know you can just flip his arms around, but then there is no detail showing on the outside, as the insides were sculpted flat. I know this wasnt a factory mix up, because it still has the little R and L for right and left on them. So did Hasbros factory just get the peices reversed? And could someone tell me how to take appart one of these new torsos? It could easily be fixed by switching the upper arms. Also why did Hasbro bother sculpting slightly less detialed versions of the same upper arms that Roadblock has? Gung Ho was always portrayed as being a large guy, im sure no one would have complained if they shared the same upper arm sculpt.

Im sorry if this has been mentioned before, but Ive kind of fallen out of the Joe loop for the last few months.

The arms on my Gung-Ho figure are on backwards as well--the clue is the shoulder muscles. The inner part of the arm ends sooner than the outer part of the arm(this should be reversed), which on my figure is how the arm is displayed if the tricep is to the rear and the bicep is to the front. I suspect its a chronic mistake at the factory level, or even a fault with the molds.

It`s a fairly easy fix but annoying to have to do. My complaint about this figure is that he is too scrawny!

I noticed this tricep aimed forward problem on my Wave 4 Gung Ho (single carded version), but not on my box set GH. I believe the inconsistency may be because the box set version I purchased was from an earlier run, perhaps when q/a was more stringentand that later runs aren't being checked as thoroughly? There's a question mark there because I'm really not sure. I welcome any other hypothesis.

Okay, so my question is; what's this "easy fix" you're referring to, Cobra Command? Hopefully the fix doesn't involve a dremel tool, having to crack the figure open, or anything else too drastic?

You can't just swivel the arm, because it isn't sculpted on the one side.

I checked mine last night, and the left arm is fine, but the right upper arm is actually a left upper arm - so if I swivel it to put the tricep in the back, the flat side is out.

This stinks. Does Hasbro ever switch a figure out if you ask them?

You can't just swivel the arm, because it isn't sculpted on the one side.

I checked mine last night, and the left arm is fine, but the right upper arm is actually a left upper arm - so if I swivel it to put the tricep in the back, the flat side is out.

This stinks. Does Hasbro ever switch a figure out if you ask them?

Umm Why cant you? Im looking at mine which came the same way and I swivled it around. Looks normal to me.

I've had two bad Gung Ho figures out of three with the arm problem. He's the only figure I've had a problem with so far.

All you have to do is Swivel the arm around....

No, you don't...

When you swivel the arm around, the shoulder is backwards for one, and gives the figure the "meatball" shoulder look that the VvV had. Secondly, the inside of the arm is different than the outside. Believe me, I tried that first, and I'm not the kind of person to settle for something less. I mentioned this before, but: luckily for me, I received the second bad Gung Ho through a trade, and the opposite arm had the problem, so all I have to do it swap one of the upper arms to correct the problem. At this time though, it's unnecessary because the third Gung Ho I got is fine, so the only reason I would need to do the swap is if I'm going to do a custom.

I swapped my upper arms on GH, I boiled and popped off the lower arms, then cut the peg on the shoulder and boiled them, making the plastic soft enough to take the upper arm off(leaving the shoulder "ring" in place), then I switched them and then popped the right lower arms on.. I actually trimmed some of his "bicep" a little, just to make it so he can bend his elbow a little better. The only problem is even after all this, when you put the vest back on, he still is limited in the arm movement cause of the bulk of the vest.

I might go back later and make the arm hols in the vest a tad bigger, that might help a little... we'll see.