25th anniversary articulation

CLAM

25th Anniversay Articulation  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to see changed/added to 25th anniversary figures ARMS

• ADD bicep swivel (RAH)
    • CHANGE elbow to double elbows (marvel legend style)
    • CHANGE elbow to traditional elbow (RAH)
    • REMOVE wrist swivel
    • OTHER (specify)
    • Nothing, I love them
  2. 2. What do you want to see change/added to 25th anniversary TORSOS

• REMOVE chest joint
    • ADD abdominal hinge (marvel legends)
    • ADD waist swivel
    • ADD ball joint waist
    • ADD O-ring waist articulation
    • OTHER (specify)
    • Nothing, I love them
  3. 3. What do you want to see changed/added to 25th anniversary LEGS

• CHANGE to ball joint hips (marvel legends)
    • ADD thigh swivels
    • CHANGE to traditional knees (RAH)
    • ADD shin swivels
    • REMOVE ankle joints
    • OTHER (specify)
    • Nothing, I love them

so.. I am digging the 25th anniversary figures.. but the articulation bothers me somewhat. There are some definite issues.

what should be changed? What should stay the same? What should be added?

your opinions are appreciated, let Hasbro know what they are doing right and what should be reviewed

for me.. the figures ARMS would benefit a great deal by having bicep swivels added. The RAH joes had it, why don't these?

Hasbro thinks putting the swivel in the elbow is a better idea... it doesn't work well.

They should add the bicep swivel and change the elbow to a traditional one, or even better, use marvel legend double elbows.

The TORSOS are what bother me the most.

That chest joint is pretty usless and downright ugly. Get rid of it.

if anything, an abdominal hinge could be added... or Nothing at all.

The waist definitely needs some articulation added.. its a joke that there isn't a waist joint. They could put the o-ring back if they remove all the torso joints.. or they could simply add a swivel in addition to an ab-hinge or something.

The LEGS are pretty good as is... but some thigh and or shin swivels would be nice.

and ALL the figures need to have the reworked crotches so they can actually sit with their legs closed

Great topic Clam! It's good to see you back into Joes! :D

I agree with the bicep swivels. They definitely should have this and the traditional knees. So far all I have seen from this line has been great but if they really want to commemorate the RAH line they should stay true to the designs from the 80s.

I am glad also that we haven't see so many repaints of the same figures after 5 waves. If anything please Hasbro leave the repaints for the comic-packs!

So far everything is awesome! THANK YOU HASBRO!

YO JOE! #US1#

At first when I saw them I wasn't to hot on the new design, but once I got them I liked it. My only problem was with the hips and since it looks as if Hasbro is making that change I'm cool. Don't get me wrong, I love the classic o-ring design and in my opinion it made the joes the best toy ever. Sometimes change is good and sometimes its really bad. In the 25th case its good. The first wave of joe vs cobra in 2002 it was really bad. Least they didn't make that mistake again.

Now that they're more or less standard, I don't want any drastic changes. I like standardized articulation. RAH was RAH, and it was great (I love it more than 25th), but that doesn't mean they should change back to o-rings or whatever. Not now that we're getting further and further in the line. That being said I have some issues with TWEAKING the articulation rather than outright changing it.

1 - Give the elbows more range. Figures like Duke or even the Cobra Soldiers don't hold their weapons properly at the port arms. Duke is especially bad, and it's worse that he's being used for other figures. We need a new Duke, Flint, and presumably Rock and Roll and Breaker (the latter three need properly rolled up sleeves as well, but that's a seperate issue).

2 - If they're going to have a ball-jointed neck, give them some motion, because most don't really do anything but swivel right now.

3 - Last but not least, standardize the articulation. Why didn't Lady Jaye have swivel wrists? We didn't Roadblock and Destro have double-jointed legs? Why are Scarlett and the Baroness' knees different? I don't like this.

I have to agree with Admiral on there. There has been enough change in the line.

I mean, I understand how some of you guys live, breath, and sleep RAH, but honestly, I don't think it is a good for Hasbro to completely revert back to RAH articulation but for those who wishes that all the 25th anniversary articulation to be like that.

I don't mean Clam's comment since he makes excellent points, but I mean those who want a straight return of the RAH articulation.

If Hasbro did went back and used the RAH type articulation with 25th sculpts, I am sure some of you guys will complain that Hasbro should just go back with the old sculpts, hence the RAH comic packs all over again. Just that I don't think some of you guys will be happy unless Hasbro brought back RAH as they were from the 80s.

As for O-rings, I am somewhat happy they didn't use O-rings since it was a bit flawed in terms that the o-ring would uses its strength over time, causing the figure to break.

lets get through a year of these before we ask for more changes.

i think Hasbro has made up for the last 4 years of bland offerings IMO.

we finally have the ultimate update line. original colors, comic packs, soon to be cartoon packs, new and old versions.

the future is bright, i dont wanna ask for more, when it seems we finally get going in the right direction.

For the arms, I wish they'd find a better way to handle figs like Duke and Flint and no more closed fists.

I am happy enough with them. If anything was changedI want to torso changed. Just do away with the mid-torso joint and make a waist swivle. Most times the torso joint is hidden well enough except on someone like Shipwreck. The movement itself does not bother me just the look.

Other than that just get the hands better so they can hold more weapons/accesories.