WM Listings?: Nemesis Enforcer, Copperhead, Tripwire, Red Star

Glue

Rumored Wal-Mart listings for these chars in 2-packs for '08 over at the joesightings.com board, reported by Slicer X. Edit: Oops. Can't believe I forgot to mention Falcon's listing.. @hmmm@

Edit #2: And I just realized who Red Star is. October Guard would be so awesome, just so I can nostalgize over the '80s cheese! A Real Global International Hero! #US1#

I was never a fan of Nemesis Enforcer -- woulda preferred Pythona & Golob figures, if I had to have movie figures at all, actually would like those Cobra-La Royal Guards too -- but with the general quality of sculpts in this line, I suspect I wouldn't pass these up.. Hope this becomes a reality.

This is the list from that thread.

GIJ COMIC 2 PK STORM SHADOW VS FIREFLY

GIJ COMIC 2 PK SHIPWRECK VS COPPERHEAD

GIJ COMIC 2 PK COBRA COMMANDO VS TRIPWIR

GIJ COMIC 2 PK DESTRO VS GRENADIER

GIJ COMIC 2 PK FALCON AND NEMESIS

GIJ COMIC 2 PK DUKE AND RED STAR

Storm Shadow and Firefly? Yawn.

Shipwreck vs Copperhead: I hope they at LEAST do something about his fist.

Cobra Commando vs Tripwire: The other thread suggested it could be Cobra CommandER. I hope not. I bet Tripwire will use the Flash body.

Destro and Iron Grenadier: I'd hope that is the gold head.

Falcon vs Nemesis: If that's Nemesis Enforcer, that's probably not going to be that great a figure. The original 80s version sucked.

Duke and Red Star: What are the chances it isn't the same Duke? I mean Red Star was a pretty late entry into G.I. Joe Mythos.

The most fascinating aspect of the comic packs is the number of new molds they have shown used so far. You have to ACTUALLY wonder about these now and can't presume they will just be repainted bodies.

Not really familiar with the track record of the guy reporting the rumor, but there seems to be talk of getting better corroboration/confirmation at the upcoming Toy Fair. Guess we'll see..

But so far, Hasbro seems to have released more than they'd originally planned each time around. Someone(s) in the Hasbro teams did those 25th customs that included Pythona. As far's I'm concerned, the only difference between the design team's "customs" and releases is market interest, demand, and acceptance. I'll definitely take it.

This is the list from that thread.

Cobra Commando vs Tripwire: The other thread suggested it could be Cobra CommandER. I hope not. I bet Tripwire will use the Flash body.

Falcon vs Nemesis: If that's Nemesis Enforcer, that's probably not going to be that great a figure. The original 80s version sucked.

Duke and Red Star: What are the chances it isn't the same Duke? I mean Red Star was a pretty late entry into G.I. Joe Mythos.

The most fascinating aspect of the comic packs is the number of new molds they have shown used so far. You have to ACTUALLY wonder about these now and can't presume they will just be repainted bodies.

Yep, and I HOPE Tripwire doesn't use Flash's body. It really isn't appropriate at all, not at all the same pattern.

I don't want to start any rumours but when I saw Cobra Commando, I couldn't help but think of Invasor (probably wishful thinking!).

I'd want falcon, Iron Grenadier and Redstar, but that's it. Of course i'd have to get those they are packed with. arg. I loath tripwire, one of my least fav joes.

Something is scaring me though, if the comics take place during the marvel run and we see nemesis enforcer, that means he is in continuity @hmmm@ CRAP! PURE CRAP!

I'd want falcon, Iron Grenadier and Redstar, but that's it. Of course i'd have to get those they are packed with. arg. I loath tripwire, one of my least fav joes.

Something is scarying me though, if the comics take place during the marvel run and we see nemesis enforcer, that means he is in continuity @hmmm@ CRAP! PURE CRAP!

Just wondering. Who is writing these continuities?!

Thanks...

Seeing as how the original '80s version sucked for every 25th figure, which looks amazing, I can't see any downside. ^_^

If you're gonna start with troll comments like that, expect some "stupid noob" comments in return... @hmmm@

Seeing as how the original '80s version sucked for every 25th figure, which looks amazing, I can't see any downside. ^_^

If you're gonna start with troll comments like that, expect some "stupid noob" comments in return... @hmmm@

D, you just saved me a long post lol, thanks.

eh im not afraid of this list, i loved the original Redstar figure, so thats cool.

Copperhead = Awesomeness

the rest.. good custom fodder, or great shelf statues.

anyhow.. if this list is real, it worries me because we need Falcon, Tripwire, and Iron Grenadier single carded. (we don't need Red Star at all)

we need all the figures single carded that came single carded.

