Bored on Christmas, Who are your top 12 Joes and Cobras?

MarvelBoy1974

12) Snake eyes: 1986 costume version

11) Shipwreck-original costume

10) Dusty with beret and wife beater muscle shirt

9) Lady Jaye-w/o hat

8) Iron Grenaiders Destro with gold helmet and cape

7) Flint: Original uniform

6) Duke: original uniform

5) Tomax-original sleeveless

4) Xamot-original sleevless

3) Baroness- Black leather costume

2) Hooded Cobra Commander in the blue or black Crimson guard uniform as he appeared in GIJOE #1

1) Scarlett- original uniform

There are Joes you need, and Joes you love. My favorite Joes tend to be the ones you can write stories about.

Joe Colton - the founder and veteran. DDP missed a great angle on this guy as a man who became jaded with the military, and turned his back on the team he created. Now that he's running the team again, that choice should haunt him some.

Cobra Commander - When done right, he's absolutely the epitome of evil. Not when he's trying to take over the world. It's when he does little things, like burying his own son alive.

Dodger - survivor of an explosion that destroyed an entire oil field, and his entire team around him, I see Dodger as having something of a God Complex, signing up for the most dangerous missions, field testing experiemental equipment that may fail on him when he needs it the most, continuing to be the Next-Gen Soldier he was in BF2K, but with an air of wrecklessness surrounding him.

Dr. Mindbender - I've got so much backstory worked out for this guy, even being dead doesn't make me love him any less. As the torchbearer for the sci-fi part of GIJoe, I want to tie him in with the IRON Army, Hannibal, Dr. Knox, and Overkill. I could write some epic fanfic if I didnt still harbor dillusions of actually writing the comic one day.

Clutch

Rock'n Roll - These two should absolutley be utilized as the Rosencratz and Guildenstern of the GIJoe epic. The affable duo who are unremarkable among the rank and file, never caring for nor fully comprehending the meaning of what they do. They're just happy to fight the enemy, do there jobs well, and find a few cuties to enjoy their furlough with.

Ripcord - Based on his appearance in the Marvel comics, Ripcord should be a character with a great weight on his shoulders. Getting involved with Candy Appel may have gotten her killed. I'd love to see Ripcord as a man with boundaries, not letting anyone get close, and always going the extra mile to keep his teammates safe, even at the cost of his own safety.

Tunnel Rat - I could write a thousand stories about a mixed-race kid from Brooklyn. Especially a short one.

Barrel Roll - DDp hasn't even scratched the surface potential of this guy!

Billy - He desperately needs to find his place in the comic continuity. I think I know where.

Gung-Ho

Cover Girl - I came up with the idea a few years ago (ok, like ten) that Cover Girl and GH should be close friends, and that Gung-Ho's sister would consider Courtney her role model.

I love lots of characters from the Joe Universe so it is hard to narrow it down... but... if I had to choose from my childhood...

1. StormShadow

2. Shockwave

3. Barbecue

4. Airtight

5. Sci-fi

6. Rock and Roll

7. Doc

8. Zartan

9. LJ

10. The Twins

11. Serpentor

12. Snake Eyes

**** Here's Hoping to get 2-5 in the 25 Anniversary line!!!! ****[

1. Beachhead

2. Cover Girl

3. Mercer

4. Snake Eyes

5. Scarlett

6. Gung Ho

7. Barrel Roll

8. Cross Hair

9. Black Out

10. Major Bludd

11. Airborne (sky patrol)

12. Low light

After the top 5 its hard for me to choose favorites as there are many figures that I love

only 12 huh. Its kind of impossible for me to put them in order but ill try. lets see

Cobra First

Destro

Cobra Officer

Cobra Trooper

Crimson Guard.

Zartan

Baroness

And the Joes

Snake Eyes

CoverGirl

Flint

Duke