Something is scarying me though, if the comics take place during the marvel run and we see nemesis enforcer, that means he is in continuity @hmmm@ CRAP! PURE CRAP!

Just wondering. Who is writing these continuities?!

Thanks...

Hama himself is writing these new issues which are taking place during the marvel run. They are like 1/2 issues in their placement.

While all these 2-packs sound great I'm gonna believe it when I see it. Even then its all up in the air. Hasbro has showcased fully developed figs before and not released them. Like the few Robot Rebellion and the last line of joe mission disc. Plus I can't get it out of my head that Hasbro said no Cobra-La figs in one of the monthly Q@A's.

I thought hasbro said 25th theme ends in fall on 2008. So I don't what these will be.

News to me... as long as these are still popular, I couldn't see why they'd cut it short. I understand that we'll see movie figures when that comes out, but I would expect even them to be "25th style"... And even then, like Star Wars, they'll probably mix it up with '80s style characters to make sure the brand is out there, I would think.

So wait.. he listingly bashed, item by item, either the characters or the figures

torm Shadow and Firefly? Yawn.

and I'm trolling? What, negative opinions only count if you happen to have a high post count on this board? I'm not trying to "start anything", be it a flamefest or any other off-topic discussion. But I'd appreciate it if you (or anyone else, for that matter) could explain to me how this is anything other than a double standard. Every one of his remarks struck me as rather arrogant and unconstructive. If he wasn't interested in these characters or figures possibly getting a release, why did he have to reply?

Granted, Nemesis Enforcer was a movie continuity character. But HOW did his vintage figure "suck" in any way that was notably different from the figures of every other character? Especially given, what could safely be taken as, the general constraints of Hasbro's production? Enforcer wasn't oversized compared to the average figure? Neither was Sgt. Slaughter. NE didn't look that close to his show/comic design? How many other figures did?

and I'm trolling? What, negative opinions only count if you happen to have a high post count on this board? I'm not trying to "start anything", be it a flamefest or any other off-topic discussion.

Don't worry, I didn't literally get the impression you were trolling/flame-baiting, but you made a pretty broad, extremely negative generalization about RAH in a GI Joe forum, which is bound to get a couple of us growling a bit! ;)

The noob thing was just to get you a bit riled up, the way we RAH collectors get riled up when we hear something like what you wrote. The thing is, as much as I like the 25th Anniversary figures, to say that some of them are better than their RAH counterparts is certainly up for debate (even when you take proper context into consideration, like the time they were made, etc), and to say that the RAH versions "suck" outright is gonna get some people angry, plain and simple. That's all.

I think there's a difference between what Pesatyel said too:

I don't think it's all that negative, to be quite honest. They're all valid points. The Nemesis Enforcer comment is certainly debateable but I think that given what we've seen so far, it is a bit odd that he (along with Red Star) is included in that list. At least his comments are specific to the figures at hand, not something like "25th sucks" or anything like that. That's the big difference.

Well, admittedly, I wasn't a big fan of the vintage line, despite having grown up then (I think I bought a Cobra EEL and that was it). And I'm aware the Joe fandom can be at least as divided, if not moreso, than the TF fandom. But what I heard was: "Well, nothing in the entire subject of this thread is really that interesting; some of it will probably suck." I tried to take it in stride, but, whatever we may each feel about the various specific lines, it's not as if I marched into a "Vintage ARAH '80s Nostalgia" thread and let loose my opinion.

I can also understand when one is already expecting disappointment from a certain character, but one could wait to see what the test shot looks like first..

And yeah, Red Star is a tad "fringe" of a character choice.. enough to make one question the validity of the rumor. But given the release of IG Destro, Battle Armor CC, and upcoming Tiger Force stuff, it simultaneously doesn't seem that far fetched. If they do release Red Star, it'll likely be in low frequency quantities matching their estimate of the market interest.

i look forward to NE also i was very disapointed with his fig. even as a kid i think he should look pretty good in 25th ver.

(This is an example of trolling...) Even as a kid you thought he'd look good in 25th anniversary style? Awesome! I had no such foresight myself.

-Kevin

Eh, don't give the guy a hard time. Not everyone has English as their first language. And even some who do it's difficult to tell.

Obviously he meant that the original NE figure (in the 80's style) looked like crap, and that a 25th update would be more than welcome- to which I agree.

i look forward to NE also i was very disapointed with his fig. even as a kid i think he should look pretty good in 25th ver.

(This is an example of trolling...) Even as a kid you thought he'd look good in 25th anniversary style? Awesome! I had no such foresight myself.

-Kevin

Eh, don't give the guy a hard time. Not everyone has English as their first language. And even some who do it's difficult to tell.

Obviously he meant that the original NE figure (in the 80's style) looked like crap, and that a 25th update would be more than welcome- to which I agree.

thank you

i got my words crossed a little